I think im going back to regulated mods lol...

The60WattGUY

Feb 7, 2023
Hey guys,

Ive been using couple mechs for about a month now or so its nice i like it,
But ive noticed that regulated mods are way more powerful probably because it has more volts?
Anyway i think imma take my atties off and batteries out and put them on display and just go back to regulated only,
sure i might play with my mechs in the future for fun but as a all day daily vape?
Nah...
Regulated just performs better and also keeps the vape the same till the battery runs out but thats understandable,
Its also alot safer for me too,
Mechs are nice for a vapacolypse tho so i am happy i bought them still and i will play with them but technology improved so much they are no longer
King of clouds imo...

What you guys think?
Any of you in same position?
If i compare them it deffently beats it performance wise i know i could build lower for bigger clouds but then again the vape drops as you go is not not avoidable..
Anyway i still like and love them dont get me wrong but as an ADV it doesnt perform as well which i knew ahead of time but wanted to see it for my self.

But for now back to VW VV mods
My mechs will be for playing around/hobbyist, since i got 4 mechs i wont be buying more i think its plenty for that

Oh yea one of my mechs came out of the box with a sticky fire button too it hangs but since exchanging it is to late and i got 3 more of the same mod ill just use a fire switch from another mod i guess so the tube is still usable lol but i noticed quality control isnt as good as regulated mods too for some reason

Anyway thats my story and opinion on what i think of them after using it :)

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
While I do have several mechs (and fuse units and kicks) in the vapocalypse box, until then I'm strictly regulated.

Yes, the layers of protection are good :)

But, as you say, getting the same vape across the battery, not having to be overly careful of coil resistance, not needing to wind for, say, 3.8 volts and getting harsh vapes when fully charged and wimpy when not ;)

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    Two of my reg mods are VW, one is VW, VV, and has a BYPASS or 'mech-like' mode, and I have one mod that is truly a mech. I also have a reg mod that is 'mech-like' all the time.

The thing I like most about regulated mods, besides their 'added safeties and protections', is certainly the 'consistent power' factor, so I'd have to agree with you on that. The reasons my mech will always stay in my 'still in use' list are because it has only a fire 'button' and no LED's or display panels or other switches or dials, and I find myself very partial to the slow voltage decline of the battery and those effects on the whole vaping thing. Kinda like when a flashlight shines bright, then bright enough for a while until it's not bright enough anymore, I guess.

DPLongo22

"Vert De Ferk"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    I'd just much rather change a power setting than worry about having to make a perfect coil, time and again, plus I've never taken well to the changing vape as the battery depletes.

I'm set in my ways at this point, with absolutely no reason to change. Regulated mods for the win here, always and without exception.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
    Sep 16, 2017
    Well, I kinda do the same thing but I use my mech so seldom, I sometimes need to brush up on ohms law. The tsunami is a tube mech and I also have a VV semi regulated mod that I like to use sometimes as well. But a regulated mod = easy. So there is that

The60WattGUY

Feb 7, 2023
    @DPLongo22 yep i have to agree, regulated mods are miles ahead but then again mechs look cool and will never rly break but meh ill save those for vapacolypse...
    I wish they had more regulated mods that look and acts like a mech like a tube like mod, seems like it doesnt rly exist exept for a few but they are expansive like dicodes have one..
    Or they are retro like the vamo,evic etc..

If i was rich and i could start a vape company i would release variable wattage/voltage tube mods with a screen lcd on the side..
    Why dont they do this? Its all box mods, the single battery box mods come close but its still not a tube more like half a box lol

The60WattGUY

Feb 7, 2023
    @tj99959 true a good dripper on a good mech is nice but vape drops off quickly tbh a dripper on a regulated mod would probably perform better and for longer, its just fact but thats because it has electronics parts so make sense it does more...
    But mechs do last forever exept for one mech i received one with a fire switch that sticks no matter what i do came out of box like that but since i got another one of the same mod ill just toss the switch and keep the tube body since i can still use that, would exchange it but its been like 3 weeks probably to late ah well lol

The60WattGUY

Feb 7, 2023
    @DPLongo22 yea regulated FTW, mechs were good when regulated mods was still low powered when it was only 20-30watts max, mechs use to be better if you want like 100 watts but now we got regulated devices that are 200-220w easily you can even find devices that are 300-400watts regulated , mechs are outdated compared to that imo..
    I just rly like the look and feel of these tube mods just wish they came out with regulated versions, its all box mods tubes has completely died out

DPLongo22

"Vert De Ferk"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    @DPLongo22 yep i have to agree, regulated mods are miles ahead but then again mechs look cool and will never rly break but meh ill save those for vapacolypse...
    I wish they had more regulated mods that look and acts like a mech like a tube like mod, seems like it doesnt rly exist exept for a few but they are expansive like dicodes have one..

If i was rich and i could start a vape company i would release variable wattage/voltage tube mods with a screen lcd on the side..
    Why dont they do this? Its all box mods, the single battery box mods come close but its still not a tube more like half a box lol

You just need a time machine back to pre-2015 level, when the large majority of top-notch mods were tubes. I still have a bunch of them, and I still use them.

@DPLongo22 yea regulated FTW, mechs were good when regulated mods was still low powered when it was only 20-30watts max, mechs use to be better if you want like 100 watts but now we got regulated devices that are 200-220w easily you can even find devices that are 300-400watts regulated , mechs are outdated compared to that imo..
    I just rly like the look and feel of these tube mods just wish they came out with regulated versions, its all box mods tubes has completely died out

I liked regulated all the way back to when they were even lower than 20w. Vaping is a very personal thing, so there is no "right" or "wrong". We had/have the luxury of doing exactly what we want. I'm not sure how much longer that will last, but it's freaking awesome.

There are still a lot of folks out there who would probably sell some of their old tubes. I'm not one of them, but I know they're out there. Have you considered a WTB ad in the classies?

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA

As DP mentioned, regulated tubes were de rigeur for a long time, still have a bunch myself. But the box form is more compact, easier to pocket carry, so that's where they've (the makers) mostly gone.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    the Universe
    I've been using mechs for a good number of years. About 1/2 the mods in my rotation of 8-12 setups are always mechs. That has not changed over the years.

Is a mech better than a regulated mod??? That depends who you ask. I don't wade into the waters of "is this or that better or best".

FWIW, there are still a good number of die-hard mech users around. Not so many posting on ECF these days. Mech users do post daily on other vape forums, Facebook groups and elsewhere.

My personal opinion is whatever someone prefers is "best" for them. And as has been already stated, there is no right or wrong, and one is not better than the other.

Bottom line, it's all about personal preference. :thumbs:

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    Well, I kinda do the same thing but I use my mech so seldom, I sometimes need to brush up on ohms law. The tsunami is a tube mech and I also have a VV semi regulated mod that I like to use sometimes as well. But a regulated mod = easy. So there is that
    Same here with the mechs. Got to keep them around just in case. I dig one out once in a while to stay familiar. But I use them with around 1.2 ohm coils so there isn't so much to worry about going wrong.

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    A tubular mech mod isn't going to be much longer than the length of the battery. However a tubular regulated mod has to be longer than the battery to account for the electronics, which is why regulated mods are more commonly box mods, because they need not add the extra length.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    the Universe
    There are several dual battery tube mechs these days. I've seen them as dual 18650 and 21700.

mod-stacke-1.jpg

That is much ( like, MUCH as in MUCH ) more power than I require. :greengrin:

:lol: :lol:

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas

Users who are viewing this thread