Status
Not open for further replies.

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
Ciggies used to cost me $400 a month for my wife and i, so the cost of a Reo (well about 5 of them really), batteries, tools, soldering irons, wick (thanks Clyde!), kanthal and any weird drip tips i like, 10 RM2s and enough liquid and flavours to float USS Nimitz can never catch up with the savings we made from no longer smoking.

That's quite aside from the health benefits which are readily apparent after about a month. I smoked 40 Reds a day for 30 yrs and HRH smoked Camels (only cigarettes with a pic of the factory on the front) since she was 15.

I did not start with a Reo - but i learned a great deal on the way, so i don't consider it money or time wasted.

T

debzcf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2013
At the shore...
Ciggies used to cost me $400 a month for my wife and i, so the cost of a Reo (well about 5 of them really), batteries, tools, soldering irons, wick (thanks Clyde!), kanthal and any weird drip tips i like, 10 RM2s and enough liquid and flavours to float USS Nimitz can never catch up with the savings we made from no longer smoking.

That's quite aside from the health benefits which are readily apparent after about a month. I smoked 40 Reds a day for 30 yrs and HRH smoked Camels (only cigarettes with a pic of the factory on the front) since she was 15.

I did not start with a Reo - but i learned a great deal on the way, so i don't consider it money or time wasted.

T

We were putting ourselves into the poor-house while putting ourselves into early graves. $400.00 per month -- wow. :blink:

Congrats to you and your wife.

Underdawg736

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2013
Lancaster, Pa
When I first quite the stinkers, My partner at work told me that "if you do it I'll do it!" Well it's now 3 months down the road and I'm "fiddling" away with my eGo and EVODS/T3S......
"I always see you over there 'fiddling' with your 'CRACKPIPE' I don't wanna go thru all that when I can just light one up. Besides I always see you at your computer ordering stuff online......" says the dude that's always "fiddling" with his bike amongst several dozen projects he has going on. I've only made one online purchase and my savings from quitting is getting ready to surpass the $250 mark......well I haven't much of those savings as they go to Mrs Underdawg and the lil Diva!

Wait till he sees me "fiddling" with my Mini and some RBAs!! If I knew back then what I know now, I would've held off getting my eGo kit and went straight for the REO, I'm sure most REOnauts would've done the same.

NicoHolic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2013
USA
There are two kits I recommend to people who ask me about getting started...

On the super cheap: $15 starter kit from MFS.com and a bottle of juice...

This, a bottle of 80/20 and a bottle of 20/80, are what I started with about 18 days ago, just to find out if vaping could replace my cigars and pipes for non-inhaled nicotine delivery (they are VERY effective at that). I found I liked 50/50 and the CE4 wasn't very effective wicking it. But it sold me on vaping.

A week later, I had two ProTanks (2.5Ω) on a $60 eVic for home and two Mini ProTanks (1.8Ω in place of the 2.5Ω) on a Joyetech eGo 650 mAH USB pass-through for work/commute. These perform VERY nicely, and I'd recommend the USB eGo with a ProTank or EVOD using 1.8Ω heads for a new vaper, in lieu of the $15 kit, especially if I'm going to give them a sample of my DIY 50/50 24 mg juice, which I also bought a liter of at that time.

Another week later, the curiosity about mechs and RBAs kicked in and I had the Reo Grand and RB2 on order. Gets here tomorrow. Most of our friends who need to quit wouldn't consider trying a $200 setup, even if they spend 50% more than that per month on ciggies.

Last edited:

T1lVl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2013
Las Vegas, NV, USA
I didn't miss that they were spending time at a pool. I just didn't give it any influence in my decision. They are not going to be in or at the pool all the time! LOL

The optimal thing would be to keep a couple full set-ups to loan out. REO, batteries, charger, cartos and juice. You could even charge a use fee. Give them a couple weeks to try it. If they decide to purchase they can buy the used loaner or use it till there new stuff arrives.

I know some Reonauts have loaned out REO's and it has worked out great.

You should loan me your entire collection I think I need help not smoking.. Lol:D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

rasci2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2009
Kissimmee, Fl
I had only tried cheap e-cigs before and suffered 20 years smoking without any success getting off. Met a gent in Florida (Ray), bought the next day and have been cig free for 6 days. Washed my unit and changed the cartomizer today. Was a 1 POD smoker, but am only going through 2ml of 24mg juice per day. LOVE my REO Grand.

As I ONLY use a REOSMODs vape, I'm recommending it to ALL of my friends. Works like a charm and looks cool as hell!

Thanks Robert!

Just wondering where in Florida. My name is Ray and I've turned a few people on to REO,s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread