Not open for further replies.

squirrel64

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2010
Va Skyline Drive Shenandoah River
Looks very similar to this

3A Adjustable step down switching voltage regulator

and you won't be disappointed at all. These things take knocks, drops and whatever you can throw at them and they're built like tanks. But I usually have to take the outer sheath off and grind the side of the pcb down somewhat to fit in a AA slot but have had no problems. Give one a try an let us know !!

Last edited:

squirrel64

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2010
Va Skyline Drive Shenandoah River
Can't speak for the op, but the less soldering I have to do the better. I think the one I have listed is worth the price to me because of the ruggedness. In one of my mods I (twice) accidently left button firing while laying the mod down. melted down both atties and tips. Completely drained the batteries. Upon getting home I popped in 2 fresh batteries and a new carto and have been using it for months now. They pay for themselves in my case ! And the hit these things provide is mindblowing. I just feel more comfortable buying this and building a vv mod that I have 0 complaints about

SAM_0314.jpg

Last edited:

hardenc10

Jul 13, 2011
Texas
Can't speak for the op, but the less soldering I have to do the better. I think the one I have listed is worth the price to me because of the ruggedness. In one of my mods I (twice) accidently left button firing while laying the mod down. melted down both atties and tips. Completely drained the batteries. Upon getting home I popped in 2 fresh batteries and a new carto and have been using it for months now. They pay for themselves in my case ! And the hit these things provide is mindblowing. I just feel more comfortable buying this and building a vv mod that I have 0 complaints about

View attachment 45561
I can't see the built in potentiometer.....did you modify it to use an external one???

CraigHB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2010
Reno, Nevada
I was talking in terms of current output, the OKR-T/6 has 6 Amps versus 3A for the other parts.

You're not going to get 13 Volts out of a buck regulator unless you apply 13V plus the dropout. So, with two 3.7V cells, you won't be able to output any more than 7.4V less droput. I don't know about the part you linked to, but dropout for the DimensionEngineering part, is 1.2 Volts. When that one is powerd by two Li-Ion cells, it won't output a whole lot more than 6V. I don't know exactly. Someone who has used that part could tell you for sure.

I suppose you could power your part with 3 cells if you wanted to output higher voltages, but running an atomizer over 6V doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. If the 12W you get with a 3Ω atomizer still isn't enough, you could use a 2Ω atomizer and get 18W. Though, I don't see how vaping with that much power would be anything but unpleasant. Even the dual coils (which handle high power better than anything else) put out really hot vapors at 6V.

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
Looks very similar to this

3A Adjustable step down switching voltage regulator

and you won't be disappointed at all. These things take knocks, drops and whatever you can throw at them and they're built like tanks.
For some folks time is money, just sourcing the correct parts for the home assembled units takes time. One stop and just $1.25 shipping makes a whole lotta sense.

The other thing about the Dimension is this.

Warranty Information

Dimension Engineering offers a full 1 year manufacturers warranty. If any product fails within one year of the purchase date we will replace the product at no charge.
After 1 year we will either repair the item or the item can be replaced for 50% of the retail cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread