Not open for further replies.

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
Haven’t tried those, but I like my hcigar VT Inbox:

FastTech - Gadgets and Electronics

I have the v2 though. The v3 is designed to use a more standard, tube-style bottle. Listed at $99, but comes down to $66.51 with code “MAP”. Uses the Evolve DNA75 chipset.

I use mine with NarDA and Le Concorde clones, also from FT. Both are pretty much loose MTL/restricted DL toppers.

Btw, I don’t think the spare bottles listed will fit the v3. Pretty sure the replacement doors will, though.

Bundy1971

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2015
Cleveland, OH
Haven’t tried those, but I like my hcigar VT Inbox:

FastTech - Gadgets and Electronics

I have the v2 though. The v3 is designed to use a more standard, tube-style bottle. Listed at $99, but comes down to $66.51 with code “MAP”. Uses the Evolve DNA75 chipset.

I use mine with NarDA and Le Concorde clones, also from FT. Both are pretty much loose MTL/restricted DL toppers.

Btw, I don’t think the spare bottles listed will fit the v3. Pretty sure the replacement doors will, though.
Wow. That's a pretty good deal with the discount. I'm a bit hesitant since I've never squonked. How do you like squonking compared to regular RTAs vaping?

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
Wow. That's a pretty good deal with the discount. I'm a bit hesitant since I've never squonked. How do you like squonking compared to regular RTAs vaping?
I only use TC mode these days and have only had the Inbox for a few months. The Inbox carries a lot more liquid than my tanks, but it also burns through more liquid. I like some liquids better squonked and some better in a tank.

I notice that my squonking attys produce more throat hit than my tanks, but that’s probably a function of the builds and the attys themselves - or perhaps just because it produces thicker vapor (i.e. vaporizes more liquid per puff). I tend to run 50/50 VG/PG blends in tanks and higher VG blends (don’t do max VG liquids) in the Inbox, and currently only use regular round SS wire in all my setups. (Yeah, I’m a whimp, but it works for me.)

I like variety in flavors over the course of a day and usually have 2-3 tank setups going alongside the Inbox, but I do reach for the Inbox more often than not.

I’d buy another Inbox if mine was lost or broken and I will probably pick up another TC capable sqonker in the future. Maybe a Therion...

What else can I say? You just gotta try it and see for yourself. I’d wanted to for a long time before I bought the Inbox and I’m not sorry I did. :)

Reactions: Bundy1971

Bundy1971

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2015
Cleveland, OH
I only use TC mode these days and have only had the Inbox for a few months. The Inbox carries a lot more liquid than my tanks, but it also burns through more liquid. I like some liquids better squonked and some better in a tank.

I notice that my squonking attys produce more throat hit than my tanks, but that’s probably a function of the builds and the attys themselves - or perhaps just because it produces thicker vapor (i.e. vaporizes more liquid per puff). I tend to run 50/50 VG/PG blends in tanks and higher VG blends (don’t do max VG liquids) in the Inbox, and currently only use regular round SS wire in all my setups. (Yeah, I’m a whimp, but it works for me.)

I like variety in flavors over the course of a day and usually have 2-3 tank setups going alongside the Inbox, but I do reach for the Inbox more often than not.

I’d buy another Inbox if mine was lost or broken and I will probably pick up another TC capable sqonker in the future. Maybe a Therion...

What else can I say? You just gotta try it and see for yourself. I’d wanted to for a long time before I bought the Inbox and I’m not sorry I did. :)
Great info! Thanks!

I only use TC and build basic, round SS coils too. One thing that has held me back from squonking is the fact that I enjoy the simplicity of my current style. Although, my current style of building and wicking is far less simple than the ego style pens and clearomizers from years ago. Evolution I suppose?!

Reactions: Jumpin' In...

Figs

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2017
Granbury - Texas - USA
Capo is trash, I mean literally, I threw mine in the trash. Just too many issues. Like Jumpin I have an Inboc V2, and am completely satisfied with it. Also have two $16 Pico Squeeze and like them as well. I’m about 90% Squonk now, only have a P80 with a Berserker on it in current use. I’m low watts MTL with some ultra restrictive DL thrown in. All at 12 watts or less and do not do TC. For my MTL I run Speed Revolution clones $8 on Fasttech, and for DL the Dead Rabbit SQ. All are near perfect for me. I will try the Berserker RDA when available, but am not really looking for a change.

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
Capo is trash, I mean literally, I threw mine in the trash. Just too many issues. Like Jumpin I have an Inboc V2, and am completely satisfied with it. Also have two $16 Pico Squeeze and like them as well. I’m about 90% Squonk now, only have a P80 with a Berserker on it in current use. I’m low watts MTL with some ultra restrictive DL thrown in. All at 12 watts or less and do not do TC. For my MTL I run Speed Revolution clones $8 on Fasttech, and for DL the Dead Rabbit SQ. All are near perfect for me. I will try the Berserker RDA when available, but am not really looking for a change.
Can you run low wattage with a Pico Squeeze? I thought it was basically like a mech mod with a wattage (50w?) cap?

You run the Speed Revolution on the Pico Squeeze? If so, what is your build? Just curious. I have a Speed Revolution clone in my FT cart waiting for my next order (rare).

Bundy1971

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2015
Cleveland, OH
Yeah...I've already taken the Capo off my list. I liked the design as it's similar to my Pico 25, but that's about all there is to like about it.

That v3 of the Inbox looks great, and for $65 it may be tough to beat. Only thing giving me pause is the new Pulse 80W with the Gene chip that's about to hit the market. I can get it on pre-sale for $45: [Pre-sell] Vandy Vape Pulse BF Squonk Box Mod with Gene Chip

Figs

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2017
Granbury - Texas - USA
@Jumpin' In... On the Squeeze I run the Speed with a 3id SS430 contact at around 1.2-1.5 ohms. It gives me what I need. I like the Squeeze for its size and simplicity. I tried various builds till I found my sweet spot. With 1 ohm plus builds the battery life is good as well. It’s a perfect pocket setup. It is tiny!

If you get the Speed Revolution remember the center post on the deck can be moved. I put mine on one side next to the fixed one. Plenty of room to build a large wire coil. Easy to wick. When I put the cap on I put the single hole (no airflow adjustment, it is what it is) close to the coil. Some bore out the air hole as they find it too restrictive, but it’s perfect for me.

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
I'll say again don't get the capo.
Fuchai squonk is decent but only holds like 3ml in that tiny bottle so I never use it.
Now on the other hand I love my rsq.
Don't use tc much so can't say how it is but hear it's decent. Didn't think I'd like the led but found I don't mind it as it makes it easier to see the juice level. Bought mine on sale locally.
20180226_151107.jpg

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
@Jumpin' In... On the Squeeze I run the Speed with a 3id SS430 contact at around 1.2-1.5 ohms. It gives me what I need. I like the Squeeze for its size and simplicity. I tried various builds till I found my sweet spot. With 1 ohm plus builds the battery life is good as well. It’s a perfect pocket setup. It is tiny!

If you get the Speed Revolution remember the center post on the deck can be moved. I put mine on one side next to the fixed one. Plenty of room to build a large wire coil. Easy to wick. When I put the cap on I put the single hole (no airflow adjustment, it is what it is) close to the coil. Some bore out the air hole as they find it too restrictive, but it’s perfect for me.
Cool. Thanks for the info!

I was going over some of the YFTK Speed Revolution reviews on FT earlier today and I kept seeing “tobacco” and more “tobacco”. Do you only use it for tobacco-flavored liquids? In your opinion, is there a better squonk atty for other flavors (e.g. fruits, desserts, teas, coffee)?

Figs

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2017
Granbury - Texas - USA
@Bundy1971 sounds good! I don’t know your vape style, but if you art MTL the Dead Rabbit SQ will disappoint you. The market it as being DL or MTL but it is terrible at MTL. I have one and only use it as a restricted DL. If you are DL you will probably like it. I have the blacked out one and it looks good on my black Squeeze.

Reactions: Bundy1971

Figs

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2017
Granbury - Texas - USA
@Jumpin' In... The only good MTL RDAs I’ve got that really work for me are the Speed Revolution and the Origin Little. The Little give the best flavor ever. But, it is 16mm and I find the deck tedious to buil on. And it gets hot fast. The Speeds work for me on any flavors, but I would say it is weakest on straight fruits. I have a strawberry cream that is wonderful on it, but a straight orange and a grape that bites to much for my taste. Tobaccos and any “creamy” flavor really shine.

If you chain vape the Speeds will get hot, but not as fast as the Little. I found it interesting that VV chose 18 mm for the new Berserker RDA, just like the Speed Revolution. I think they were wise to do so.

Bundy1971

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2015
Cleveland, OH
@Bundy1971 sounds good! I don’t know your vape style, but if you art MTL the Dead Rabbit SQ will disappoint you. The market it as being DL or MTL but it is terrible at MTL. I have one and only use it as a restricted DL. If you are DL you will probably like it. I have the blacked out one and it looks good on my black Squeeze.
I'm DL so the airflow should be good for me. I also went with the blacked out version. Now I just have to wait to see if the random resin of the Pulse matches the random resin drip tip!

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
I'll say again don't get the capo.
Fuchai squonk is decent but only holds like 3ml in that tiny bottle so I never use it.
Now on the other hand I love my rsq.
Don't use tc much so can't say how it is but hear it's decent. Didn't think I'd like the led but found I don't mind it as it makes it easier to see the juice level. Bought mine on sale locally.
View attachment 727381
fuchai hit hard but TC is abit poor ...... compare Fuchai and RSQ i think rsq won by size, waterproof chips ......
now i can't decide :
RSQ.
VT inbox
Pulse 80w (coming soon)

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Not a fan of the pricing on the Pulse. I'm sure I'm in the minority.
I don't think you're in the minority. The Pulse was supposed to be an 'affordable' Gene chip squonker. Considering it runs a good bit more than the VooPoo Drag, I think VV failed as far as that goes.

I'm sure it will be a good mod, I am a Gene chip fan, so I'm willing to pay for it still. However, for that kind of $$$, it better be a GREAT mod.

Reactions: jfcooley

jfcooley

I find your lack of faith disturbing...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2017
Charlottesville, Virginia
I don't think you're in the minority. The Pulse was supposed to be an 'affordable' Gene chip squonker. Considering it runs a good bit more than the VooPoo Drag, I think VV failed as far as that goes.

I'm sure it will be a good mod, I am a Gene chip fan, so I'm willing to pay for it still. However, for that kind of $$$, it better be a GREAT mod.
Good luck with it. Decided I'd pass until it's older, if then.

Have a Therion and several mechs, will keep me happy.

Reactions: score69
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread