Wotofo Elder Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murphy2278

Sep 2, 2018
A3F5C2A4-E6ED-49BE-A697-F895F90596A0.jpeg
Anyone else digging the build deck and airflow on this but thinking it’s a terrible looking rda? If only it was aesthetically pleasing. I’d be interested to try it, but I can’t get past the looks. Haven’t seen any of the main reviewers with it yet.

Murphy2278

Sep 2, 2018
I think the look of it is fine myself, but that’s the first deck I’ve ever seen where I simply cat tell how it works. I dunno, maybe it’s just the photo. A spherical chamber strikes me as an interesting idea though. I too would like to see a review.
It’s four separate ports going into the coil. I do wonder how smooth or turbulent it would be. I like a more restricted draw and in my experience, which isn’t vast, the honeycomb design is the smoothest and quietest when adjusted down. This certainly isn’t that, but I’m curious if it’s a good design or not. Someone will review it shortly I’m sure.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
It’s four separate ports going into the coil. I do wonder how smooth or turbulent it would be. I like a more restricted draw and in my experience, which isn’t vast, the honeycomb design is the smoothest and quietest when adjusted down. This certainly isn’t that, but I’m curious if it’s a good design or not. Someone will review it shortly I’m sure.
With 4 ports it sounds like a DL atty. time will tell though as you say

• Agree
Reactions: Ryedan

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada

Had a look at a couple of the videos on it that are out there and it is an interesting design. I don't mind the looks but that's completely subjective :)

My bet is it's not going to do a restricted draw well, for me at least. The air flow covers the whole coil and it's going to be hard to reduce that. In my experience that means it's going to be a cool vape with minimal TH when throttled down and I like my vape on the warmer side with max TH. I also vape around 15 watts, and I know for me this one isn't going to do that well. OTOH, for folks who like to vape at 40 watts and up this might be really good for them.

It will be interesting to see how the reviews pan out.

Reactions: Eskie

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
I picked up one today.
I've been using it for about 4hrs.
It looks ridiculous sitting on my one and only squonk mod, a pulse x.
You can't mess up installing a coil or wicking it.
Good intense flavour, probably the best flavour device I have....so far.
The irony is that as someone who vapes unflavored if I decide the draw is right and the sound of the draw is okay it won't ever get used for flavors again.
It's a restricted dl but more open than I thought it was going to be.
The pitch of the sound is lower than an ammit 25 and the ammit 25 is right on the edge of what I find acceptable.
The elder dragons draw sound is not unpleasant. So far I think I can live easily with it.
One reviewer said that he thought the draw was a bit turbulent and he also had it whistling, I think the guy didn't have the right holes lined up because the draw with the correct holes lined up is smooth and with no hint of a whistle. I can replicate the turbulence and whistle he had going if I line up the wrong holes.
Other than the funny visual appearance of it sitting on a mod the size of a pulse x it's a good vape for me.
If I do decide it is a daily vape I will probably have to battle the idiot in me who will spend time and money to try and find a mod it wouldn't look so out of place on

• Informative
Reactions: bombastinator

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
What is confusing me is it seems to have 4 air inlets in the cap but perhaps 6 or 8 inlets in the body. There’s the 2 double barrel removable round port blocks that appear to connect to the holes in the cap, but below them in the Atty body is a larger square hole. I can’t tell from pictures if there is one or two of them on each side, and they do not appear to me to connect to an outside hole. Moreover they are between the two o rings so they may or may not connect in a meaningful way to each other through the very fine circular space created by the two o-rings. I can’t tell if they connect internally or not.

I’m a bit curious as to what these holes are for and what they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread