Status
Not open for further replies.

Shining Wit

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2008
North of England UK
www.flavourart.co.uk
The long awaited ban has finally arrived and Atomizers are no longer to be a part of the electronic cigarette vocabulary. It was bad enough that the word was so often spelled with a 'z' instead of an 's' but the main reason for the ban is that it is scientifically wrong to call the device that heats up liquid an A******r.
When a liquid is atomised, it is broken down into tiny particles that form a fine spray which might be unpleasant to inhale in that state.
When a liquid is vaporised it undergoes a spontaneous change from its liquid form to a gaseous one which makes it easy to inhale. It then condensates back to tiny liquid droplets which is what makes it visible - the gaseous vapour is invisible until it condensates. The vapour appears to maintain its integrity until it is being exhaled but there is no definite line between liquid and gas. There is a point in between called the Knudsen Layer which is probably (not certainly) the state the mixture is in when it is leaving our lungs. This is just one area of research that I am following up in order to determine what really happens when we vape.
The A******r is dead, long live the Vaporiser!!;)
John

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
Saying I need 510 anything sounds wrong to me. Largely because I gave all my 510 stuff away.

Long live the Intellivee. EVO forever.

Hehe... I thought this was a campaign sub-forum or General... didn't realize it was a suppliers sub until after posting.... my bad

Sooo Long live the Intellivee. EVO forthemostpart if that's your thing

Sludge Van Diesel

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2009
Barnet UK
Hehe... I thought this was a campaign sub-forum or General... didn't realize it was a suppliers sub until after posting.... my bad

Sooo Long live the Intellivee. EVO forthemostpart if that's your thing
I wouldn't imagine John would worry too much about it. He's not worried about the competition.

Shining Wit

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2008
North of England UK
www.flavourart.co.uk
I wouldn't imagine John would worry too much about it. He's not worried about the competition.

I'm just besotted with the one I love!:rolleyes:

shining-wit-albums-evo-picture3814-black.jpg

Shining Wit

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2008
North of England UK
www.flavourart.co.uk
BUT.... per the Hon Lik design... the metal mesh of the "unit", in conjunction with the aerodynamically situated holes around the ceramic coil pot, is supposed to atomize (spell checker says that you have to use the "z") the liquid before the coil system vaporizes it!

So it should be an atomovaporizer!

Just think which way the air is traveling when you suck..........
.......is liquid going to atomiZe in the opposite direction in some kind of inverted vortex? Or is it going to merely wick its happy little way to the death coil?;)
John.

shining-wit-albums-evo-picture3815-split.jpg

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
Just think which way the air is traveling when you suck..........
.......is liquid going to atomiZe in the opposite direction in some kind of inverted vortex? Or is it going to merely wick its happy little way to the death coil?;)
John.

shining-wit-albums-evo-picture3815-split.jpg

Well, (excluding the weird supplemental wick on the 510).. the air passes up through the "bottom" of the unit... through the metal mesh which is saturated with the e-liquid. Per the design and patent, as the air travels through the saturated mesh it picks up the tiny droplets of the e-liquid (atomization) and delivers them to the coil via the holes in the ceramic pot. Then the vaporization occurs.

If I remember correctly, the patents also describe the "aerosol" that is generated via the "atomization" process.

But.. as I have already mentioned.. we now know that this complicated process isn't actually required. Just deliver the liquid in bulk to the hot surface and provide an exit path for the resulting vapor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread