Worst Disposable I Have Tried- Please Read

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexos

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
United States
I am curious, to say the least, as to why so many people are so very impressed with the Blu disposables!
I recently took a trip down to a local [insert gas-station here], and purchased this junk for 12 dollars! I earlier bought an njoy from this same store for $7.99, and was VERY impressed! It tasted, felt and looked exactly like a Marlboro Red King Size! The only down side to this, was that the cigarette barley lasted me a day, and that was AFTER vaping an entire ML on my PV!
However, the feel was actually better than my PV, and I wish rechargeables where better in a sense (First e-cig was a Vapor9, and it was OK).

So onto the Blu. I decided to count the exact amount of puffs on this thing, and here is my complete expierence-

Flavor- Not bad at all, but actually tastes like coffee bean. I bought the regular, and it tastes exactly like coffee, which isn't terrible I suppose.

Feel- Almost the same weight as a Rechargeable. Me no likey. Also, the entire website name is printed on the same, so it is basically a walking advertisment. Blue LED was kinda cool, I guess.

Throat Hit- Non existent

Puffs (And here is what really took the cake) - 147. And I do not take long/hard puffs. After 147, my 148th was generating absolutley no vapor, and had no indication of it being dead. The light didn't blink, the vapor production did not decrease, nothing. Now I am one to assume the benefit of the doubt, maybe I got crappy luck, but this thought was thrown away whenever I realized that, not only was I taking proper care of it, but it was working fine (fine being.... minimal) up until my 148th puff.

Conclusion-

The 12mg just didn't do it for me. No/little nicotine satisfaction, and no throat hit. It was like puffing coffee flavored air. Vapor production was.... alright. It wasn't great, really. The taste was of coffee, and non of the reminiscence of tobacco. But out of all of that, the 147 puffs was what REALLY turned me off. Was this a fluke? A malfunction? For $12.00, it really should be a fail-proof disposable.

Price- 1/5
Vapor- 3/5
Flavor- 2/5 (Flavor was good, but didn't taste like tobacco AT ALL)
Battery Life- 0/5
Look- 2/5
Very dissatisfied, 2/10:glare:

-Luke

flintlock62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2012
Arkansas Delta
I'm not impressed with the Blu disposable. They go for $10, and are supposed to be the equivalent of 2-1/2 packs. Mine lasted about an hour before the battery went bad. I decided to dissect it, and there certainly was ample juice left. Disposables are a scam, in my book.

I didn't find what to get as far as equipment until I joined this forum. If you need help deciding, there are people here to help!

epage

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2012
Eastern North Carolina
I had horrible Blu experiences (yes, plural, as I gave it a second try)

The first one I bought was $9-10 at a Walgreens. I chose the menthol as I'd always been a menthol smoker. There was NO menthol sensation or taste whatsoever. I, like you, only tasted coffee.
I went to their website and saw that they actually have cartridges that are of a coffee flavor, so I thought somehow this was a fluke and that the menthol package actually had the wrong item in it.

A few days later I found another store that sold them. I bought one (for $11) and went home. Opened it the next day and it wouldn't work at all. I carried it back to the store where I bought it and the clerk basically accused me of using it up and then coming back to cheat him. When I convinced him that that was not the case, he opened another one there in the store and when I puffed it, it did seem to work. Fine... we made the exchange and I left with a new Blu Menthol. When I got home later that day after running errands and shopping, I took it out and guess what.... yep... you guessed it.... it didn't work, either... LOL - - The end lit up like it belonged to, but nothing vaped at all....

Needless to say, that was the last time I bought a Blu.
Thank goodness I found the ECF site shortly after that!

Sinister Dexter

Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Cascadia
the clerk basically accused me of using it up and then coming back to cheat him

Just to offer some perspective, I used to clerk at a BP and people would try to scam us all day. You learn to keep your guard up after a while. My favorite story involves a lady (well actually not, let's say woman) bought a pack of smokes. The next day she came back with half a pack, complained they tasted funny and she wanted a refund. She tried throwing a temper tantrum but I wasn't having it, I just had to wait for her to give up and leave.

Another good one was a man who would come in, grab a pint of ice cream, eat half of it in the bathroom, and then try to "return" it. He did this repeatedly for several months and actually pulled it off a couple times. Free ice cream plus $4.00, not a bad deal. Eventually the manager posted a picture of him with a description of the scam, and that scared him off.

So I'm sorry you were accused of lying, but I can understand why the clerk felt that way. At least it ended well, you got your replacement.

I would have to say I agree with you and epage on this. I recently purchased a blu disposable when I couldn't get my Mistic cartomizers anymore (I think that is the correct term). I purchased the menthol and it takes like, well lets just say bad. The funny thing was the cashier at the convenience store recommended it, said it was the best one she had tried. I feel sorry for her if this is the best tasting e-cig she has had. I really wish I would have looked on here before I purchased.

qigger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2012
Brook Park, Oh
I've actually had pretty good luck with mine. I got it about a month ago and I can still whip it out and puff here and there. Full disclosure, I'm not coming off of a full smoking habit where I would hit it for 5 minute stretches like a real cigarette and put it away, just once in a while. Obviously it is a limited product and I can tell quality is hit or miss based on feedback though.

When this runs out, I have that "free" apollo disposable to fall back on and try out. Although.. these things are pathetic compared to even starter pvs and quality juice.

rlh445

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2012
Baltimore, Maryland
Most horribe 'ecigs' ever. The Greensmokes my dad bought me when I first brought up switching to vaping taste waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy better and last a lot longer. I know the Blus are just 'disposable' but who the heck is getting satisfaction from these?! They don't last long, they definitely don't taste good, the auto shut off on them is annoyingly short and overall it's a terrible device and if I had started with that I would probably have gone back to analogs.

Thepinfamily

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Virginia
After a month on blu I can honestly say the biggest problem is with quality control. I like blu all and all. The taste is normally good, throat hit is mild but passable but the batteries are junk. I can buy one pack of cartos from Walgreens and every one in the pack are great. Taste, vapor and puff count are all good. Then the next pack of cartos are weak, burnt tasting and one in the pack is a complete dud. I bought a pack of vanilla yesterday. It was my first time trying vanilla and it was horrible. The taste of the first one was good but it only lasted 1/2 hour then tasted burnt. Every carto in the pack after that tasted burnt in the first hour. $15 down the crapper. Frustrating! I went and bought a pack of cherry (favorite flavor by far) this morning and I've been puffing on it for 4 hours non stop and its still has that snap, crackle and pop and sizzle I've come to love. I bought an njoy from 7-11 a few days ago just to try it. I liked the flavor and throat hit quite a bit but the battery only lasted about 1 hour. That's total bull.... for $8! Anyhow, I ordered an ego and it should be in the mail today woohoo! Can't wait for mr. Mailman to come. Blu are not perfect but they worked well enough to get me completely off analogs and into vaping. For that I'm thankful. I do think they need to change their game if they want to survive. As vaping gets bigger and more choices can be found locally they will have more completion on the retail sales shelf. They will need to rely on repeat customers more and more. They need to have a product vapers can step up to instead of just being the product people start with and step away from. If they had an "ego blu" sitting on the shelf next to their mini they would double their business. Oh, and fix the quality control issue.

Last edited:

lexpres61

Jan 7, 2013
Lexington USA
My first experience with an e-cig was a blu menthol disposable. Yes, I did get a noticeable hit but it tasted awefull!
It was full strength menthol. Bought it from Walgreens for $9.99.
It was so bad that after 3 puffs I gave it to my son and apparently he got rid of it later too...lol. So I never did know how long it lasted.
After that I just went out and bought a kit that I could re-fill with my choice of e-juice and I've been fine since. :)

MrSelf Destruct

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
Cobra Island
I've had several issues with Blu as well. I like the blu disposables...the ones that work anyway! I have purchased two that didn't work at all...

I've had better luck with the regular cartridges but they do not feel as strong as the disposables do.

I've also had one defective battery with blu...when I would 'drag' off of it it would not work until I finished 'dragging'. I returned it to blu with a couple bad carts. I just sent those off a few days ago.

MiamiMom63

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
South Florida
When I started vaping on a cig look alike, I told a friend of mine immediately. She bought the blu starter kit. I bought a different one. I won't mention the name. It did get me off cigs, but I did need a better kit soon. She, on the other hand, went back to smoking and still smokes. hmm...I've tried to win her over since then, and that was about a year and a half ago, but she won't budge. Such a shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread