Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
it'd be gone now,but you excluded Alaska hahahahaha
If you want to pay the extra shipping costs then it can be done.
I seem to find that the price using USPS is the same as for other states, I thought is was more.

Last edited:

KonaNeil

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2009
Big Island, Hawaii
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dropped out for a while and missed quite a bit of pretty cool hardware. From this perspective this looks like a first of a type or almost prototype of the SBS's that are becoming popular now.

Still, clearly an enjoyable piece of hardware. I just wonder If it's any more usable or enjoyable then some of the current designs with similar ergonomics like the Abyss.

I'm not stating the above as an absolute I'm just asking if this is the way things are.

• Agree
Reactions: DPLongo22

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    If you want to pay the extra shipping costs then it can be done.
    I seem to find that the price using USPS is the same as for other states, I thought is was more.

It's a common misconception. Increased rates to AK and HI only applies to UPS/Fedex. Shipping with USPS to AK/HI is the same rate as zone 8 mainland. So if one is willing to ship to zone 8 (which everyone is) then there's no reason not to ship to HI or AK via USPS.

Last edited:

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Rating - 100%
    126   0   0
    The Xvostick is a terrific mod and this is a deal.

I just shipped a flat rate USPS package to AK and it cost no more than it would have had I been sending it to my neighbor. Hence “flat rate”, I guess. Those rates also apply to APOs overseas.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    Rating - 100%
    105   0   0
    I dropped out for a while and missed quite a bit of pretty cool hardware. From this perspective this looks like a first of a type or almost prototype of the SBS's that are becoming popular now.

Still, clearly an enjoyable piece of hardware. I just wonder If it's any more usable or enjoyable then some of the current designs with similar ergonomics like the Abyss.

I'm not stating the above as an absolute I'm just asking if this is the way things are.

It is. They were intro'd in July 2015, and started shipping in September of that same year. All that you see now, out and about (in the SbS world), are children of the Xvo.

Absolutely fantastic mods with a finish that's unbelievably tough.

Rooting for @denali_41 .

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    Rating - 100%
    105   0   0
    ...AND they're much more durable than anything you'll find at $300-500 today. I believe that the DNA60s are also hermitically sealed, like the earlier DNA40s. If you buy a SbS today, there's a good chance that it will come with one of those plastic mod protectors that sit between the atty and connector.

You don't need one of those with the early Xvos, and I expect this is the same. @dwcraig1 might be able to confirm that since I don't have any 60s.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 17, 2012
    Imperial Beach, California
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    I have no real knowledge of actual numbers but I'd say there are only up to 300 of these in the wild. Covid shut them down and that created other financial problems, they made many things and mods were the least of them. It is the best built mod I have ever seen. I ordered and paid for a 2nd one two years, I'll most likely never see it. I'm selling it strictly because I need the cash.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    Rating - 100%
    105   0   0
    I have no real knowledge of actual numbers but I'd say there are only up to 300 of these in the wild. Covid shut them down and that created other financial problems, they made many things and mods were the least of them. It is the best built mod I have ever seen. I ordered and paid for a 2nd one two years, I'll most likely never see it. I'm selling it strictly because I need the cash.

Yeah. Sadly, the best course for buying an Xvo has always been to get one 2nd hand. GREAT mods, but a "challenging" company to work with.

I'm having flashbacks just thinking about it.

Your deal is amazing and if I didn't have two already, I'd have jumped on it already. Hopefully someone else will realize that too (and shipping to Alaska is a breeze, just IMO) ;)

BillW50

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 23, 2014
    US
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Your deal is amazing and if I didn't have two already, I'd have jumped on it already. Hopefully someone else will realize that too (and shipping to Alaska is a breeze, just IMO) ;)

dwcraig1 and mine are from the same batch. And I'm still on the fence about buying dwcraig1's. I wonder when he was hoping to sell it by?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread