Wismec rx2 21700 problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acies

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2015
USA
I've had the Wismec rx2 21700 for a few months now with no issues. Last night I started getting a low atomizer/weak battery message. I changed my batteries and the problem seemed to be fixed. But I have noticed that the device is misreading the ohms of the coils by about one ohm on both my smok and Crown tanks. This has never happened before last night. Any ideas as to what is causing the problem and any suggestions on how to fix it?

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Sounds to me like something was going screwy in your board (and maybe was all along, IDK). Did you try the old batteries in any other mod? Maybe you've got some low level drag from the board where it's telling you okay-ish batteries are "too old" and now that you've got some brand new ones everything is going UP

but that is pure speculation on my part and if it's warrantyable I might do that, or at the very least take it to a vape store if there is an at all competent one near you to have them test some things and whatnot, I mean you don't want to vape on a slowly going bad board because once ONE thing happens it can be Just a Matter of time before like, it ALL goes wrong. But you mentioned a Smok mod so test the batteries in that and like, see what happens.. If Smok is telling you the batteries are fine and the other mod is doing strange little creepy things, well I would retire that mod and etc.

Good luck,

Anna

Reactions: flavourchaser

Acies

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2015
USA
I meant to say 1/10 0f an ohm. 0.4 coils are reading at 0.5 and so on. I think it may be a board, connection, or battery problem. I'm leaning towards a board problem because it just started out of nowhere. I am going to buy some new batteries and take the device apart to check the connections.I am currently using Sony batteries and they are about a year old. Can't remember the specs. But I am sure they are right for what I am using. I usually vape between 46 and 48 watts.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
I meant to say 1/10 0f an ohm. 0.4 coils are reading at 0.5 and so on. I think it may be a board, connection, or battery problem. I'm leaning towards a board problem because it just started out of nowhere. I am going to buy some new batteries and take the device apart to check the connections.I am currently using Sony batteries and they are about a year old. Can't remember the specs. But I am sure they are right for what I am using. I usually vape between 46 and 48 watts.
Don't forget to clean up the 510, dirty 510 pin will cause the mod to read ohms wrong. If your taking it apart, make sure the 510 is not loose too, that can cause all sorts of issues.

Acies

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2015
USA
Sorry for the not posting sooner. So, this is everything that happened. I dropped the mod and the ohms almost went back to normal. I was pretty sure it was some sort of connection issue in the mod. I found a bit that would fit the screws and screw holes. I was able to remove all of the screws except one because my drill was too bulky to get a straight angle on the screw below the 510 pin. So I just put the screws back in. Made sure they was tight and planned on buying a small screw driver but never did. After I had used both packs of coils and opened new packs I noticed the ohms are reading correctly now. Anywhere from two onehundredths below to two onehunderdths above what the coils is supposed to be. So I am assuming that I either had 2 packs of coils that were faulty, or tightening the screws may have squeezed something together that was loose. At any rate the mod is reading ohms correctly now. Thanks guys and gals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread