Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
THE FORUM CHANGED? HAHA!!!! WHY? EVERYTHING IS DIFFERENT.

Because the old software had been patched and amended so many times, it had become frankenstein's monster; in order to fix the problems, and deal with this forum's high volume, they had to go to a whole new platform -- difficult for those of us who got used to the old software, but apparently a great deal easier on a) the servers, and b) the admin. Good example of how it's better on the servers -- during the 15mil post contest, in the last 10-15 mins when the forum seemed to be more like a chatroom than a forum, there were so many posts flying, the servers didn't even hiccup -- smooth as silk thru the whole thing.

Andria

Reactions: nicnik

MagicJosh

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2015
Boston, MA, USA
Because the old software had been patched and amended so many times, it had become frankenstein's monster; in order to fix the problems, and deal with this forum's high volume, they had to go to a whole new platform -- difficult for those of us who got used to the old software, but apparently a great deal easier on a) the servers, and b) the admin. Good example of how it's better on the servers -- during the 15mil post contest, in the last 10-15 mins when the forum seemed to be more like a chatroom than a forum, there were so many posts flying, the servers didn't even hiccup -- smooth as silk thru the whole thing.

Andria
Thank you for explaining. Now I like it better. :) I like the reviews section. Awesome idea.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
THE FORUM CHANGED? HAHA!!!! WHY? EVERYTHING IS DIFFERENT.

the first few days and weeks after the changeover I spent mostly
Thank you for explaining. Now I like it better. :) I like the reviews section. Awesome idea.

I've found the 'ignore' function very important.
You can ignore whole forums (when we made the switchover, I had to ignore each supplier forum 1 at a time; I hope they've fixed that by now for new users).
And you can ignore a thread, like those big threads with thousands of posts; or those frequently repeated debate threads, like clone wars threads, or mech versus regulated etc.

Reactions: r77r7r

MagicJosh

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2015
Boston, MA, USA
the first few days and weeks after the changeover I spent mostly

I've found the 'ignore' function very important.
You can ignore whole forums (when we made the switchover, I had to ignore each supplier forum 1 at a time; I hope they've fixed that by now for new users).
And you can ignore a thread, like those big threads with thousands of posts; or those frequently repeated debate threads, like clone wars threads, or mech versus regulated etc.
i gotta check those out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread