Mexican Cartel Fruits Rouges Cassis Framboise

Status
Not open for further replies.

killkimotester

ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2022
Hungary
Mexican Cartel Fruits Rouges Cassis Framboise
I chose a promising blend of raspberries, blackcurrants and red fruits from the French producer for today's test, which I hope will deliver the flavours I was hoping for.I blended it at 10%, the manufacturer's recommended blend is 12%, which in hindsight turns out to be a sweet under-mix. So 10% didn't give anything to write home about, so I ended up with 15%, which did deliver the flavours. The picture on the bottle says it contains a cooling agent, but I refute that. There is no noticeable menthol in it as well as cooling. The scent is a blend of subtle fruits, from which you cannot determine the scent of the fruits given. Okay, here's the taste. Blackcurrant, like blueberries in it, but I don't detect any other red fruits. Although they are not red fruits either, but maybe they misspelled the description :). The taste is sweet, a bit tart and has a dry effect. But where are the raspberries and other red fruits? The pungent and slightly tart flavour of blackcurrant completely overpowers any other fruit, if there is any. There's a lot of inconsistency in the aroma, which makes it not a "red fruit" but rather a berry forest fruit effect for me. In this case, Mexican Kartel has certainly fooled us, but I wouldn't pull any punches :). And then there's the big "But" at the end, which is entirely appropriate for a sweet blackcurrant jam, and could even be a favourite in many fruit flavour steamer circles.

Attachments

• fruits-rouges-cassis-framboise.jpg
    fruits-rouges-cassis-framboise.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread