Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada

GreySG

Dec 27, 2013
AL, USA
Although twin Sony VTC5s at 5200 mAH is nothing to sneeze at. Crummy pic attached :facepalm:

Attachments

• Photo on 7-11-14 at 6.06 PM.jpg
    Photo on 7-11-14 at 6.06 PM.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:

VapDrak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2012
Ecuador
@VapDrak - that link to baps 1590g isnt a housing per say, its a manufactured lid that replaces the normal 1590g hammond enclosure. It doesnt change the dimensions of the 1590g box. I do believe he makes one that has a risen hight to the deck to accommodate larger buttons, but a 1590g will fit a dual 1860 - as gandsr said though.. it will be a tight fit depending on layout.

The reason I am leaning on a 1590D is because this will be my first box that I will have ever made. I just figured the working space in a D would be a simpler space to start the educational process.

Im thinking my next box will be a 1590g - but I might slap a dna 30 in it instead.

Nothin wrong with chillin at home with a humongous 50W beast lmao

Simple answer Yes
But there are even better choices that will fit in the configuration
Have a look at this
viewproduct | Turnigy nano-tech Ultimate 6400mah 1S2P 90C Hardcase Lipo Pack
this battery will fit in the 1590G with the angled face plate You just have to remove the hard case :)
This is the kind of power you mite want for 50+ watts

This is getting very interesting!!! :)
Subscribed the thread, let's keep it alive. I know there's a lot to learn and that's what i'm here for.
Thank you guys:thumb:

xxiaze

Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
United States
Alright, so I just ordered 10 pieces of the spherical silver tactile switches from Arrow Electronics. There unfortunately was no cheaper shipping than UPS Ground. The units at 10 pieces were like $8 and shipping was $7 or so... I bit the bullet considering these will play out nicely for all of my future boxes. Heres the link of purchase:

http://parts.arrow.com/item/detail/ck-components/ksj0m43180shlft#nQn2

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
Personally I like DNA 30's My Self I have build 3 mods with them and am going to build one more :)
Evolv is wonderful with after sale service You hope you never need it But if you do there Great to deal with :)
I don't go below .6 and never vape above 25 watts anyway
fastech has a DIY Hana clone box for 20 bucks it comes with every thing you need switches 510 wires everything except the DNA 30 and the Charging Board
You can buy The Authentic DNA 30 and the Charging board for 57 bucks or even less if you can get in on one of the CO_OPS they run here all the time
I ordered a DIY clone and will build mine with a real DNA30 for cheap :)
I was going to build 2 SX350 mods but bought a IPV 50 Watt mod instead 79 bucks at Elev8
The chip is made by YiHI same manufacture as the SX350 it's not upgradable but who needs more than 50 Watts?
I will be selling all the parts I bought to build my SX350's soon

Originally Posted by xxiaze View Post
@VapDrak - that link to baps 1590g isnt a housing per say, its a manufactured lid that replaces the normal 1590g hammond enclosure. It doesnt change the dimensions of the 1590g box. I do believe he makes one that has a risen hight to the deck to accommodate larger buttons, but a 1590g will fit a dual 1860 - as gandsr said though.. it will be a tight fit depending on layout.

The reason I am leaning on a 1590D is because this will be my first box that I will have ever made. I just figured the working space in a D would be a simpler space to start the educational process.

Im thinking my next box will be a 1590g - but I might slap a DNA 30 in it instead.

Nothin wrong with chillin at home with a humongous 50W beast lmao

xxiaze

Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
United States
Personally I like DNA 30's My Self I have build 3 mods with them and am going to build one more :)
Evolv is wonderful with after sale service You hope you never need it But if you do there Great to deal with :)
I don't go below .6 and never vape above 25 watts anyway
Fastech has a DIY Hana clone box for 20 bucks it comes with every thing you need switches 510 wires everything except the DNA 30 and the Charging Board
You can buy The Authentic DNA 30 and the Charging board for 57 bucks or even less if you can get in on one of the CO_OPS they run here all the time
I ordered a DIY clone and will build mine with a real DNA30 for cheap :)
I was going to build 2 SX350 mods but bought a IPV 50 Watt mod instead 79 bucks at Elev8
The chip is made by YiHI same manufacture as the SX350 it's not upgradable but who needs more than 50 Watts?
I will be selling all the parts I bought to build my SX350's soon
This is true my friend, I feel the same way about the DNA, I wont need much more than 30W myself. Im more or less just installing the yihi for the hell of it! 50W will be fun to play with and have in the collection. The rest of my builds will be using the DNAs.

I just ordered the 6400mAh 90C battery that was suggested [emoji33] ive got a hammond 1590g and my fuses on the way as well. T-Minus countdown until all my ducks are in a row to start this build. Im excited.

GreySG

Dec 27, 2013
AL, USA
Couple of items you might want to consider; the SX350 max input current is 25 amps vs the DNA30 at ~12 amps so you want to keep your power feed lines short and use a minimum of 20 gauge wire. I used 18 gauge on the power harness to the 350s input. I also used two 6 amp fuses in parallel for each battery which gives approx. 12 amps protection per 18650 or about 24 amps total. The biggest issue I had was the charging boards wiring comes out so that it rubbed the bottom of the case. I'm still thinking about swapping them to the other side. The fast tech case is a good idea, I've "upgraded" one of their DNA20 models by pulling the chipset, closing off the bottom two tact switch holes, drilling and tapping the 510 for a Fatdaddy connector and then installing the SX350. This makes for a much nicer mod and I've still got the clone chip to play with.

xxiaze

Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
United States
Couple of items you might want to consider; the SX350 max input current is 25 amps vs the DNA30 at ~12 amps so you want to keep your power feed lines short and use a minimum of 20 gauge wire. I used 18 gauge on the power harness to the 350s input. I also used two 6 amp fuses in parallel for each battery which gives approx. 12 amps protection per 18650 or about 24 amps total. The biggest issue I had was the charging boards wiring comes out so that it rubbed the bottom of the case. I'm still thinking about swapping them to the other side. The fast tech case is a good idea, I've "upgraded" one of their DNA20 models by pulling the chipset, closing off the bottom two tact switch holes, drilling and tapping the 510 for a Fatdaddy connector and then installing the SX350. This makes for a much nicer mod and I've still got the clone chip to play with.
Thank you for the input, I appreciate it.

I will be using 18gauge wire then, as far as the fuses go - I will be using two Littelfuse 7A's in parallel. See item list for component id. Just two of these should do the trick I would imagine. What are your thoughts on that?

I will post a new updated item spread below:

GreySG

Dec 27, 2013
AL, USA
When I looked at your component list I only saw two 7 amp fuses. Fine for a DNA30 http://evolvapor.com/datasheet/dna30.pdf which shows a maximum input of 12 amps but the SX350 Authentic YiHi SX350 35W Chip! (scroll to the bottom) shows a maximum 25 amps. If you only use the two fuses you might not be able to hit the 50 watts the chip can do and will also limit the current available in bypass mode. Using two 18650s you would need 4 fuses, 2 in parallel for each battery. If you are going to use that monster LiPo you could use a couple of the 13 amp fuses in parallel http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/TE-Connectivity-Raychem/RHEF1300/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMsgjL4JkW1EEVNr4NcEMyYym4T%2fTThdw9U%3d which should drop you close. There are probably better fuses but at first glance that's what I found.

Last edited:

xxiaze

Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
United States
REVISED COMPONENT LIST:

DigiKey:

Hammond 1590G(Unit price: $7.09 ea.)

2x Littelfuse F6137CT-ND 7A Resettable(Unit price: $3.14 ea.)

Arrow Electronics:

C&K Spherical Tactile Switch(Unit price: $0.90 ea.)

FatDaddyVapes:

510 Connector w/ 22mm Lock Washer(Unit Price: $5.99 ea.)

Ebay:

12mm Stainless Steel Push Button(Unit price: $5.98 ea.)

HobbyKing:

Turnigy Nano-Tech Ultimate 6400mAh 90C Lipo Battery(Unit price: $28.55 ea.)

Eciggity:

Yihi SX350 Chip(Unit price: $74.99)

TOTAL= $139.20 including shipping costs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread