Zippo Wick, does the trick

Status
Not open for further replies.

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
I am a GUY from L.A. not girl. lol
Kind of expensive; $1 for one cart, but wick material may be available in higher quantities for cheaper. Basically it is a cotton wick with coper wire woven into it, designed to pull lighter fluid to the heat source(exactly what we need!). There is absolutely NO TASTE from it at all. I used a cappaccino flavor that I didn't care for, and for the first time it actually tastes like it is supposed to. Basically you put one end of a NEW wick down all the way to the bottom of the cart and bend the wick at the top of the cart. Pull the wick out, double it over at the bend you made and cut the long end to match the other. Now make second piece just like the first, and insert both wicks loop side down into the cart. It took at least 10 drops, but I did have to push the dropper down in between the wick ends to get it wet before filling. It fills a little slow, but well worth it. Much more abundant vapor, very smooth and consistent every time. Plus NO taste what so ever. I'll report back in a couple days, and research the material to see if it is available in bulk for cheaper. But in this case, it was free as I no longer have a use for spare wick for my Zippo.:2cool:

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
Started getting a burning taste early on, I thought it might be some loose fibers burning so I trimmed it. FAIL. Just got worse the longer I used it. I believe it is wicking TOO MUCH juice, as evident by the fact that the atty doesn't get even warm during use. When I cleaned the atty, got lot's of brown runoff. So, I believe that it floods the atty. DON"T ATTEMPT. I think I am going to try the3 screen methode.

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
I have been using the blue foam for six months now. Bought one package from the pet store for around twelve bucks. Still have 80% of it left. If you haven't heard of it there is a ton of info on this forum about it.

I'm trying to get away from ANY poly. I hate the way it tastes. Have heard about, but I'm not interested. I am currently converting to tea bags...works OK, but doesn't wick enough.

This is the product I am going to try:

HempTraders.com suppliers of hemp, hemp fabric, hemp clothing and hemp products

or

or possibly this if it fits in the cart, and doesn't take up too much space

I trust natural hemp products, they are very safe(not alot of pesticides or fertilizers required), no added chemicals...and it's unmentionable cousin has never killed anyone.:2c:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread