Zamplebox - Good or Bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Augmxnted

Aug 28, 2017
Have no experience with it but getting a box of unknown flavors every month would not be something I would care to do. Might be good ones, might not.
well when you sign up you punch in the kind of flavors you like and dislike and they have an algorithim that picks the flavors they send you.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I really do think (and I looked at it) that I can do a much better job spending $60 a month on juices and gear, I don't need some random person doing my shopping for me, I like to shop, and their stuff looked emphatically not dope, to put it bluntly.

That said, I think subscription services are a tool of the devil anyway....

Anna

73neb

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2014
N. California Bay Area
Tried it for a year, 6 juices a month. Very professionally done, but found four juices out of 72 that I would buy again. The juices were all good quality, just not to my liking. I am pretty picky with flavors. On the plus side, it is cheaper than buying them individually at a b&m.

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
I've heard some people that have had good experiences, but I've read nothing but bad coming from them as a company. I'd compare them to Uber- sure they'll probably get you to your destination, but I'd rather vote with my wallet and not support their company.

Many of their offenses are old news now, so this is probably an out of date stance, but I don't like their past as a company. Just my two cents.

Robby Wilson

Sep 21, 2014
Chicago, Illinois
I like the concept, but I frankly already have WAY more juice than I need already. I am relatively new and am taken in by the novelty. I have 13 bottles of juice sitting next to me on the desk right now. More in the car, and a few more stashed in my desk at work. If anything, I need to cut down on my juice purchases.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
:offtopic:
That said, I think subscription services are a tool of the devil anyway....

Anna
Not all subscription services are bad. Many moons ago there was a subscription service offered by Columbia House. They would give you like 20 cd’s for a penny.....ONE PENNY!!!! that’s a deal too good to be true. Because then they would send cd’s you didn’t want and charge full price if you didn’t return it. Considering your observation that all subscription services are tools of the devil makes me think you may have had dealing with Columbia House and their epic deal. They knew how to take advantage of my love of music and lack of money. DAMN YOU COLUMBIA HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!:evil::evil::evil:

• Agree
Reactions: BackDoc

papergoblin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
alabama
They only have a limited amount of flavors in my vape shop and its the only vape shop in my town (i live in the suburbs). so im seriously considering trying out their middle priced option for a month or two....

If you're not picky then go for it but if you are picky, don't. My cousin did it for about 6 months, reason he quit was due to repeat stuff. I think he said he was able to rate stuff and if he didn't like it, he wouldn't get it again. He still got things he didn't like and they didn't have very many different brands, course this was over a year ago.

I have heard that the higher the plan you get, the better stuff you get, not just quantity. So for that aspect, you'd be better off just randomly picking stuff from MBV and the like, if you're not going all in.

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
I tried it when a few years ago (2014 I think). Set my profile for tobacco flavors and got mostly sweet fruity flavors and one RY4 type (I did not like it as I am not a RY4 fan). I asked them why and they said at the time they did not have many tobacco flavors. I quit my subscription after a few months as I kept getting repeats of that same RY4 each month along with more sweet fruity stuff. Was better off trying stuff from random sites as the stuff sent was just not something I would even try.

BackDoc

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2010
Galts Gulch
:offtopic:
Not all subscription services are bad. Many moons ago there was a subscription service offered by Columbia House. They would give you like 20 cd’s for a penny.....ONE PENNY!!!! that’s a deal too good to be true. Because then they would send cd’s you didn’t want and charge full price if you didn’t return it. Considering your observation that all subscription services are tools of the devil makes me think you may have had dealing with Columbia House and their epic deal. They knew how to take advantage of my love of music and lack of money. DAMN YOU COLUMBIA HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!:evil::evil::evil:
Remember it well.......also there was BMG

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
The other thing I dislike about subscription services is that with some of them you have to be a combination of Houdini and Einstein to make them STOP. Sometimes it's easier to just CANCEL the card and get a new one. I had to do that with a (forget which) subscription, and that started my dislike of them. My dislike continues. :)

I will not order anything in a "repeated" fashion on Amazon, even though I do get repetitive things from them, and it's slightly cheaper. Yes, like 10 c cheaper and then I have to "deal" with it if I want the packages to shop.

I have disallowed subscription services except Hulu and Netflix because it's actually cheaper than a cable package and we can get all our "local" stations by this interesting and outdated concept called the "antenna for the television" and they're delightfully zany.

Anna

• Agree
Reactions: BackDoc

go_player

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2012
USA
well when you sign up you punch in the kind of flavors you like and dislike and they have an algorithim that picks the flavors they send you.

An algorithm, huh? Seems legit.

The thing about recommendation algorithms is that they thrive on data. And when I say data, I mean "lots and lots of data." Netflix can kind of sort of recommend things to you, because they have hundreds of millions of data points. But their recommendations still kind of of suck, right?

I'm a bit skeptical that there's much in the way of significant "algorithm" here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread