XTAR 12th Anniversary Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
I think it is a fast USB charger for tablets and cell phones and it checks your USB cables?

View attachment 763697

fe86071e-0ba3-4c11-9cde-603082e4147a.png
Ok, thanks! Made by xtar? Kinda like this:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07533J4GB

xtar VC2 & VC4 already provide that info tho, per battery.

Having just been through a hurricane scare, I’m going to order an xtar PB2. I’ve had a VC2 for a few years now and just bought a VC4, but I really should have bought a charger with USB out instead. Didn’t think about it at the time.

Also, congrats to the winners!

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Ok, thanks! Made by Xtar? Kinda like this:

Yeah, but I bought that off brand stuff before and some of them started smoking and could have burnt down my house. Luckily I don't like charging anything unless I am nearby. :)

Xtar VC2 & VC4 already provide that info tho, per battery.
Yeah, but take the battery out of your tablet, phone, etc. and try to put it in the VC2/4 bay. See it doesn't work. :(

Having just been through a hurricane scare, I’m going to order an Xtar PB2. I’ve had a VC2 for a few years now and just bought a VC4, but I really should have bought a charger with USB out instead. Didn’t think about it at the time.
Not me. I love the fact the VC2/4 uses USB power. I can charge batteries while being portable too with a power pack. In the car, and almost anywhere. And with XTAR's 45W 6 port USB charger (I :wub: this thing), I can run six VC2/4 at once off of one supply at home. :D

Reactions: stols001

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
Yeah, but I bought that off brand stuff before and some of them started smoking and could have burnt down my house. Luckily I don't like charging anything unless I am nearby. :)

Yeah, but take the battery out of your tablet, phone, etc. and try to put it in the VC2/4 bay. See it doesn't work. :(

Not me. I love the fact the VC2/4 uses USB power. I can charge batteries while being portable too with a power pack. In the car, and almost anywhere. And with XTAR's 45W 6 port USB charger (I :wub: this thing), I can run six VC2/4 at once off of one supply at home. :D
All good points. Don’t get me wrong - I like my VC2 and 4 a LOT. Neither has USB out tho and in a pinch I’d like to be able to use my 18650s (got quite a few of them lying around) to charge other devices.

SnapDragon NY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2017

Having just been through a hurricane scare, I’m going to order an Xtar PB2. I’ve had a VC2 for a few years now and just bought a VC4, but I really should have bought a charger with USB out instead. Didn’t think about it at the time.

LOL-
I really don't know- I asked Justin from XTAR when I PMed him-" what exactly did I win" and he hasn't replied yet.
That is the only thing I can find for the PD45 search. Not showing anything for a PD45 on XTAR site.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
All good points. Don’t get me wrong - I like my VC2 and 4 a LOT. Neither has USB out tho and in a pinch I’d like to be able to use my 18650s (got quite a few of them lying around) to charge other devices.
Yeah, but I didn't mean to say you can use your VC2/4 as a power bank. I mean you can charge batteries with a power bank connected to a VC2/4. ;)

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
IDK but there is this teeny part of me that sort of hopes you might get two automatic handguns in the mail, just because it would be amusing to see, plus TWO of them, one for each hand.

I am envious of me too, I was going to buy an Xtar when I could afford it, but that was a ways away. I have finally reached the point where perhaps I would sometimes like to charge more than two batteries, and now I will have 2 two bays.

Anna

SnapDragon NY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2017

I have the XTAR PB2 and it serves as a power bank, charges and holds your 2 18650 batteries- I was without power for 5 days during a winter storm, so this will come in handy. Luckily we have a generator.
You need to have at least one charged 18650 to use as a power bank for your cell charge. This is handy to carry 2 18650 batteries when I travel too. In a nice safe case that I can charge too.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
My Xtar Charger came today!!! Thank you Xtar and @XTAR-Justin !! I have pics, although had you told me once upon a time that I'd be all excited to be loading charger pics, well I'd be telling you that ah, well, I wasn't vaping yet. It is working well and I had batteries piled up to charge!

Thanks again,

Anna

Attachments

• xtar 4.jpg
    xtar 4.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 13
  • Xtar 2.jpg
    Xtar 2.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 11
  • Xtar 3.jpg
    Xtar 3.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 11
  • Xtar.jpg
    Xtar.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 11

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
My Xtar Charger came today!!! Thank you Xtar and @XTAR-Justin !! I have pics, although had you told me once upon a time that I'd be all excited to be loading charger pics, well I'd be telling you that ah, well, I wasn't vaping yet. It is working well and I had batteries piled up to charge!

Thanks again,

Anna
Wow. New model. Nice! Congrats!

With an appropriate power supply, it can charge a single battery at 2 amps. Also has USB out and can charge Ni-MH batteries. It’s all the charger many vapers would ever need.

I just ordered an Xtar PB2 this past weekend. Had I known about this one, I might have ordered this instead. (Then again, maybe not...)

The charge rate might be a bit high for some Ni-MH cells tho...

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I think as best I can tell it monitors the battery and selects one or two amp charging. I am not seeing any way to reduce it to 0.5 amp charging (although supposedly it slows as it nears peak charge and also is continuously monitoring charge. I think that I'd have to get a less than 2 amp power bank to slow it down further, I could be ENTIERLY wrong though.

My husband just came up and admired it, so I'm guessing at some point I can ask him what it's doing.

Anna

• Informative
Reactions: BillW50

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    I think as best I can tell it monitors the battery and selects one or two amp charging. I am not seeing any way to reduce it to 0.5 amp charging (although supposedly it slows as it nears peak charge and also is continuously monitoring charge. I think that I'd have to get a less than 2 amp power bank to slow it down further, I could be ENTIERLY wrong though.

My husband just came up and admired it, so I'm guessing at some point I can ask him what it's doing.

Anna
    You can only go as low as 1 amp on this charger Anna.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread