Status
Not open for further replies.

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
In the land of no hills and red dirt
My tastes (if not my knowledge) in vaping have been steadily progressing towards premium mods. After a little bit of deliberation, I decided to take advantage of an offer to buy a limited edition titanium e-cigarette mod from mark bugs in Romania, the Wizard.

The Wizard is an incredibly small and light 18650 battery mod with a native 510 connection and a touch sensor switch (similar to that of the earlier Precious mod from Romania). It’s a limited edition version made out of titanium, with roughly 23 or so being sold worldwide. I’ve got number 11.

Titanium is a jewelry grade material that’s incredibly strong and light, it’s often used as armor in multi million dollar military aircraft, such as the A-10 tank killer being flown by the US Air Force. It’s also incredibly expensive.

What does this mean? The mod is incredibly strong, light and expensive! It’s also described as the smallest and lightest 18650 battery tube mod ever made. It’s also incredibly difficult to shape and manufacture, and Mark78 himself said that he has no plans or desire to make another run of these mods. Assuming that he doesn’t change his mind, the original list price of $372.54 (including overseas shipping and three year limited warranty) is irrelevant, since the mod has sold out.

It DOES beg the question why I, or anyone else, would pay out this sort of money for a tube mod, I know. But there’s a few reasons why I decided to pull the trigger on it:

[*] I’m tremendously impressed by the Mark T Infinity Rebuildable atomiser. Favorite rebuildable so far, and the design, build, durability and ascetics makes it a keeper for me. I believe the people involved also played a part in either designing or making the Precious mod from Romania, another perennial vaping favorite. In my book, mark bugs has a proven track record of delivering their promises.

[*] Size, design, shape and materials. Titanium has a lot going for it, as I’ve explained above. This thing makes a Precise Plus 18650 look like a giant. And it is so frakkin’ light! It would feel heavier if it were made out of plastic. It seriously feels like it was made out of pixie dust or something. Titanium should not oxidize (though a little noalox is recommended for the cap threads since titanium is a very ‘dry’ metal) and a couple of people have reported that there is virtually no loss of current from the battery to the heating element of your choice in the mod. Other users have reported significant longer vape times with the Wizard than other premium tubes, in the neighborhood of twice the battery life. This promises to be the featherweight mod that packs a heavyweight punch.

[*] Warranty. Three year limited warranty covering most aspects of the mod excluding misuse or abuse. One fellow reported a defect where a speck of loose titanium got caught in the protective ring around the sensor and made a scratch in an area that’s normally covered by the ring. The mark bugs team is reported to have asked for the item to be returned for immediate refurbishment and repair under the warranty.

[*] Exclusivity. These are reported to be a limited run of numbered mods made with this design and materials, period. As such, assuming they perform at least as well as conventional battery tube mods, they are almost guaranteed to be instant collector’s items. If you run into a person with a Wizard, take your time and look it over if they’ll let you, you’re almost guaranteed not to ever see another in the wild.

This is my first day with the Wizard, and my initial impressions of it are very good. It’s incredibly light, attractive and well designed. It’s a little different than other mods in that the battery has to go positive side DOWN into the tube rather than up, and the Evolv kick won’t work with it.

And I’m getting incredibly used to the touch sensor...which is saying quite a bit coming from a ‘give me mechanical or give me death!’ kind of guy. I’ll check back in and report how it’s going before I try to answer any definite questions such as ‘bragging rights aside, is it worth it’ and the like. Mods are like girlfriends, you can only really get to know them after you’ve lived with them for a bit.

In the meanwhile, I’ll include a picture of number eleven with a satin mark t infinity atomizer and a standard configuration satin VPX cartomator. And yes, that’s a satin Super T drip tip on the Mark T. (I’ll fight the urge to make a ‘mods in light satin’ joke.)

Photo on 4-25-12 at 11.06 AM.jpg Photo on 4-25-12 at 3.46 PM.jpg IMG_0187.jpg IMG_0188.jpg

Last edited:

vaptamist

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2011
FL
Glad yours showed up, and boooo for taking #11. Great write up - I've found as I've gotten more accustomed to the touch sensor, the more and more I enjoy this mod. Not having the tactile feel of physically pushing a button, and just resting your finger naturally on the sensor gives it an almost automatic switch feel, or a real cigarette feel. I guess it makes sense - one of the most sought after features on a mod is a good button/switch feel, so it adds quite a bit to the overall experience. Couple that with how insanely light it is, and how small it is, you almost don't feel like you're vaping a "big battery mod".

I was disappointed that it wouldn't work with the Kick at first, but get a good LR coil on a rebuildable or use a nice LR atomizer or a LR Boge carto and it really don't get a whole lot better than that. I have noticed that the battery life seems to be pretty solid with it... Just anecdotal, but I've been using the same 2600 mah AW ICR battery in it since I got the mod Saturday afternoon and it just hit 3.8 volts. To be fair, I'm not taking it to work, so I'm not vaping it all day, but it is the main mod I've been using while I've been home.

Last edited:

k3v1n

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2011
London, England.
I agree with Clyde, Vaptamist and Roxette, there is something real special about this mod, the button on this thing is beyond words, it just has to be experianced.

Since receiving mine I have noticed less battery changes and great hits with a LR.

Currently using a 2ohm Boge Carto in a VPX tank and an HH.357, just awesome.

I will be trying LR rebuildables in the next few days and I'm sure they will be just as satisfiyng, if not better.

Mark & Bugs have created a real winner here, love mine.

Last edited:

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
Funny thing is I noticed how the rotating ring does as good of a job guiding your fingers to the sensor when it's open as it does keeping them off of it when it's closed. My index finger goes to the sensor automatically and instinctively. It explains why this is also the switch mod that acts like its an automatic.

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
Wow, I can't believe the guy from Poland is offering 500 quid (800 USD) for one on the Wizard thread. Instant collector's item, indeed!

Thanks to everyone for their kind words on my quickie first review on this.

And maybe it's just my imagination, but it seems every atty and carto I have seems to hit magically harder with the same batteries. Is anyone else experiencing this, or is it just me?

Last edited:

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
And I'm LOVING that battery life on this thing! Drove 200 miles yesterday to tend to my mother, and pay my respects to my Dad, vaped like a research monkey all day, still only used one IMR battery!

Wizard plus full VPX satin cartomator tank with boge 2.0 ohm carto equals all day vaping. Honestly, I think I'm quit going to carry my vape pouch with this.

JollyRogers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2009
Virginia
I have an original Precious and it always hit light a freight train with its touch switch, it is totally tiny for an 18650 mod. It has its detractors, but I have kept the mod (mostly for sentimental and because it is the smallest 18650 mod I have ever seen or used). I did sell the Lv2 I had, though I wish I had kept it. I wanted to get one of these badly, but resisted temptation due to $$$. It looks like Mark took it to the next level and I knew how well it was going to perform. Great initial review Clyde and congrats on getting one. Great combo with Mark's rebuildable!!!

Blueaussie

Sep 10, 2009
My tastes (if not my knowledge) in vaping have been steadily progressing towards premium mods. After a little bit of deliberation, I decided to take advantage of an offer to buy a limited edition titanium e-cigarette mod from mark bugs in Romania, the Wizard.

The Wizard is an incredibly small and light 18650 battery mod with a native 510 connection and a touch sensor switch (similar to that of the earlier Precious mod from Romania). It’s a limited edition version made out of titanium, with roughly 23 or so being sold worldwide. I’ve got number 11.

Titanium is a jewelry grade material that’s incredibly strong and light, it’s often used as armor in multi million dollar military aircraft, such as the A-10 tank killer being flown by the US Air Force. It’s also incredibly expensive.

What does this mean? The mod is incredibly strong, light and expensive! It’s also described as the smallest and lightest 18650 battery tube mod ever made. It’s also incredibly difficult to shape and manufacture, and Mark78 himself said that he has no plans or desire to make another run of these mods. Assuming that he doesn’t change his mind, the original list price of $372.54 (including overseas shipping and three year limited warranty) is irrelevant, since the mod has sold out.

It DOES beg the question why I, or anyone else, would pay out this sort of money for a tube mod, I know. But there’s a few reasons why I decided to pull the trigger on it:

[*] I’m tremendously impressed by the Mark T Infinity Rebuildable atomiser. Favorite rebuildable so far, and the design, build, durability and ascetics makes it a keeper for me. I believe the people involved also played a part in either designing or making the Precious mod from Romania, another perennial vaping favorite. In my book, mark bugs has a proven track record of delivering their promises.

[*] Size, design, shape and materials. Titanium has a lot going for it, as I’ve explained above. This thing makes a Precise Plus 18650 look like a giant. And it is so frakkin’ light! It would feel heavier if it were made out of plastic. It seriously feels like it was made out of pixie dust or something. Titanium should not oxidize (though a little noalox is recommended for the cap threads since titanium is a very ‘dry’ metal) and a couple of people have reported that there is virtually no loss of current from the battery to the heating element of your choice in the mod. Other users have reported significant longer vape times with the Wizard than other premium tubes, in the neighborhood of twice the battery life. This promises to be the featherweight mod that packs a heavyweight punch.

[*] Warranty. Three year limited warranty covering most aspects of the mod excluding misuse or abuse. One fellow reported a defect where a speck of loose titanium got caught in the protective ring around the sensor and made a scratch in an area that’s normally covered by the ring. The mark bugs team is reported to have asked for the item to be returned for immediate refurbishment and repair under the warranty.

[*] Exclusivity. These are reported to be a limited run of numbered mods made with this design and materials, period. As such, assuming they perform at least as well as conventional battery tube mods, they are almost guaranteed to be instant collector’s items. If you run into a person with a Wizard, take your time and look it over if they’ll let you, you’re almost guaranteed not to ever see another in the wild.

This is my first day with the Wizard, and my initial impressions of it are very good. It’s incredibly light, attractive and well designed. It’s a little different than other mods in that the battery has to go positive side DOWN into the tube rather than up, and the Evolv kick won’t work with it.

And I’m getting incredibly used to the touch sensor...which is saying quite a bit coming from a ‘give me mechanical or give me death!’ kind of guy. I’ll check back in and report how it’s going before I try to answer any definite questions such as ‘bragging rights aside, is it worth it’ and the like. Mods are like girlfriends, you can only really get to know them after you’ve lived with them for a bit.

In the meanwhile, I’ll include a picture of number eleven with a satin mark t infinity atomizer and a standard configuration satin VPX cartomator. And yes, that’s a satin Super T drip tip on the Mark T. (I’ll fight the urge to make a ‘mods in light satin’ joke.)

Do you know if any of these are available for sale.:confused:

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
You can always pm mark78 and ask, but I believe they're all spoken for. Despite it being a really low key release, they wen't pretty quickly (considering it may have been the most expensive PV ever sold).

Others have appeared on mark78's wizard thread on this forum and have offered roughly 700-820 USD to buy one from existing owners. To the best of my knowledge, I don't think anyone accepted the offers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread