Wizard Labs Warning: Typing wizardlabs.com instead of wizardlabs.us can put your computer at risk

Status
Not open for further replies.

catlady60

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Nazareth, PA
I accidentally typed wizardlabs. com instead of wizardlabs.us by mistake. I guess I forgot the actual URL because I didn't bother to bookmark the page.

When I typed wizardlabs . com, the browser redirected me to some strange malware site that showed up a dialog which read something like "Your browser is in need of updates. Click OK to update." Needless to say, I closed the page instead of "updating" (read: allow malware to be installed on) my computer.

I just got to Wizard Labs not prob, site is working fine. I think you may have had your browser hijacked, its happened to me before, total PITA! Do you only get redirected when you try to go to Wizard Labs or does it happen with google searches to? If you did get hijacked then get that .... cleaned ASAP & DON'T use your credit card, paypal or log into your bank account. Once you clean the infection install a program like Browser Protect, prevents your browser from being hijacked, been using it for a while & never had a problem: (Browser Hijack Protection for free - BrowserProtect.org)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread