Wotofo Serpent BF Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vic Vape

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2015
Using it without squonking, and with the included plug for the hole on the 510. The 510 isn't adjustable. To my surprise juice is leaking into my mods 510, through the o ring on the 510 pin. It's not pouring out, but using it on a mech doesn't seem safe, so it's on the shelf now. Which sucks! Anyone else have this problem? Thanks for any tips to stop it in advance.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Personally I wouldn't use it on a non squonk mod. This RDA was made with the intent that it be for squonking only. If mine (bought when they were first released) came with some kind of 510 pin 'plug' I didn't notice it, and I don't have the spares for it handy to even see if it did. Should they have included a standard 510 pin for it? Probably IAMA most RDA's come with both pins now days because squonking is the currant rage.

Squonk gear has been my preferred gear for over 3.5 years. So my Serpent BF has never resided anywhere except on a Pico Squeeze (that along with a second Pico Sqeeze/Wasp Nano combo) are only used when I'm out in the wee hours of the night running errands or walking for exercise). They have more than enough joose and batt life for errand trips/walks. These small compact combos work well just tossed in a shirt pocket for easy carry on walks, etc (but I also have a custom cup holder in my vehicle that holds two of them or 2 Pico TC Mods with RDTA's on them).

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Well, it works well on squonk mods WITH AN ADJUSTABLE 510 only.

Yeah, I stood on my caps key for emphasis. I have the BF and it won't make contact on any of my squonk mods with non-adjustable 510 connectors.

I tried it on three Coppervape mods and a Boxer clone and the 510 on the Serpent BF was too short to contact the 510 on the mods. On my Pulse BF mods and my Reos, it works because those mods are either spring-loaded or adjustable.

Having said that, my Serpent BF came with the tiny 510 plugs - though I have never tried using them - and the RDA is currently one of my favorites. I'm using it on one of my Pulse BF mods, with dual 26ga kanthal coils and getting great vapor and flavor.

Lastly, I was very disappointed with Wotofo's customer service. After blaming me for using it wrong, which I disproved, they bailed out by saying I didn't buy it from an authorized reseller (3fvape) so they "couldn't help" me. Sad.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
It works, and well, on a squonker with an adjustable 510. I use mine every day on a Pulse mod and it vapes terrifically, with no leaks. Never tried it with the plug as a standard dripper, but it is first and foremost a BF RDA - which is why I got it in the first place. It's right in the name after all.

Of course that doesn't excuse the leaking - lots of RDAs pull double duty as squonkers and drippers without leaking - and I understand the disappointment for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread