Janty Neo Classic New Product "Back To The Basics"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jin_888

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2012
london
Hello all, new member here. Joined up to post on this thread!

I would just like to chime in on the faulty puromizers thing. It would be great if Janty did monitor the batches of puromizers being produced as, like some others here, I have had issues with them. Both puromizers that came with my manual kit were not wicking properly even with Janty PG RY4 Elixir and so I sent them back to Toby. I have come to expect problems with new products but the real test for me is vendor service in dealing with those problems. To his credit, Toby agreed to personally test my replacements before sending them to me, which is excellent in my view. Should be receiving the new puros today. Can't wait to see if they are as good as reviewers say when wicking properly...and rest assured you will hear about it if they don't ;)

pmos69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2011
Portugal
My Pyromiser wicks very well with 100% VG supplemented with 15% water.

There are just variations in the units, it seems.
I got a working one and a faulty one.
The faulty one just can't wick properly. Full charged battery, half charge, or end of charge, always burn taste.
BUT, If I put it on a 510 auto battery (Not a very pretty sight), that has double the airflow vents on the battery connector, it works ok.
Makes one wish Janty had put more vent holes in the neo battery connector and gave the user more airflow regulation freedom/margin when using the airflow ring. (The outer airflow vents on the puromizer)
Of course, that would only be effective for the models with the airflow ring anyway.

Mik_Janty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2009
Denmark
There are just variations in the units, it seems.
I got a working one and a faulty one.
The faulty one just can't wick properly. Full charged battery, half charge, or end of charge, always burn taste.
BUT, If I put it on a 510 auto battery (Not a very pretty sight), that has double the airflow vents on the battery connector, it works ok.
Makes one wish Janty had put more vent holes in the neo battery connector and gave the user more airflow regulation freedom/margin when using the airflow ring. (The outer airflow vents on the puromizer)
Of course, that would only be effective for the models with the airflow ring anyway.

If this is on the auto battery, try removing the silicone ring covering the LED at the bottom and problem should be solved. We are looking into a possible solution for this. Mind you, that im not saying the autos are defective, just that in cases like you are describing, this will alleviate the problem.

When i use the auto battery in my kuwako, i remove that ring, and it really makes a big difference.

pmos69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2011
Portugal
If this is on the auto battery, try removing the silicone ring covering the LED at the bottom and problem should be solved. We are looking into a possible solution for this. Mind you, that im not saying the autos are defective, just that in cases like you are describing, this will alleviate the problem.

When i use the auto battery in my kuwako, i remove that ring, and it really makes a big difference.

Will do, Mik.
Thanks.

jozbaldwin

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2009
Just to be sure, when you guys talk about burnt taste on the puros you mean that kinda smoky flavor and the feeling of something scratching your troath? If thats what you're talking about its happening to me too. When I open the silicon refill cap it seems to fix it, but besides beeing a temporary solution, yesterday my battery got soaking wet with e liquid after smoking it like this for a while.

I'm using the puromizer with an ego battery, still haven't been able to purchase the neo kit.

Mik_Janty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2009
Denmark
The puromizer is ment to be used with a Janty NEO Classic battery - if youre using an ego clone, your experience in burnt taste may vary, seeing as some of these clones are definately not delivering the balanced output that we want them to, in order to have a nice vaping experience with the Puromizer.

As far as we know, there is one problem - and this problem is limited to certain scenarios:

When smoking the auto batt, it helps to remove the silicone ring at the end of the battery (covering the LED) for those users who feel its getting a bit too hot/burnt.

Now, as for the rest goes, when people are using the neo classic batteries (auto or manual) with a good PG liquid, then there are minimal to no problems. The problems come from people using "PG" liquid, that is infact a bit too thick, or from using mods with the puromizer that deliver too much voltage/or clones of the ego, delivering a non balanced output.

Just thought id set this straight. If you want the full NEO classic experience, get a full neo classic set, and use a good PG liquid on it (Janty / others that are infact PG, and not 50/50 mixes) - its optimized for usage this way.

JustMeAgain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2009
Springfield, MO
Now, as for the rest goes, when people are using the neo classic batteries (auto or manual) with a good PG liquid, then there are minimal to no problems. The problems come from people using "PG" liquid, that is infact a bit too thick, or from using mods with the puromizer that deliver too much voltage/or clones of the ego, delivering a non balanced output.

Deleting this - I misread the quoted post...:blush:

Last edited:

JustMeAgain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2009
Springfield, MO
No - i mean that alot of liquid vendors claim that their PG is PG, when it is infact PG mixed with 30-40-50% VG. So people think they are using the "right" PG liquid, but infact theyre using PG that has been changed with VG in order to give more vapor. :)

Sorry about that. I had misread what you'd written - I deleted my post because I don't want to confuse anyone.

Actually, I did a little experiment that supports what you're saying: I was getting some burnt taste and, having read your post that some supposedly 'all PG' liquids do contain VG, I added some plain PG and it did minimize the problem. Of course, it did not go away entirely because I didn't remove the liquid that was already there, but diluting it down did make a big difference.

Last edited:

JustMeAgain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2009
Springfield, MO
It goes back on just fine.. i tried it a couple of times since I saw Mik mention it and the silicone ring still looks as good as new.. no deformation, etc.

Thanks for the info, SK...

It would be cool if they offered a kit with one airflow and one classic battery. :vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread