Status
Not open for further replies.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Has anyone figured out what to do with their older woodvils that need some rehab? I currently have 5 that are unusable and in need of some form of repair. Are these just paperweights now??? Much disappoint.
There has been quite a few questions on here lately (and in emails to me) about what type of repairs we can do these days. So, I thought I would just post this out there for everyone as a reference.

Spa Treatment is basically replacing everything in a mod that ever needs replacing. We remove and replace the positive contact, the button, the spring, and the bottle, cap, and tube. While here, we also check to make sure the delrin insert is holding up well, along with all of the associated screws used in the assembly. The mod is cleaned to remove minor juice residue and reassembled and tested for functionality. Price for this service is $35 + return shipping.

510 Assembly Replacement is a great way to update an older mod with the newer adjustable stainless steel 510 assembly. The older mods were built with a brass 510 assembly that was not really adjustable, so there were often leaks and poor connections with the atomizers. To replace the older 510's, we drill out the old 510, clean the opening and press fit in the new 510. Price for this service is $25 + return shipping.

LP Conversion involves us milling down the well area on a standard profile mod to make the well shallower, allowing for a wider variety of atomizers to work with the mod. The milling process ends up removing the paint and approximately 2.75mm of height on the well, leaving the top of the well a "shiny" aluminum finish. Price for this service is $20 + return shipping.

Woodvils: For 2015 Woodvils, we can do the Spa treatment. On older Woodvils, I am happy to look at them, but there is limited work that I can comfortably do on them. I can't convert them to LP or flat tops, nor can I replace the buttons, 510 assemblies or wiring on the older Woodvils. There's just too great of a chance of me messing up or breaking the mod. And that would make us both very sad.

For all repair work, just send the mod (without the juice bottle, cap and tube) to us at the new shop address:

ReosMods
Attn: Repairs (Eric)
216 E. Collins Road
Fort Wayne, IN 46825

Please include a note indicating what problem(s) you are having and what you would like done to your mod, along with a return address, phone number, and email. We will take a look at the mod, prepare a PayPal invoice and get your mod fixed asap.

I hope this info helps!

Eric

This is what Eric said way back on 8/25/17... He has had a 2015 Woodville of mine for a while now and there have been several setbacks. It is what it is, I hold no ill feelings or mal intent here. Rob walked away from the game, and these were his creations. Eric was kind enough to take a look at my mod and see what he could do, I was and am appreciative that he took that effort. But that being said, you are probably sitting on some paperweights unless you can find an artisan who could retrofit your mods...it might be a good gig for someone who is handy at fabrication and machining, soldering etc... Good luck.

• Agree
Reactions: Robinowitz

Miarose

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2013
West Chester, PA
I mean not working on the wiring is a HUGE issue, especially as one of my woodvils is an original, so far predates 2015...

@ENAUD Exactly. That's the last I've seen as well.

It's quite sad to be sitting on 5 useless woodvils. But unable to do new buttons, 510 assemblies, or wiring, means there is nothing they current REOS mods owner can do to woodvils LOL. So back to much disappoint.

I wonder if PDIB is still around? Since his mods were the closest to reos that I have seen.

• Agree
Reactions: ENAUD

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
I mean not working on the wiring is a HUGE issue, especially as one of my woodvils is an original, so far predates 2015...

@ENAUD Exactly. That's the last I've seen as well.

It's quite sad to be sitting on 5 useless woodvils. But unable to do new buttons, 510 assemblies, or wiring, means there is nothing they current REOS mods owner can do to woodvils LOL. So back to much disappoint.

I wonder if PDIB is still around? Since his mods were the closest to reos that I have seen.
The plus side is you had the use of them while they were working, and they helped you get to where you are today. There are so many choices today, at least for now, that there is a world of viable options in mods and atties, from bare bones inexpensive stuff, up to first rate products like the billet box or the Dicodes mods...and a whole bunch in between, such did not exist when the REOs mods were at the top of the game, times have changed, a lot! Drop in coil systems are worlds better than when the Old days of carto's or early clearomizers. Vaping moved on, some companies didn't , Rob even said it himself: Closing the forum [no longer applicable]

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
Curious what are the various issues with the five woodvils? Based on the problem maybe some solutions could come from here. Plenty of handy individuals. I've helped other's repair issues in the past.
Pics! Always love seeing these beauties.

Yeah +5! Post away.. let's see how easy these will be to fix.

Miarose

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2013
West Chester, PA
Well if he can build new ones, it is assumed he can fix old ones. I have zero interest in buying another one while I have useless ones in a drawer. So hopefully when things calm down for him, he will let us know about spa care for woody's.

And I mean sure, soldering sounds easy, but not to me LOL

Miarose

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2013
West Chester, PA
Imgur

Pics of my sad woods

First as you can see, poor spring..
2, 3 and 4, just simply stopped working. I can only assume is wiring, it was not the atty.
5 is a bitttt haggard, and has a crack by the well. best guess, despite gluing the crack, the entire 510 can slightly move, and either needs to be replaced or the woodvil is dead due to the crack (no i didn't do it. I had it for years with the crack).

1(cocobolo) and 2(ebony) are my FAVORITES. 4 is special as I believe it is an original first run. It is much smaller than my other woodys.

Last edited:

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
Without knowing guessing the issue is prob the button on all of them or switch. How those are attached? No idea. Epoxy? Button held in with just a nut?

If these switches and buttons still out there to buy somewhere? Prob can get a different reliable button.

New woody's are prob mechanical like the last one. No switch or electric button to go bad.

Cracks can be glued but maybe use that one to test getting off the button and switch.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread