Status
Not open for further replies.

ancient puffer

EX PV Collector
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Virginia, USA
Thought of that....having read it somewhere on here. Waxed the door with some Mothers mag polish. I've been using it on a copper nemesis for quite awhile. Keeps it looking good for a long time and so far a fresh application has always brought it back to looking like new.

Congratulations and welcome to REOville :)

Just so you know, the copper vein isn't actually copper, in the sense that, as it darkens, nothing on earth will bring back the copper color, once darkened, it's darkened forever.

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
Gorgeous mod & best atty choice (IMHO)! It doesn't matter how long it took to get here. What matters is that you found the Reo (and us).

I got my first Reo early on in my vaping journey but thought tube mods were where it was at when I was out and about (I know....silly me). That illusion ended in the spring and I'm all Reo, all the time.

Yep, Tis a good idea to pick another color or perhaps a Woodvile? Welcome.

1/2 fast

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2013
SW Ohio
Congratulations and welcome to REOville :)

Just so you know, the copper vein isn't actually copper, in the sense that, as it darkens, nothing on earth will bring back the copper color, once darkened, it's darkened forever.

Didn't know that. Guess I'd better get a can of "clear coat". I really like the copper color. Thanks for the heads up.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
My first was a copper vein with a brass RM2. I put a clear Jwrap on mine. There is a small gap after application and that gap I brushed on some of Mrs CMD-Ky's high quality clear nail polish. It went on wrinkle free, just a little warmth from a hair dryer helped. It has held up well and a chip in the nail polish is easily fixed.
I had the same reaction, "Why did I wait?" For a few years and a boat load of money wasted on purchases that I didn't care for, I found ECF learned of REO and I finally tried one. With the folks here I learned to build coils to meet my likes - I no longer lust after a regulated bottom feeder. I hope you are as pleased with yours as I am with mine.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
2nd coat of clear lacquer is drying on the door. Should be good to go in another half hour or so. First time I've picked up something else to vape on in two days. Was good to switch flavors though. Most days vaped three different flavors anyway.
So you're saying you need TWO more REOs.......

Welcome to Reovile. I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that you will have two more REOs (at least)......and I'm betting you'll have them by Christmastime. These are very addictive and very hard to resist. ;)

ed101z

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
East TN
2nd coat of clear lacquer is drying on the door. Should be good to go in another half hour or so. First time I've picked up something else to vape on in two days. Was good to switch flavors though. Most days vaped three different flavors anyway.

@1/2fast ... Rob BAKES the paint on really good so it's more durable than just paint alone.

If you mess up, and need to remove the clear coat, you have the option of removing the way I did::

I used Xylene (Crown brand) from Lowes to remove the Rustoleum clear coats from my Copper Vein and Black Wrinkle. Poured the solvent in a cup, and dipped both mods in it. It worked great, and did not affect the paint at all. I submerged them, and pulled them out after about 25 seconds. Once I pulled them out, I used a Natural hair paint brush to lightly brush over the entire mod, and the small areas as well. Did this for about 2 minutes total, and then immediately washed them in warm water using Dawn Ultra. It worked great for me, and didn't affect the paint.

For God's sake... if you do this, you're doing it your own risk. I don't want to be held responsible for you messing anything up. Just passing along what worked for me.
mail1.gif

...interested in knowing how things turn out. :thumb:

1/2 fast

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2013
SW Ohio
@ ed101z .....just brought like the door with the 2nd coat in from the patio after two hours on the patio. Had hot sun and a good breeze today. Great for drying paint/lacquer.

Looks perfect, maybe just a little glossier than before. Used lacquer that is supposed to be non yellowing so hopefully I can keep your tip filed away. Thanks!

sc12

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2013
USA
What? Vape it doorless! :)
Congrats on 1st REO!

ancient puffer

EX PV Collector
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Virginia, USA

Welcome to Reovile. I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that you will have two more REOs (at least)......and I'm betting you'll have them by Christmastime. These are very addictive and very hard to resist. ;)

Um, you miscounted, that should be FIVE more REOs...backups, ya know ;)

1/2 fast

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2013
SW Ohio
Have you started cruising the website for #2 yet? :)

Probably have # 2 & #3 picked out already......then there's the woodvilles :shock: Had similar experience with ProVari's. Need to find a 12 step program for buying vape gear I suppose. Trying to decide whether or not to retire this year.....shouldn't be buying more vape gear.....yeah that'll stop me:rolleyes:

RuDawg7890

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
Sinking Spring, PA, USA
Probably have # 2 & #3 picked out already......then there's the woodvilles :shock: Had similar experience with ProVari's. Need to find a 12 step program for buying vape gear I suppose. Trying to decide whether or not to retire this year.....shouldn't be buying more vape gear.....yeah that'll stop me:rolleyes:

Welcome and congrats! That's a nice looking REO you choose. I once had a ProVari, then I tried a REO!! ProVari found a new home, and the REO family grew to three. (a LP Grand, a SL/LP Grand and a 2015 Woodie)

If you're thinking about the SL models, definitely try one, I prefer them over the standard grand. The SL's feel so nicely in your hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread