Wismec Luxotic MF variable board for DIY box mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

SplifD

Apr 10, 2016
Hi everyone.
I really want to build a regulated dual 18650 box mod and originally I wanted it to have a dna chip, but they are very expensive. Recently I stumbled upon this Wismec Luxotic MF Variable 100w board. Now, I know it is made so that one can change the board in the luxotic mf box, but could I use this board for my purpose instead of a dna chip? It's only 20£, which is a lot more reasonable for me as a student to pay compared to the dna chip.
Kind regards, SplifD.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi everyone.
I really want to build a regulated dual 18650 box mod and originally I wanted it to have a DNA chip, but they are very expensive. Recently I stumbled upon this Wismec Luxotic MF Variable 100w board. Now, I know it is made so that one can change the board in the luxotic mf box, but could I use this board for my purpose instead of a dna chip? It's only 20£, which is a lot more reasonable for me as a student to pay compared to the dna chip.
Kind regards, SplifD.
Hi and welcome back,
If you can replicate the internal connections needed, it might work. Then you just need the enclosure, the 510, the wires, a battery sled and batteries, buttons and a face plate.
If you have built devices before, (and have all the needed tools) it should go smoothly.
If this is your first project, multiply estimated expense by 4X and multiply estimated time by 5X.

IMO, better option for less than a Tenner.
Praxis Decimus 150W TC VV / VW Box Mod - $9.99
Spend the savings on quality, branded batteries from a trusted vendor. (LG, Sony, Samsung) @ NKON | eu.nkon.nl

Cheers
I

SplifD

Apr 10, 2016
Hi and welcome back,
If you can replicate the internal connections needed, it might work. Then you just need the enclosure, the 510, the wires, a battery sled and batteries, buttons and a face plate.
If you have built devices before, (and have all the needed tools) it should go smoothly.
If this is your first project, multiply estimated expense by 4X and multiply estimated time by 5X.

IMO, better option for less than a Tenner.
Praxis Decimus 150W TC VV / VW Box Mod - $9.99
Spend the savings on quality, branded batteries from a trusted vendor. (LG, Sony, Samsung) @ NKON | eu.nkon.nl

Cheers
I

Alright, cheers! Yeah, this is the first time for me so I know time and money that I will use will be greatly increased. I've found the DNA chips a bit cheaper than their own site and since I'm not sure if I can replicate the internal connections like you mentioned for the luxotic board. The mod you linked to is decent, but resistance range isn't low enough. I'd like to be able to build 0.1x on it as well. I think I will go for the dna in the end, it just seems really reliable and I'm a bit of a perfectionist, so I'd like to make it a quality mod on all the parts. I did also find this nifty thing though, what are your thoughts on this?
RusMods - StarPlat 75w

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Alright, cheers! Yeah, this is the first time for me so I know time and money that I will use will be greatly increased. I've found the DNA chips a bit cheaper than their own site and since I'm not sure if I can replicate the internal connections like you mentioned for the luxotic board. The mod you linked to is decent, but resistance range isn't low enough. I'd like to be able to build 0.1x on it as well. I think I will go for the dna in the end, it just seems really reliable and I'm a bit of a perfectionist, so I'd like to make it a quality mod on all the parts. I did also find this nifty thing though, what are your thoughts on this?
RusMods - StarPlat 75w

Sounds like a fun project.
Scope creep can be a harsh mistress.
Have you played with the firmware for the Starplat? Escribe?
Have you played with any device running the Starplat or DNA boards?
Why do you want to build at .1XΩ? What advantages do you hope to realize?

Watch your speed Mr. Jones.

Cheers
I

SplifD

Apr 10, 2016
Sounds like a fun project.
Scope creep can be a harsh mistress.
Have you played with the firmware for the Starplat? Escribe?
Have you played with any device running the Starplat or DNA boards?
Why do you want to build at .1XΩ? What advantages do you hope to realize?

Watch your speed Mr. Jones.

Cheers
I
This is research. Scope creep is only a problem if you start before you know what you're doing. No I haven't used the firmwares. Again, I'm researching. I asked you what you think about the starplat, not if it was a good idea for me to use it. And yes, I've tried a few DNA mods, hence why I considered it in the first place; it seems reliable. And finally, in regards to 0.1x ohm, I probably won't use it, since I'm more of a flavour chaser, but versatility, I believe, is key. Maybe I will sell it at some point, maybe I will make more. Some people like 0.1x builds, so who am I to judge. Now, if it wasn't clear, this is me researching and I won't touch a single chip, 510 or what have you before I know exactly everything about what I want this project to be like, so no need to worry. I won't blow my hand off or anything.

I always keep within the speed limit, sir.

Cheers.

SplifD

Apr 10, 2016
You guys might want to look at this too.
Great for building a DNA200/250 mod, comes with every thing but the board.
HANA MODZ DNA 250 200 75 Do It Yourself ( DIY ) Mod kit Billet 11 colors | eBay

It's a pretty good deal if that is what you're going for, but it's not for me. I'm not a lipo kind of guy and I will be making the box myself, so it's not really worth it. Thank you a lot for sharing it though, someone else might stumble upon it and find it useful ^^

Reactions: dwcraig1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread