Status
Not open for further replies.

RobertH

Moved On
Jul 9, 2012
My wife and i have ego twist and i am happy with mine but she wants a silver bullet. She has had it in her shopping cart and then took it out and back in several times trying to make up her mind. I know she wants a Variable voltage and from what i know the silver is not. And she is aware of this and seems to feel the "kick" will be just as good as VV.
My question is ,What device would you recommend for a VV device in the silver bullet class?
I understand this is a hard question to answer and there is many many things to be considered so all i am looking for is a list of 3 or 4 devices that are in the class of the SB and then i will compile the info and turn it over to her for the final decision.
I just want her to be happy with what ever she gets. Even though i would get it if she didn't like it.lol
Thank you for any advice on this you would like to share,Rob.

Last edited:

jnnfrlsw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2009
East Central Ind
The SB has been around a long time and has a reputation as being a solid, dependable and durable pv, I had one for awhile but ended up selling it when I made the switch to the Provari. That was over a year ago and I now have 2 Provaris. The Provari has some of the same qualitites as the SB-solid,durable, dependable. The VV feature is the main diff between the two Pvs. They are coming out with some new colors this month as well. Since you like the Twist and vv I cant think of a reason not to love the provari. I am sure others will share some other options for you, but my pick would be the provari.

Tequila

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
A bottle

Kay1959

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2012
Out in the middle of Nowhere
While you can put a Kick in a Silver Bullet, you won't have the ease of changing your voltage 'on the fly'...so it's a personal decision. I also am a Provari owner (have two also) and I'm very happy with it. If money is a factor, then have you looked at Apollo VTube? It's about as close to a Provari you'll find for the price.

Apollo VTube Kit

There's even a discount code, it's something like vtube30 (not sure maybe someone who knows for sure will pop in here) that will give you a 30% discount on it.

Tequila

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
A bottle
I agree that the kick is not an elegant solution for changing voltage on the fly. But if you are one of those folks that gets dialed in and rarely changes things then it might be a viable solution. personally I would just say get the lady a silver bullet and a provari. WTH, they are both really nice mods and having an extra lying around is always a good thing.

ShogaNinja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Ohio
www.youtube.com
The only thing better than a SB with a kick is a Provari which is even more money than the SB at $85. The Lavatube is pretty much fail considering that it secretly lowers your voltage based on the resistance of the atomizer you put on it. The worst part about this is that it doesn't tell you that it's doing it. The Provari will at least give you an error code when you ask it to vape at higher voltage than it is "comfortable" with.

At the end of the day, the EGO Twist is the best device on the market because it lacks such "safety devices" and it is many times more affordable than the "old school go to APVs". If you ask around you will quickly find that most Provari owners in fact vape at just over the 4v range which is exactly what the EGO Twist does. To pay more for the same effect is not wise. Buy her as% some jewelry and tell her to deal... lol. Save yourself 1000 button presses to find your "sweet spot" and just twist it up. That's my best advice. At least with the diamonds or gold she could brag to her friends, which women like to do more than any other pastime, AND she might show her "appreciation".... =win

Last edited:

RobertH

Moved On
Jul 9, 2012
Thank you ALL very much for the advice,info and idea's. All this will help in the final decision. but as of late last night/early this morning after *sleeping on it , we have decided to just get both and what ever one she don't want,then i get.
So what this boils down to is We buy both the Silver bullet and the Provari and after she decides which one she likes the best then i get the other.
I agree with ShogaNinja on the Twist. she already has two and has got her voltage to ohm's worked out and tweaks it a tad depending on what ejuice she's puffing. As for "jewelry"...We have already been down that road. I'm saving that for my "get out of jail/dog house free card".hahaha.
But as always all joking aside i want to thank you all for taking the time to Share your advice and thought's. As i have learned not only will this be of great help to my wife and i but to many others that come along and have the same question in the future.
Thank you ,take care and have a great day,Rob.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
Sigh. For the LT it's an amp limit.... and I'm hearing rumors about a 4 amp unit in the future.

Lot's of units have amp limits. Check that when buying. The Provari (if you can afford it, and get your hands on one) is a nice, if bulky, unit.

Quality <> durability exclusively IMO. I'm more concerned with the design, features, electronics, etc. Doesn't have to be built like a (vented) pipe-bomb. I use box mods. Easy. Reliable. Build em for 18.00 or less. But to each their own.

The kick is an add-on. As such, it extends the device length and has (I have heard, but not seen a spec sheet) a 10 watt limit.

Anyway, Rob... good luck with the SB and Kick, hope the wife enjoys the Provari. ;)

I give any e-cig I buy a 1 year lifespan before I want something else anyway. Don't want a shelf full of "collectable old stuff" that I never use and is obsolete. The Provari is a good vv unit though.

Last edited:

NancyR

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Washington State
The kick is an add-on. As such, it extends the device length and has (I have heard, but not seen a spec sheet) a 10 watt limit.

While it will extend the device if it is used in a sleeve, it doesn't have to. The sleeve does make it easier and less messing with it when you change the battery, also allows for the full sized battery to be used. Most that sell devices that can be kicked tho will tell you the size battery to use if using a kick without a sleeve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread