ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Salem, MA, USA
:wub: I cannot thank ECF Member aziffel enough! My first Reo :D

reo mini.jpg

"I'm gonna love him, and squeeze him and call him George."
abominable.jpg

Had to share my glee - thanks for looking....carry on!

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com

CreepyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Salem, MA, USA
Congrats and welcome to Reoville. How is the vape on George? Do consider a Reomizer2 - George will be so happy:).

It is quite wonderful. It is by far the bestest way to enjoy my Deadly Sin :D

I am considering a Reomizer2 - I have gotten down all of the important safety factors, I understand Ohms law and how to build - but I am rather nervous on building still - I am working up the gumption. LOL. Once I am comfortable building that is the FIRST thing I am ordering.

Matthee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
Koringberg, South Africa

I am considering a Reomizer2 - I have gotten down all of the important safety factors, I understand Ohms law and how to build - but I am rather nervous on building still - I am working up the gumption. LOL. Once I am comfortable building that is the FIRST thing I am ordering.
Just do it. My very first coil ever was on an RM2. Since I have built many coils on other atomizers. Have yet to find one easier and more forgiving than the RM2. I mean, you have to start somewhere - why not on the easiest?

CreepyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Salem, MA, USA
Just do it. My very first coil ever was on an RM2. Since I have built many coils on other atomizers. Have yet to find one easier and more forgiving than the RM2. I mean, you have to start somewhere - why not on the easiest?

Mebbe I should go order that...your right -time to suck it up :D

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
Mebbe I should go order that...your right -time to suck it up :D

Great idea! While you are there pick up a few things. A button top, makes the button have a much nicer feel. A extra spring, because shorts do happen and you won't have to wait to slap it in! Got wire? Robert stocks some different ohms.

You will need a way to measure your coil's ohms. A atomizer/cartomizer ohm reader is good to have. Those you can pick up at vendor stores.

Coil building is not hard to do. I am 60 years old and can wrap and slap on a coil in minutes!

Hypatia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
Titletown, USA

You're on your way. I, too, was a bit afraid at first. Sounds like you've done the reading to learn to appreciate the safety and knowledge that goes with building. Seriously though, I suggest you follow SuperX's RM2 tutorial thread in the stickies. (oh, and make sure to order both 28 and 30ga kanthal--ycmv-your coiling may vary). I followed it precisely, and my first coil turned out "super".

CreepyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Salem, MA, USA
You're on your way. I, too, was a bit afraid at first. Sounds like you've done the reading to learn to appreciate the safety and knowledge that goes with building. Seriously though, I suggest you follow SuperX's RM2 tutorial thread in the stickies. (oh, and make sure to order both 28 and 30ga kanthal--ycmv-your coiling may vary). I followed it precisely, and my first coil turned out "super".

Will do - thank you!!

Yeah I am confident that I can do it right - Im just nervous to make that first one, I dont know why. Im just anxious lol. I will def be following that tutorial!!!

ancient puffer

EX PV Collector
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Virginia, USA
Congratulations and welcome to REOville! If you're nervous about your first coil build (as many of us were), just do a "quick and dirty" like Robert demonstrates in his video (here). After you've done that, and recovered from the ensuing nic coma, you can do some leisurely tries at a "bad ayus" micro coil ala SuperX's video(s). They are also quite easy, but Robert's method will get you up and running (vaping) in nothing flat.

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
Will do - thank you!!

Yeah I am confident that I can do it right - Im just nervous to make that first one, I dont know why. Im just anxious lol. I will def be following that tutorial!!!

Don't even try to fire the first coil you make. Spend a little time practicing. Make 5 to 10 coils mount them on the RM2 and check the ohms. Rip it off and make another, do this back to back, over and over until you're comfortable. It will take about an hour and you'll be a pro with a perfect coil by the time you fire it for the first time.

AmandaD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
So Cal
The first coil I ever built also was on my RM2 - and what a difference it makes :) I'm 59, and I use a magnifying glass to do it, whilst steadying my hands on the table! If I can do it, you can:p I watched all the videos first, got an ohm meter, and boiled up some Peaches and Cream and cotton balls. My 16-year old daughter thinks the whole thing is hilarious LOL Oh. and just to be different - I did fire the first coil I ever made, after testing it first;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread