Wismec RX GEN3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Costin.P

Nov 27, 2017
Hello guys ,
Im using an RX Gen3 with an rta troll and im getting No atomizer found error , but not every time when i press fire. I can take couple of puffs and than bang. As i see seems to read the coil with a little delay.
I changed 3 different coils (3 mm and 3.5 mm) 510 conector and positive pin , cleaned (they were clean anyway) Changed with arcticfox frimware , but same thing. This is my first mod , i got it on septembre , after 2 weeks of use started to do like that but just 2 day's after that , it was fine without doing nothing. Now since 4 day's suddenly started again. Someone know any way to fix this , please ?
Kind regards ,
LE: sorry for my bad english !

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
It sounds to me like you might have a connection issue with the tank. Could try cleaning and lifting your mod's pin,, as well as seeing if it's possible to lengthen by loosening the tank's 510 connection, you should see a place where you can insert a screwdriver, untwist it a few times and it may make better contact with your mod. If you've tried all that, I'm out of ideas, but good luck. Might take it to a B&M if there is one near you with knowledgeable employees, or if all else fails if the mod's under warranty, you could return it. If you have a different tank to try, that would help identify if it's the tank or mod, though....

Good luck,

Anna

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Definitely a connection issue. The two most likely places to look are where the coil is screwed into the base and where the tank screws into the mod.

If you have or have access to another device, try it on that. If that mod doesn't recognize the tank then...

Try removing the coil and reattaching it. Screw it in firmly with fingers only.

Try attaching the base only (with coil) to the device. Again finger tight only.

Last edited:

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
The RX mods have a problem with the 510 connector sometimes. I have three (4?) of the RX 200s and all of them do it with some toppers and not at all with others. The actual issue is the 510 threads on the atty are too long. The website says threads exceeding 4mm depress the connector too far and it will not connect. You can remove and replace the topper and this usually fixes it until it happens again. I probably don't have to tell you that gets old in a hurry. It is also possible to replace the mod's 510 with a quality parts from Fat Daddy or somebody. Or you can buy a new atty with shorter threads. Or you can get mad and throw it through the TV screen and pick up a new mod while you're out shopping for a TV. Or something like that :)

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
The RX mods have a problem with the 510 connector sometimes. I have three (4?) of the RX 200s and all of them do it with some toppers and not at all with others. The actual issue is the 510 threads on the atty are too long. The website says threads exceeding 4mm depress the connector too far and it will not connect. You can remove and replace the topper and this usually fixes it until it happens again. I probably don't have to tell you that gets old in a hurry. It is also possible to replace the mod's 510 with a quality parts from Fat Daddy or somebody. Or you can buy a new atty with shorter threads. Or you can get mad and throw it through the TV screen and pick up a new mod while you're out shopping for a TV. Or something like that :)
The 510 on the gen3 is totally redesigned though. The depth and travel of the pin are supposedly great so the problems some have had with previous versions should be gone. The 510 is grounded through the case rather than with a lead so that might be a negative for some.

Sent from my Thor E using Tapatalk

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hello guys ,
Im using an RX Gen3 with an RTA troll and im getting No atomizer found error , but not every time when i press fire. I can take couple of puffs and than bang. As i see seems to read the coil with a little delay.
I changed 3 different coils (3 mm and 3.5 mm) 510 conector and positive pin , cleaned (they were clean anyway) Changed with arcticfox frimware , but same thing. This is my first mod , i got it on septembre , after 2 weeks of use started to do like that but just 2 day's after that , it was fine without doing nothing. Now since 4 day's suddenly started again. Someone know any way to fix this , please ?
Kind regards ,
LE: sorry for my bad english !
Welcome and glad you joined.
After having the same type of problem, so many possible reasons could cause it (see above), This works for me most of the time, try :
simply unscrew your RDA positive pin a quarter to a half turn clockwise to loosen. Try vaping, and if this does not work, then make or buy a new RDA center pin head insulated washer. Your "under the pin" head insulated washer is probably crushed (shortening out) and needs replacement.

Reactions: stols001

Allutwo

Nov 26, 2017
Romania
Dont know if it mkes any difference but is the troll RTA. I took the pin out today , and noticed almost half of the pin was dark (like it was burn ) i washed and cleaned out, but no difference. I search for someone who could give me a atomizer for 1 day to check if it does the same..... But i suspect its the mod...

Yep, either try the tank with another mod to see if it works or try the mod with another tank to see if it works, you should be able to determine which one is faulty/defective. My guess would be that the problem is the tank, since most regulated mods nowadays have tons of protection against shorting and stuff like that... but you never know.

Costin.P

Nov 27, 2017
Yep, either try the tank with another mod to see if it works or try the mod with another tank to see if it works, you should be able to determine which one is faulty/defective. My guess would be that the problem is the tank, since most regulated mods nowadays have tons of protection against shorting and stuff like that... but you never know.

Unfortunately for me , the mod is faulty. I got a different atty for test today , and same problem. Wrote a ticket to GB for exchange , but i think the shippment from Romania back to China gonna cost me half+ of the mod price so it would be nonsense.

• Optimistic

Costin.P

Nov 27, 2017
After decades , i think i finally found the PROBLEMS. Maybe it will help someone else.
1. If you fell the battery door and the place atound the display is getting hot , its an imperfect contact to battery door. Open the door , and you will see 2 golden screws , tightem up carefully. If your ohm jumping and gettin the atomizer not found error , remove the batteryes and take something that you can press from inside to the top of mod ( dont use a sharp tool ). The 510 connector is in a plastic cage , and it moves a little after a while.
here's a video to see how gen3 looks like , dissasembled. Hope this will help you guys !

After decades , i think i finally found the PROBLEMS. Maybe it will help someone else.
1. If you fell the battery door and the place atound the display is getting hot , its an imperfect contact to battery door. Open the door , and you will see 2 golden screws , tightem up carefully. If your ohm jumping and gettin the atomizer not found error , remove the batteryes and take something that you can press from inside to the top of mod ( dont use a sharp tool ). The 510 co
nnector is in a plastic cage , and it moves a little after a while.
here's a video to see how gen3 looks like , dissasembled. Hope this will help you guys !

Thank you Costin.P !!!!
Ever since I read your post and tighten down the 2 gold screws NO more "Atomizer Not Found" error message !!!
Thank you again for posting the solution to the problem that was driving me crazy!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread