Wood Wiring help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard Tweed

Apr 22, 2019
Hey guys I'm new here and I cant seem to find the post I am looking for so I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place but here goes:

I am making a stabwood box mod and I'm having a bit if trouble getting my head around the wiring aspect of it.

The mod will be duel 18650 and the chip will be the YiHi sx485j, I was going to use battery tubes from the mod maker website which sure would be easier because they have the positive and negative solder tabs on the top but I saw a guy on YouTube (oi modz) using a battery door setup, my question is how does the wiring work when using a battery door that is on a hinge?

I'm sorry if I haven't explained this very well lol.

I would really appreciate any help guys.

Reactions: Izan

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hey guys I'm new here and I cant seem to find the post I am looking for so I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place but here goes:

I am making a stabwood box mod and I'm having a bit if trouble getting my head around the wiring aspect of it.

The mod will be duel 18650 and the chip will be the YiHi sx485j, I was going to use battery tubes from the mod maker website which sure would be easier because they have the positive and negative solder tabs on the top but I saw a guy on YouTube (oi modz) using a battery door setup, my question is how does the wiring work when using a battery door that is on a hinge?

I'm sorry if I haven't explained this very well lol.

I would really appreciate any help guys.
Hi and Welcome,
In general, it is a simple conductive bridge.
What device are you using as your model/sacrificial lamb/guinea pig for door and component design?

Can you post a photo of the Stabby you are using? Blank or otherwise.

Cheers
I

• Agree
Reactions: Mordacai

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Here is the design I am going for, he shows the battery door about 2mins in.

You can see the polarity markings on the door.
sss.JPG

This device is configured with the batteries in series. (think stacked batteries)

HTH
I

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
So would them little round contacts on the door be connected somehow, and is there no need for wires to be going through the door for the chip?

Thank you for your help
Si, no wires.
It is often just one piece of metal with two nubs to make contact with the batteries.
Zr3fspFm.jpg

Sometimes you can see the common connection, and sometimes (your example) not.

HTH
I

Reactions: ShamrockPat

Richard Tweed

Apr 22, 2019
Si, no wires.
It is often just one piece of metal with two nubs to make contact with the batteries.
View attachment 810735
Sometimes you can see the common connection, and sometimes (your example) not.

HTH
I
In this pic you can see a pin containing the wire that makes connection when the battery door shuts, it's the same on my asmodus mod, this is what confuses me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread