Wow! E-cigs have come a long way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voodoochile

Jan 26, 2014
chicago
Newbie here.
Wow! E-cigs have come a long way! I've been a smoker and dipper for 25 years. I remember the free e-cig years ago and my friend ordered it. He's actually a glass artist with a successful business creating mostly smoking paraphernalia. He said it worked but was back on cigarettes within a month. I tried a couple brands like Blu and the disposables but was very disappointed. Had a cough that I was so fed up with I figured I would do my research and figure this stuff out and this forum has been a big help. Tried a couple pieces of junk until I got a couple mini Pro-tanks and adjustable batteries and viola. Clouds of vapor and decent taste given the dry burn every couple days. Still trying to find my juice preference but I am impressed! I would have never joined this forum had all the info and my enthusiasm for these new gadgets not been the real deal. I'm sold.

keonee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2013
USA
Welcome Voodoochile to ECF. Glad you found the right setup for you. It's mostly by trial and error that's designed for personal preferences.

I say whatever it takes to get off cigarettes then job well done.

Keep replying in this thread....4 more posts and you'll be able to start threads and post in the other forums.

Good Luck to You.

revco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Missoula, MT
That's great to hear! Hope you give them up for good! The tech really is there, at least enough to make it an easy transition. There's still a little will power involved, but it's not too bad to get past the initial cravings. I'm starting to get enough days in without smokes that I'll have to start counting in weeks to keep track!

Congrats on trying again. Good luck with the journey and welcome to ECF!

Voodoochile

Jan 26, 2014
chicago
That's great to hear! Hope you give them up for good! The tech really is there, at least enough to make it an easy transition. There's still a little will power involved, but it's not too bad to get past the initial cravings. I'm starting to get enough days in without smokes that I'll have to start counting in weeks to keep track!

Congrats on trying again. Good luck with the journey and welcome to ECF!

Yeah I still dip maybe once a day at work. Didn't want to give up nicotine but couldn't just dip all the time. Does the cough go away completely? That's what I wonder about. Still inhaling oil into my lungs worries me a little.

RoseB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2012
Washington
Yeah I still dip maybe once a day at work. Didn't want to give up nicotine but couldn't just dip all the time. Does the cough go away completely? That's what I wonder about. Still inhaling oil into my lungs worries me a little.

Hello :) My cough went away after a few days of making the complete switch to e cigarettes. I also used to dip about a can a day. That's very hard to quit. Not sure if you've heard about Swedish snus Smokeless tobacco It might be worth looking into if you're still dipping.

Voodoochile

Jan 26, 2014
chicago
Hello :) My cough went away after a few days of making the complete switch to e cigarettes. I also used to dip about a can a day. That's very hard to quit. Not sure if you've heard about Swedish snus Smokeless tobacco It might be worth looking into if you're still dipping.

Yes I've heard of it but have also heard regular dip is just as safe these days. Not sure how accurate that is. I tried the Marlboro snus when they were giving it away but it was a pouch. Tasted good though.

revco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Missoula, MT
From what I've read about snus (having used them in the past), they're treated differently than regular dip and that's what actually makes them safer. I haven't read that dip makers have changed their process, but I suppose it's possible. Supposedly it's even safe to swallow the juice from snus, but I had a hard time getting comfortable with that. I liked them pretty well, but not being a "full time" dipper, I had trouble getting past the raw lips. Eventually I built up resistance, but just didn't care for the habit and went back to smokes. (Until now, that is!)

If your cough doesn't go away within a week or two, definitely get it checked out ASAP.

RoseB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2012
Washington
Yes I've heard of it but have also heard regular dip is just as safe these days. Not sure how accurate that is. I tried the Marlboro snus when they were giving it away but it was a pouch. Tasted good though.

General's Swedish snus is the good stuff :) It has to pass a higher standard for approval as it's licensed as a food product over seas. At least that's what I've read. Hittman and Stubby know more about it than I do, and they're in that forum. I hear you on the pouches I used to do a can of green griz a day or Skoal straight. You barely feel the Swedish snus. That's a tough hurdle to get over once you've grown accustomed to the stronger stuff. If you're really worried about e liquid maybe try some of the specialty stuff. Virgin Vapor | Electronic Cigarette Organic e-Liquid | Electronic Cigarettes

Voodoochile

Jan 26, 2014
chicago
General's Swedish snus is the good stuff :) It has to pass a higher standard for approval as it's licensed as a food product over seas. At least that's what I've read. Hittman and Stubby know more about it than I do, and they're in that forum. I hear you on the pouches I used to do a can of green griz a day or Skoal straight. You barely feel the Swedish snus. That's a tough hurdle to get over once you've grown accustomed to the stronger stuff. If you're really worried about e liquid maybe try some of the specialty stuff. Virgin Vapor | Electronic Cigarette Organic e-Liquid | Electronic Cigarettes

I just orderd from velvetcloudvapor.com and can't wait to get my order. also waiting for Heather's Heavenly vapes and ec blend. I will find my Juice. I'm a bit of an obsessive person. That's why I had to give up booze and other recreational buzz. :)

RebelGolfer72

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Back when I started (2009), a 510 setup with extra carts, attys, batteries, that portable charger that looked like a cig pack, and a sample kit of Johnson creek juice set me back just over $100... Look what $100 can get you today- a serviceable vv/vw mod, a decent RDA/RBA, 5 years worth of coil wire and wick material, and a few months worth of juice (ok, have to be creative in your shopping/choices, but the point is the same, you can get a great setup today for what a barely usable setup was 5 years ago)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Yeah, vape keeps changing and growing faster then I can afford to buy it. lmao. Now they are coming out with the 26500 and 26650 mods with batteries having a 50 amp continuous ratting.

The gear I am vaping with is so much more satisfying than any smoke or Cuban cigar could even hope to match.

Congrats on finding the ECF and starting you vapeducation.

Vape long and Prosper!!

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
Yeah I guess oil was the wrong word to use. When the juice drys on my sink if I don't wipe it up though it seems kinda sticky and scary. Kinda like syrup. worries me inhaling it a bit.

E-Juice contains four ingredients: Propylene Glycol (a food additive found in bakery icing), Vegetable Glycerine (another food additive) Niccotine and flavoring. Before starting E-cigs, I did heavy research, and found a few chest X-rays where the lungs got better after switching. the cough goes away eventually. To put things into perspective, would you rather smoke ash and whatever pesticides and carcinogens that are on tobacco, or vape food additives with no carcinogens? Also, I believe most cigarettes are tobacco flavor, right now, I'm vaping banana flavor, guava and strawberry is almost empty, green apple, Monster energy drink, and another one of those yummy guava's are in the mail as I speak. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread