Zeus Mesh Coils Not Detected By Aegis Max

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevco

Jul 21, 2014
Pennsylvania
Hi All- I’ve been vaping for the better part of 10 years, sub ohm since it became an option. I recently purchased a Geek Vape Aegis Max kit with the Zeus tank. I’m using genuine ZO.4 coils properly installed per Geek Vape’s videos, instructions etc. I like the combo but I’m having sporadic issues with the mod “losing” the coil. I get a “coil not detected” message on the screen and it won’t recognize the coil until I fiddle with the tank, unscrew base, reinstall coil, sometimes just slightly tightening the base of tank will cause it to recognize the coil. This has occurred on 3 separate coils. I also have trouble getting the mod to “see” the coil when installing new coils. Lots of fiddling with it. If I remove the tank from the mod and put on a coil resistance meter it will always recognize the coil and ohm out at .4 ohms give or take. Today the mod lost the coil at least 10 times while I was at work. Very annoying. I’ll also mention that the mod has no trouble with other tanks. My Aspire Cleito is fine. This is the first tank I’ve used that doesn’t have a base that screws into the coils and I’m assuming this may have something to do with my issues.
Anybody have any experience or insight to offer?
Thanks in advance!
Kevco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread