The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Wood Reos?

Discussion in 'Reos Mods' started by Miarose, Dec 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Miarose

Miarose Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 27, 2013
    West Chester, PA
    Has anyone figured out what to do with their older woodvils that need some rehab? I currently have 5 that are unusable and in need of some form of repair. Are these just paperweights now??? Much disappoint.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Robinowitz

Robinowitz Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 27, 2013
    No. Cal.
    I haven’t heard of any but hope you get an answer. So far my woodville is still a-ok but I don’t use it daily. Fingers crossed for you.

3. mackman

mackman Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2013
    NorCal
  4. SteamStack

SteamStack Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 7, 2014
    Macomb, MI, USA
    Never tried to contact reosmods and see if Eric can fix them or if he can ask rob if he's willing to repair them? I mean eric has kinda hinted to making another run of of woodvils.

5. ENAUD

ENAUD falling, falling, down the rabbit hole... Verified Member ECF Veteran

This is what Eric said way back on 8/25/17... He has had a 2015 Woodville of mine for a while now and there have been several setbacks. It is what it is, I hold no ill feelings or mal intent here. Rob walked away from the game, and these were his creations. Eric was kind enough to take a look at my mod and see what he could do, I was and am appreciative that he took that effort. But that being said, you are probably sitting on some paperweights unless you can find an artisan who could retrofit your mods...it might be a good gig for someone who is handy at fabrication and machining, soldering etc... Good luck.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Miarose

Jul 27, 2013
    West Chester, PA
    I mean not working on the wiring is a HUGE issue, especially as one of my woodvils is an original, so far predates 2015...

@ENAUD Exactly. That's the last I've seen as well.

It's quite sad to be sitting on 5 useless woodvils. But unable to do new buttons, 510 assemblies, or wiring, means there is nothing they current REOS mods owner can do to woodvils LOL. So back to much disappoint.

I wonder if PDIB is still around? Since his mods were the closest to reos that I have seen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. ENAUD

ENAUD falling, falling, down the rabbit hole... Verified Member ECF Veteran

The plus side is you had the use of them while they were working, and they helped you get to where you are today. There are so many choices today, at least for now, that there is a world of viable options in mods and atties, from bare bones inexpensive stuff, up to first rate products like the billet box or the Dicodes mods...and a whole bunch in between, such did not exist when the REOs mods were at the top of the game, times have changed, a lot! Drop in coil systems are worlds better than when the Old days of carto's or early clearomizers. Vaping moved on, some companies didn't , Rob even said it himself: Closing the forum [no longer applicable]

8. element77

element77 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 2, 2012
    Atl, Ga
    Curious what are the various issues with the five woodvils? Based on the problem maybe some solutions could come from here. Plenty of handy individuals. I've helped other's repair issues in the past.
    Pics! Always love seeing these beauties.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. SteamStack

Aug 7, 2014
    Macomb, MI, USA
    Yeah +5! Post away.. let's see how easy these will be to fix.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Miarose

Jul 27, 2013
    West Chester, PA
    They're packed in a drawer somewhere :(
    Most of the issues are wiring I believe.
    One needs the spring resoldered.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  11. element77

element77 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 2, 2012
    Atl, Ga
    Soldering the spring= easy fix
    Dig em up you just might be able to get em running. Have no fear the REO forum is here.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Robinowitz

Supporting member
    May 27, 2013
    No. Cal.
    And THIS is why I stay here!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Robinowitz

Supporting member
    May 27, 2013
    No. Cal.
    Also, if you haven’t checked out the “new” thread lately, might be a good idea.

14. Miarose

Jul 27, 2013
    West Chester, PA
    Well if he can build new ones, it is assumed he can fix old ones. I have zero interest in buying another one while I have useless ones in a drawer. So hopefully when things calm down for him, he will let us know about spa care for woody's.

And I mean sure, soldering sounds easy, but not to me LOL

• Like Like x 1
  15. Miarose

Jul 27, 2013
    West Chester, PA
    Imgur

Pics of my sad woods

First as you can see, poor spring..
    2, 3 and 4, just simply stopped working. I can only assume is wiring, it was not the atty.
    5 is a bitttt haggard, and has a crack by the well. best guess, despite gluing the crack, the entire 510 can slightly move, and either needs to be replaced or the woodvil is dead due to the crack (no i didn't do it. I had it for years with the crack).

1(cocobolo) and 2(ebony) are my FAVORITES. 4 is special as I believe it is an original first run. It is much smaller than my other woodys.

• Like Like x 1
  16. SteamStack

Aug 7, 2014
    Macomb, MI, USA
    Without knowing guessing the issue is prob the button on all of them or switch. How those are attached? No idea. Epoxy? Button held in with just a nut?

If these switches and buttons still out there to buy somewhere? Prob can get a different reliable button.

New woody's are prob mechanical like the last one. No switch or electric button to go bad.

Cracks can be glued but maybe use that one to test getting off the button and switch.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Miarose

Jul 27, 2013
    West Chester, PA
    Yah i have no idea, and no clue how to mess with buttons. I'm not keen on ripping apart my woodvils lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.