Ye...another Newbie submission on EGO T's *sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jet_tek1

Jan 23, 2012
upstate, SC
I have been vaping since May 2010...Yes, I got suckered at the mall By Smoking Every Where for $125.00 for inferior equipment only to find my local Gas Station mart had the exact same product in njoy for $45.00...That was Lesson #1. After being frustrated with the whole Cartridge/Atomizer deal I went back and forth between vaping and smoking...'til I discovered NJOY cartomizers. Then went to www.VaporKings.com and discovered the RN4084(?) cartomizers that can be refilled and had been vaping with them from Oct 2010 until Dec.2011 when I decided to venture into new territory and buy the much bally-hooed EGO T starter kit from www.SuperTmanufacturing.com...They had the lowest price! The first battery and atomizer I used tasted burnt when I put the tank in...when I put the same tank into the 2nd atty the vape was fine. For the first week I switched back and forth. 1st one tasted burnt still...Hit ECF and found out how to clean it. Only when I got to the step 4. that talked about the dry burn, the atty burned for a few seconds then burnt out! Went back to super T manufacturing and ordered 2 more atty's and just got them this past Saturday and guess what the 2nd original atty burnt out. unwrapping the new one I wanted to avoid the burnt taste so, I blew it out ten times loaded up a fresh tank and got the burnt taste... went to take the needle plate out and snapped the ring inside so that ones useless now...lol :blink:

Now the question...Is there a way to repair atomizers for the EGO T?

Last edited:

Fslade

Jan 22, 2012
texas
I have been vaping since May 2010...Yes, I got suckered at the mall By Smoking Every Where for $125.00 for inferior equipment only to find my local Gas Station mart had the exact same product in NJOY for $45.00...That was Lesson #1. After being frustrated with the whole Cartridge/Atomizer deal I went back and forth between vaping and smoking...'til I discovered NJOY cartomizers. Then went to www.VaporKings.com and discovered the RN4084(?) cartomizers that can be refilled and had been vaping with them from Oct 2010 until Dec.2011 when I decided to venture into new territory and buy the much bally-hooed EGO T starter kit from www.SuperTmanufacturing.com...They had the lowest price! The first battery and atomizer I used tasted burnt when I put the tank in...when I put the same tank into the 2nd atty the vape was fine. For the first week I switched back and forth. 1st one tasted burnt still...Hit ECF and found out how to clean it. Only when I got to the step 4. that talked about the dry burn, the atty burned for a few seconds then burnt out! Went back to super T manufacturing and ordered 2 more atty's and just got them this past Saturday and guess what the 2nd original atty burnt out. unwrapping the new one I wanted to avoid the burnt taste so, I blew it out ten times loaded up a fresh tank and got the burnt taste... went to take the needle plate out and snapped the ring inside so that ones useless now...lol :blink:

Now the question...Is there a way to repair atomizers for the EGO T?
Yes but way more work n hassle then what its worth.whats your time worth its a pain I rebuilt a atty n never again I just pay for another

Iusedtoanalog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2011
Pennsylvania
Jet since the math is pretty obvious you must have one t atty left ...right? The burning comes from "dry hits" the t is quite the finicky little..... what liquid are you using? Does the bottle say PG....VG....Are ther numbers next to the type like VG/PG 70/30? If you still have the old attys take out the needle plates, save the wick and the needle once these two things break or get bent the atty is junk. if either of the two older ones still fire you may be able to clean them and reuse them. One i know you said burned up but try this... With a toothpick/papreclip/tweezer on your battery the center conductor give it aLIGHT bit of upward pressure(away from the battery body) toward where the atty would screw into. Rock it from sied to side while GENTLY moving it outward. You only want it to come out like half a milimeter so steady as she goes. screw on your failed atty and see if it begins to sizzle. I have found this to be fairly common on the t atty so keep a close eye on it. If that does work you have yourself at least one working atty more than you have now. Alot of folks are saying the eGo c atties are more consistant but i cannot vouch for that personally. I would recommend picking up a box or two of cartos othat have the 510 threading so if you are in an emergency situation,like now, you have something to vape. I prefer the Boge 2ohm and market price seems to be around seven bucks for five pieces. Who knows you may like them better than the egot atty .
A little more info on your eliquid would be helpful to diagnose the root of your problem.
Good Luck. Happy Vaping.

DZ

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2011
Littleton, CO
The eliquid I had been using is Mostly 100% vg...I read on some post or website during my RN408(?) use that vg produce a thicker vapor. But earlier today (before I became a member) I read about the 70/30 pg to vg ratio...at best my e liquids have 50/50.

I was an ego-t user as well and more then 30% vg is just simply to thick. I was using 70/30 and 80/20 although the 80/20 mix ended up leaking out. I then went to cartomizers then box mods and havent looked back. If you like the ego-t try not to use more then 30% otherwise it just wont feed properly.

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
The eliquid I had been using is Mostly 100% vg...I read on some post or website during my RN408(?) use that vg produce a thicker vapor. But earlier today (before I became a member) I read about the 70/30 pg to vg ratio...at best my e liquids have 50/50.

Well no wonder!! you have been using 100% VG which is a no no for a Tank because VG is too thick ... I have an Ego T and I would not recommend using a juice ratio that is higher than 30% VG ... You were burning out your atty's because the juice was not flowing properly into the atty.

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
I used a PG/VG 60/40 mix in mine and burned two eGo T atomizers within a week or so. I have one out on loaner using the same juice and he has over a week on the one atty and still going but he is less on the daily volume than I am which is about 3 ml. I think the eGo tanks were fine as far as taste and oh so easy to fill but too much $ on disposables with the attys. If they would offer a bridge with the wick or even just the wick so you could pop it out, dry burn off the coil and pop a new one in I would use them.

What I have used since losing the two attys ($15 for the two) is the ECHO-E Dual coil cartomizers. Look just about the same as the tank setup with no big honking tube like the DCT and hold 3 ml. Vape great and easy enough to refill as the juice soak in fast on that huge filler (90 drops on a dry fill without a drop out the bottom).

Ordered up a bunch of these from the vendor linked, fast top notch service and $3 each. Free shipping over $50 I think.

Dont get me wrong on the DCT, I have one and will use it at home but I aint gonna take that thing out in public... kind of how the wife feels about me ;) Anyhow, next up for me will be the Vision Stardust when they come back in stock next month at Madvapes. Those are functionally a DCT the way I understand it with a replaceable cartomizer that is $3 and the tube I have really works nice. I keep it full of Watermelon and enjoy it every time.

About the eGo C, I see some posts that the atomizer may be more reliable. Well it would have to be a hellofa lot more reliable to be worth the $5 each they want for them. I think they are just overpriced considering you can get a 510 dual coil cart for a dollar. I say if the manufacturer doesnt want to sell the wick or even a bridge with a wick reasonably then they are just trying to screw the market.

Jet_tek1

Jan 23, 2012
upstate, SC
Well no wonder!! you have been using 100% VG which is a no no for a Tank because VG is too thick ... I have an Ego T and I would not recommend using a juice ratio that is higher than 30% VG ... You were burning out your atty's because the juice was not flowing properly into the atty.
Thank you, as well Nikkita6

Jet_tek1

Jan 23, 2012
upstate, SC
I think the eGo tanks were fine as far as taste and oh so easy to fill but too much $ on disposables with the attys. If they would offer a bridge with the wick or even just the wick so you could pop it out, dry burn off the coil and pop a new one in I would use them.

What I have used since losing the two attys ($15 for the two) is the ECHO-E Dual coil cartomizers. Look just about the same as the tank setup with no big honking tube like the DCT and hold 3 ml. Vape great and easy enough to refill as the juice soak in fast on that huge filler (90 drops on a dry fill without a drop out the bottom).

Ordered up a bunch of these from the vendor linked, fast top notch service and $3 each. Free shipping over $50 I think.
I definitely will try the cartomizer you suggest...The 2 Atty's I just received ran me $22 + shipping. Too much loot for such fragile and important part of my equation

Iusedtoanalog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2011
Pennsylvania
Hi Jet_tek i have noticed lately anytime you type Boge it auto directs you but no big deal. I think That auto parts place has some kinda text awareness program running on this and other forum boards.lol. All vendors who sell boge will tell you by brand name thats what they are and most often also what specific ohm load the cartos are. Good Luck. Happy Vaping.

sadawe

Jan 24, 2012
ksa
I've been vaping 100%VG e-liquid on my ego-t atty for some time until it clogged up on me with little to no air flow, so as a last ditch attempt to salvage them i took them apart removed what was left of a burnt wick cleaned them as best i could then some dry burns and now i have a trip atty that delivers loads of smoke flavor and a nice TH. so not a complete loss after all.

Jet_tek1

Jan 23, 2012
upstate, SC
I've been vaping 100%VG e-liquid on my ego-t atty for some time until it clogged up on me with little to no air flow, so as a last ditch attempt to salvage them i took them apart removed what was left of a burnt wick cleaned them as best i could then some dry burns and now i have a trip atty that delivers loads of smoke flavor and a nice TH. so not a complete loss after all.
so how Manny seconds do you hold the button for a dry burn? (Btw...I have the type of ego-t that you have to hold the buttun down)

Jet_tek1

Jan 23, 2012
upstate, SC
Update on the atty situation: I went to Super T's site abs let them know about my delima. To which they kindly responded on 1/25/2002 "Sorry to hear about. Your atomizers dying. I'll send you out a couple more replacement atomizers today, no problem.<br>
<br>
Warm regards, the Super-T team"<br>
<br>
I think that's really good of them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread