Status
Not open for further replies.

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
You can add... the Akuma and King III, as well as the "Da Iron", Cartel, Morpheus, the "AR", Vanilla, Panzer (if you like teles), the Penny, Overdose and Stingray to that list.

A good switch that fires without sticking and lower voltage drop
That'd be the King III, Penny and 4Nine (once broken in)... so far. Akuma on order. The rest, not a clue. ;-)

TBCAmor

Verified Member
Jun 4, 2014
Denver, CO.
I have an Akuma clone, and there is much to be improved, mainly the locking ring requiring two hands, about eight full turns, and it jumped threads once, when it was brand new. Aside from the lock, and the battery adjustments, it hits harder than my black copper and brass stingrays.

The black copper is close, and I haven't done a voltage drop test, but even though my stingrays are made better, I have barely touched them since I got my Akuma clone two weeks ago. That says something, as my locking rings on my stingrays are one finger, and if done right, one spin. Both my stingrays fire smooth and reliably, now, but the switch on the akuma is so much nicer. Very responsive and short throw, and fires pretty much anywhere you touch it. It comes with a spring, too, if you desire that. I haven't touched it.

The authentic Akumas released a new switch and locking ring, so I'd recommend either getting a v2 authentic Akuma, or waiting until a new batch of clones releases with the new switch. The switch can be bought for 42 bucks, and my clone is supposed to be 1:1, but I'm not risking the money, since it might not fit, and that would put me about halfway to the authentic, invested in a clone.

Again, the Akuma rocks, but has faults. If I had the coin I would buy an authentic v2 immediately, and that says something. I have 3 clones, and really want to save up for an authentic now.

The king III copper, and penny copper interest me as well. Seem recommended, and look gorgeous. Just wish they had magnets, but I know the king can be upgraded. Also, the copper Pegasus looks awesome, it's clone is on pre order. I would look at that, too. It's only supposed to have a .08 voltage drop according to Twisted420's review. That's nothing.

porkchopbun

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2013
Northern CALI, USA
A good switch that fires without sticking and lower voltage drop

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

I don't think there is perfect switch to be honest...closest for me is the GP Paps..but that isn't what your looking for...I think with any mod..there is some work to be done but I think all and in you'll be happy with the
Copper Nemesis (Magnet upgrade or high quality spring), Stingray, lot of people are going crazy for the 4nine, and as State O' Flux stated the Akuma.

I have one Copper mod..hits pretty hard but even then it the throw is hard to push (strong magnets)..it's give and take relationaship with any mechanical mod

Jdbaker82

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2014
United States
If you're looking for an all-copper clone that's good quality, try the copper Panzer. I don't usually use clones, but this one hits like a freakin' beast....

I was actually looking at this one too and read good things about it thanks!

Peppie

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2013
Bonney Lake Wa, US of A
I have several copper mods some clones some legit. The best working switch is on the infinite Red Copper Stingray. (took me an hour of TLC) Next would be "THE COPPER" Legit, but since you aked about the clone side , I also have the Pegasus by Vapetech. The switch is great right out of the box. But the locking ring is but ugly!! I took it to the disk sander and got the knerling knocked off, and decreased the overall diam. The threads on the locking ring sloppy! It works really well, but sloppy. I also found that the top cap had a very very very stiff floating center pin. I had to use a punch and a hammer to get it to accept my Magma. Over all a good mod for the price.

wrath186

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
Scranton, PA
I have two copper mods; a Nemisis clone and an authentic Vanilla. The switch on the Nemi is a bit "crunchy", even with the magnet upgrade, but the throw is short. The Vanilla is super smooth, buttery even, but not magnetic. I don't know if this is a deal breaker or not. Both are awesome. I use the Nemi for when I'm lounging around with friends. The Vanilla is for when I'm out and about. It runs off of 18350 with a Kayfun nano kit. I'm not stealth vaping per se, but there are times when I just want to vape and not have to explain/educate every five minutes.

Jdbaker82

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2014
United States
I have the fasttech Pegasus and it is actually very very nice.

Yeah I did a lot of research and from what I found all 3 of these from fasttech are nice the king III I had a insider give me the info on it since I don't think they released it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread