PaulieD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2012
Beach
I have posted this previously inside another thread:

How I clean BVC coils:

1-Rinse under hot, hot water in both directions for 2-3 minutes.
2-Pour a small cap of everclear, drop the coil in the cap.
3-Pick up cap containing everclear and place against my palm and shake
vigourously for 15-20 seconds.
4-Use a Dentek brush (it fits perfectly inside the vertical coil) to remove gunk.SEE EDIT BELOW
5-Hold coil with long tweezers and steam clean coils with Amazon.com - McCulloch MC1235 1300-Watt Handheld Steam Cleaner - Hand Held Steamers or similar device.
6-Do a light dry burn till no smoke
7-Rinse once again and use Dentek once again to remove residue
8-Back to dry burn till just barely red (to dry) and you are instantly ready to
vape your lungs out !!!

Edit and improvement:
In steps 4 - 1st Dentek brush step, I have now found these great teensy weensy brushes from harbor freight that really scrub the coils and with the 2 smallest ones can be sort of screwed into the coil hole and gently turned. A lot of debris gets dislodged.
These brushes are only 1.99 for a set of 5 :ohmy:
http://www.harborfreight.com/5-piece-airbrush-cleaning-brushes-68155.html

This whole process only takes a few minutes and the coils are constantly like new and lasting many weeks.
Hope this helps someone....

drthunder

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2014
NY
I had to try a few methods before finding a good one.

1 - Rinsing under hot water then dry burning. I saw this method on Youtube and while it works, the burnt taste lingers for days. Would not recommend.
2 - Just like above but rinsing and dry burning once more. The lingering burnt taste is less noticeable, but still annoying.
3 - Simply boiling the coil in filtered water for 10 minutes. Rinse, then boil for another 10 minutes. Rinse and let air dry for a couple days. No lingering burnt taste and makes the coil as good as new. I was slightly concerned about the rubber grommets melting while boiling but they were perfectly fine. Very easy and cheap to revive multiple coils at the same time.

Your method sounds very complicated for reviving $2 coils. I would also be concerned about brushing the inside of the coil as you might fray the ceramic mesh. It is very brittle. Doing the boil method brings my coils back to life and it's cheap. If you are buying the everclear and all that extra stuff it might be cheaper to just buy new coils.

PaulieD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2012
Beach
There are many methods and this one is quite simple and effective and works without damaging the coils at all. It is much more effective than boiling, a thorough rinse after the dry burn and the coil has ALL the gunk removed and is cleaner and fresher.
No waiting days....You can revape in minutes.
In total about 3 minutes, which seems much shorter than the method you outlined...time is also important. There are ceratinly other ways also. To each their own of course, this happens to be my most effective way.

Also, the title of this thread is yet ANOTHER bvc cleaning thread. It is not entitled this is the ONLY bvc cleaning method.
It might be better to simply add your method than discrediting other methods that have clearly worked for quite some time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread