Yellowing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanddeath

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2014
Tulsa, Ok, USA
So, since I use 0mg, most of my juice when I do vape is clear. After a few day, the juice would start to turn amber for some reason. Now, I only have seen this happen in my Nautilus, because I never used a clear juice in my Atlantis when I had it, so I don't know if my issue is in the tank, or juice. What was weird was like, it would have a darker rim of juice on the inside, like that was dying it. I'm not sure why this was happening, or if this is a common thing in clear juices when exposed to light. The flavor wasn't really changed, but that was hard to tell with the Nautilus in the first place. I no longer have either tank anymore. So, was his a juice issue? Or something that jjust seems to happen naturally to clear juices. I wasn't really worried until I say the darker rim. Once, like that darker rim was there, and after I put it back together, it flowed into the tank and dyed it more. It kinda looked like food coloring when it first goes into water. I'm not sure at all what that darker amber colored rim was. I'm thinking it was residual juice, but I've rinsed that puppy a lot. (I should say the rim only was in the base, like where the coils met the base, or just on top of the coils.

LightsOut323

Verified Member
Feb 22, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Juice will change color.

I have some that started out as a light golden color that is now a dark brown. It's all part of the "steeping" or aging process. Also, I have had juice that changed color in layers, like it was separating. Pretty sure this is all normal.

Yes, this is normal and part of the steeping process. Plus keep in mind that heat speeds up this process, hence your change in color.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
my question is.... did the color change also happen in the bottle?? If not, then its not a steeping thing ( BTW steeping is the wrong word...it aging) what has occured is the liquid exposed to the coil becomes darkened and leaches into the liquid in the tank, thus discoloring the liquid in the tank....
If the liquid contains nic, the discoloration does happen naturally due to oxidation and UV exposure....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread