• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

WOTOFO Profile RDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Use it!! I’ve turned into Profile fanboy, own 7 of them now.

The characteristic’s of mesh give a different vaping experience – some enjoy this difference, some do not. It’s all about personal preferences. But if you are interested in this RDA, only way to forum your own opinion is to try for yourself.

There is a running Profile thread if interested.

WOFOTO Profile RDA

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
So mine came, Ive been vaping it for a few hours. I ordered a pack of “coils” with it which are not stainless even though it’s what I marked down on the order form. Apparently the stainless ones don’t even exist any more, which I find interesting. Anyone use pieces of stainless steel “screen” (so as to differentiate it from the perforated sheets apparently being called mesh) yet? Does it work well? This “no you may not TC this RBA” thing annoys me.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
So mine came, Ive been vaping it for a few hours. I ordered a pack of “coils” with it which are not stainless even though it’s what I marked down on the order form. Apparently the stainless ones don’t even exist any more, which I find interesting. Anyone use pieces of stainless steel “screen” (so as to differentiate it from the perforated sheets apparently being called mesh) yet? Does it work well? This “no you may not TC this RBA” thing annoys me.

Not once have I seen Stainless Steel mesh that was specifically made for the Profile. Both the OFRF nexMESH and Wotofo mesh clearly state A1 on their packaging – and neither offer SS as an option. Vandy Vape has SS mesh spools of different density, I’ve only tried the 200 – didn’t really care for it and felt the OFRF performed better.

The RDA can be run in TC with the obvious compatible mesh. Visit the Profile thread I linked above, there are conversations from users and their SS mesh experiences.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: bombastinator

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Not once have I seen Stainless Steel mesh that was specifically made for the Profile. Both the OFRF nexMESH and Wotofo mesh clearly state A1 on their packaging – and neither offer SS as an option. Vandy Vape has SS mesh spools of different density, I’ve only tried the 200 – didn’t really care for it and felt the OFRF performed better.

The RDA can be run in TC with the obvious compatible mesh. Visit the Profile thread I linked above, there are conversations from users and their SS mesh experiences.
Ugh. 12 page thread. I’ll have to take notes, lol.
Thanks though :)
I looked for something like this earlier but couldn’t find it. Should have just clicked your link in the first place.
what I need is likely in there somewhere

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Ugh. 12 page thread. I’ll have to take notes, lol.
Thanks though :)
I looked for something like this earlier but couldn’t find it. Should have just clicked your link in the first place.
what I need is likely in there somewhere

If you have a SS screen, cut it to the same size as the Wotofo mesh – roll it with the included tool, install it and vape. Different mesh densities will give a different experience. And the only way to see if one works for you is to try for yourself.

What is key with mesh is the wicking. You do not want any voids between the wick and your mesh otherwise you will get hot spots. Hot spots will lead to dry burns which is brutal with mesh. Just ensure you have enough wick under that mesh screen.

What is your objective with running TC? The low mass of mesh means it does not get as hot as a typical coil. It is highly influenced by both air flow and wick saturation. If your objective is to mitigate dry burns – you will notice the flavour will diminish as the wick starts to dry out. Little use and you will learn when to drip/squonk. I’ve only used the Vandy Vape 200 SS mesh, and as mentioned, I preferred the OFRF Kanthal over it. Felt the Vandy Vape mesh worked better with Replay than with TC, should you have a Replay compatible mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread