The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Wiring help

Discussion in 'Wood Craft' started by Richard Tweed, Apr 22, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Richard Tweed

Richard Tweed Full Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Hey guys I'm new here and I cant seem to find the post I am looking for so I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place but here goes:

I am making a stabwood box mod and I'm having a bit if trouble getting my head around the wiring aspect of it.

The mod will be duel 18650 and the chip will be the YiHi sx485j, I was going to use battery tubes from the mod maker website which sure would be easier because they have the positive and negative solder tabs on the top but I saw a guy on YouTube (oi modz) using a battery door setup, my question is how does the wiring work when using a battery door that is on a hinge?

I'm sorry if I haven't explained this very well lol.

I would really appreciate any help guys.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Izan

Izan Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    Hi and Welcome,
    In general, it is a simple conductive bridge.
    What device are you using as your model/sacrificial lamb/guinea pig for door and component design?

Can you post a photo of the Stabby you are using? Blank or otherwise.

Cheers
    I

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Richard Tweed

Apr 22, 2019
    Hi, I am machining my own on a mill so I can design it however needed, I just dont know how yet lol, I also make the hybrid blocks myself.

4. Richard Tweed

Apr 22, 2019
    Here is the design I am going for, he shows the battery door about 2mins in.

5. Izan

Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    You can see the polarity markings on the door.
    sss.JPG
    This device is configured with the batteries in series. (think stacked batteries)

HTH
    I

6. Richard Tweed

Apr 22, 2019
    So would them little round contacts on the door be connected somehow, and is there no need for wires to be going through the door for the chip?

Thank you for your help

7. Izan

Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    Si, no wires.
    It is often just one piece of metal with two nubs to make contact with the batteries.
    Zr3fspFm.jpg
    Sometimes you can see the common connection, and sometimes (your example) not.

HTH
    I

• Like Like x 1
  8. Wayneo

Wayneo Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 5, 2015
    Oh Canada
    Connected, yes. Either way usually 1 + and 1 - to the board from the batteries.
    In my old tired mind, dripp3d dot com has/had decent diagrams for both series and parallel wiring diagrams.
    Izan's pic shows a series connection as he already said ;)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Richard Tweed

Apr 22, 2019
    Oh I see, thank you all for your help. I will see how i get on.

10. Richard Tweed

Apr 22, 2019
    In this pic you can see a pin containing the wire that makes connection when the battery door shuts, it's the same on my asmodus mod, this is what confuses me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.