Status
Not open for further replies.

SP013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Hello,

nexM Pro tank by Wotofo this time, the newest Subohm tank by Wotofo. Last review I did for Wotofo was the Profile RDTA a tank that I still enjoy a lot.

Interesting about this tank is the different type of coils that come with it, and it has a very nice RBA base, which I also will include in this review.

Specifications:

In the Box (TPD):

nexM Pro Tank x1
H15 Mesh & Parallel Coil Combo Head (pre-installed) x1
H12 Clapton Mesh Coil Head x1
Bubble Glass Tube x1
Accessory Bag x1
User Manual x1

Review:

It is not a regular looking tank with the standard form-factor, it is not straight and perfectly symmetric, but it makes it look kind of cool in its way. Like the fact there is not much branding going on apart from the bottom of the tank and a tiny written text on the cage ‘Wotofo’ and ‘nexM PRO TANK’.

Whole tank is made from stainless steel. It feels very properly made and all parts connect with each other perfectly. The threading is very precise and smooth.

Taking apart this tank is simple; the top cap is screwed onto the inner cage. The bottom of the cage is the sticking out part that makes sure the glass stays strongly in place with the help of an O-ring. Unscrewing the (airflow) base reveals the bottom of the coil that can be pulled out and plugged in. There is no juice flow control whatsoever, so changing a coil without making a mess is only possible when the tank is about 40% filled.

Drip-trip has an O-ring, but also the top-cap has an O-ring allowing any 810 to sit properly in there, had no issues with any of my other drip-tips. Would have preferred to see a different drip-tip on this tank, for me it’s a bit too tall considering the coil sits quite deep in there. Would have been nice if an additional shorter drip-tip was included. Shorter drip-tip does slightly improve the flavor for me.

Cannot say much about the capacity as I have the TPD version (3.5/5ml). The regular version has a larger capacity (3.5/6ml). With the dual coil the capacity actually decreases with 1ml. Like that the straight 'glass' is made of PCTG, making it more resistant to cracking. The standard edition tank is also 2mm taller.

A top slide fill port, I like those. This one has a proper amount of restrictiveness to it making sure it won't open on its own. Fill port is revealed and is large enough. on the opposite side of the fill port is an air outlet to ensure easy filling.

Same for the airflow, it has a some restrictiveness which is nice. There is 3 sleeves, all opened up you get lots of airflow. Closed 2/3 gives a nice restricted airflow. It is not noisy nor silent, kind of normal for bottom airflow. The more opened up the more smooth it sounds, the more closed the more whistling, not very loud whistling, but you hear it. Overall not dissatisfied with the airflow.

Four coils are available for this tank, and I received all of them for testing. These coils are massive, especially the base of the coil. Reason probably is because Wotofo had to find a way to create a tank that also is compatible with an RBA base.

First I tried the 'World's first' dual coil, mesh combined with a parallel coil. A very nice and smooth coil that produces lots of flavor and vapor, like it a lot. It also saturates properly even when chain vaping. A very nice coil by Wotofo.

Next another innovative coil that is now becoming more popular, the Clapton Mesh. Had tried it before on the Intake Subohm and it is amazing. Also, on the NexM it is. I prefer clapton mesh over regular mesh, that is because the vape is warmer and more flavorful. Vapor production on Clapton Mesh is however quite decreased compared to regular, but I am not vaping for clouds. My favorite coil type so far on all tanks I have tried.

The other two mesh coils are quite regular mesh coils, they do deliver fantastic flavor and lots of clouds. A very smooth and dense vape. Still for me Clapton mesh wins over these.

None of these coils had leaking issues nor spit back, always a plus. One downside of the mesh coils (also the Clapton mesh) they cannot keep up with chain-vaping, there is I think too many layers of cotton or it is too tight. While chain vaping 3-4 hits are OK, but after a while you get a nasty dry Mesh hit.

Now the specialty of this tank, the RBA base. Interesting they went with an entire tank base with the airflow included, probably was also the only option to get it to be compatible. When purchasing the RBA base, you need to be careful with the color, I for example have a blue tank, but black RBA base. Actually looks very good since the drip-tip is black and my mods are mostly black.

Building on this deck is simple with the two posts, just unscrew place the coil and clip the legs sticking out. The posts allow for a very close cut so had no issues with short outs because of them touching the chamber.

Chamber smoothly screws on and off the deck because of proper threading. Wicking is also not a pain as the wick holes are large enough and just minimal combing out is required. I found it best when the cotton just falls out a tiny bit of the wicking slots. First build I left it a bit longer, but it was not saturating as well.

Basically you press fit the whole base into the cage of the tank as it if was a coil and screw the base onto the tank. Airflow is exactly the same design wise but sounds smoother on the RBA base.

It vapes fantastically, I am a fan of this RBA base. The flavor is great, it saturates the wick very well, no issues with chain vaping. This RBA base performs better than another single coil RTA's. Looking at the base they could have maybe gone for a dual postless deck, but I like it as single.

Conclusion:

This is the first tank I have owned that supports both drop-in coils and a proper build deck. The coils are all fantastic in their own ways, and flavor on all of them outstanding.

The perfect tank for those that are low on budget and would like to buy both sub-ohm and RTA. The RBA deck is super easy to build on and performs really well.

If there are any downsides it is the slightly whistling airflow while set to restrictive, fact it does not always keep up with chain vaping and the drip-tip.

Thank you for reading, take care,
Sjoerd

Reactions: ZuberVape8

ZuberVape8

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2020
:thumb:At first I want to write: Great Review! :thumb:
:hubba:Very nice shots especially for details. :hubba::thumbs:Perfectly written all what we need to know about this atomizer. :thumbs:

Very interested me a combined with a parallel coil. I need to try this.

I have one question for RBA. Do you try build dual coil on vertical?
I know it's very crazy, but I love crazy projects like dual coil build on elder dragon. I thinking about hybrid build on Profile, mesh + coil. Sorry but I'm very crazy with vape like designers from wotofo.:headbang:

Reactions: SP013

SP013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
:thumb:At first I want to write: Great Review! :thumb:
:hubba:Very nice shots especially for details. :hubba::thumbs:Perfectly written all what we need to know about this atomizer. :thumbs:

Very interested me a combined with a parallel coil. I need to try this.

I have one question for RBA. Do you try build dual coil on vertical?
I know it's very crazy, but I love crazy projects like dual coil build on elder dragon. I thinking about hybrid build on Profile, mesh + coil. Sorry but I'm very crazy with vape like designers from wotofo.:headbang:
Thank you!
I tried to get a dual build on this RBA deck by putting one coil above the other, but with the clapton I used it was not possible. The holes to put the coil legs through are simply too small. Maybe with a thinner wire, or regular kanthal wire it will work

Reactions: ZuberVape8
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread