The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Xtar wp2 ii

Discussion in 'E-Cigarette Accessories Discussion' started by Shortstuff116, Apr 21, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Shortstuff116

Shortstuff116 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 2, 2009
    Bellingham, MA
    I've been using my trusty old Trustfire TR-001 for charging all my batteries (14500's and 18650's) since I started mod vaping more than 2 years ago and it has never let me down. With my AW IMR 2000 mah 18650's it's been taking an average of 7-8 hours to recharge them with my TR-001 which runs at 500 mah output. So I purchased a new XTAR WP2 II this past week and allows me to charge batteries at either 500 mah or 1 amp (1000 mah). I set it for 1 amp and my AW's now take a little more than 2 hours to charge.

The XTAR is made in Hong Kong and even though it is not a PILA it appears to be well-made and provides some nice charging features for under $20.00. Another good investment.

2. DPLongo22

DPLongo22 Open mind for a different view... Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    I'm VERY glad to read this (thanks!) because I just ordered a 6 bay/channel one for $34, but it's currently in transit. I was going back and forth on the PILA and decided to take the chance on the Xtar. Now it appears that I might end up glad that I did.

3. donnah

donnah Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I bought one a couple weeks ago and have been very pleased with it. I use 14500s and 18650s. I set it to 1 when charging the 14500s and 2 for the 18650s. (I hope this is right) ive noticed that my batts take quite a bit less time to charge now. I got my 2 bay charger for $18 shipped off ebay :)

4. Unforeseen

Unforeseen Admin
    Commercial/Suppliers Asst. Manager
    Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Moved from Provari sub-forum to E-Cigarette Accessories Discussion.

5. martinc

martinc Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 12, 2011
    Montreal,Quebec,Canada
    Ordered a 6 bays myself a few hrs ago,will need that as I own a few mods

6. oplholik

oplholik ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

I have two of the WP2's, and one WP6, and I really like them. The WP6 has some funky springs instead of the sliders, but works well. For the money, they are great.

7. sobero4

sobero4 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 9, 2010
    Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Been using my xtar wp6II for about a month now and the thing works flawlessly. Very satisfied with it and the price tag makes for quite a steal imho!

8. jonny2hottie

jonny2hottie Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 9, 2010
    Strong Beach, CALI
    i stated this in another thread but i'll repost here:

sold my PILA once i got the Xtar's in.
    XTAR chargers are VERY good chargers even in comparison with PILA they are either on par or some say better (according to a few reviews and youtube clips) but you know there will always be nay'sayers
    google search: xtar-wp2-ii-charger-18650-18500-18350
    version II is the latest version.

Heres a review from a guy who does great testing on them:
    Review of Charger Xtar WP2 II

9. jonayran

jonayran Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 9, 2011
    in a box.
    When charging aw imr 18350's what is the switch suppose to be on? 1 or 2?

10. oplholik

oplholik ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

I charge 18350's on the 1 setting. I think the 2 setting would be used for 18650's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.