Status
Not open for further replies.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Hello Odysseus fans, Next week( I hope) I will be the proud owner of an Odysseus V2. Im sure I will have some questions and need some guidence, like all new to this. Ive been dabbling in rebuildables and since my introduction to vaporizers the GG line has intrigued me. I saw an Ody atty before I even started and being a lover of beautiful stainless steel I fell in love. Ive been studying all I can and reading all the articles on rebuildables and thought like most new in the world of vape that its was out of my capacity of use and especially price range. Ive gone back and forth deciding I dont really need it etc.

I kept putting myself on the waiting list for the Odysseus with no avail. I put myself on the list for a Zen atty, with no avail. I got a Vivi Nova, a couple of Phoenix RA and I really like setting up an atomizer head.

Looked into many of the other very nice and well made atties at the price range of 100-200, but the total length always bothered me. The Ody was just perfect, same size as a good pyrex carto tank. I find 3-4 mls is a perfect size.

I saw the how to videos and kept looking and the more I saw them and the more wicks and coils I made the Ody was pretty straight forward and simple. ( Im sure watching and making will be a different story)

So to make this to the point, I bought an Ody V2 in the classifieds. It hasnt shipped yet, but im very excited and I want to make a few wires ahead of time. I bought some kanthal 32 and some sterling silver non-resistance. I also bought some Nextel ceramic silica wick. Can I use cotton? I have some of that too. Does the non-resistance wire need to be a bit thicker than the kanthal?

One more thing, as I am very confused I know that the difference between the V1 and V2 are minor but what about the Iatty?
Is that just another name for either of them , and which came first of these. Most of the photos I see,the Iatty looks longer than the Ody short mode.

I thank you for any information and clarification. I love the Ody so much, Im having a custom mod made just for it. Its not a GG but it will be beautiful none the less. I ordered custom powder coating in a chrome titanium color with Nickel detailing. It will be kicked. I think it will be beautiful and best of all, its a one of a kind and unique for me.

Last edited:

kwalka

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
walkers-finest.com
I have many RBAs of all types, and my Ody will never leave my possesion. It is by far the best vape and easiest setup of all. It is a simple as the videos make it look. Here's a tip for you, I was surprised to here not a lot of people were doing this. You only need 1 NR leg, for the positive side of the coil. The neg side can just be trimmed when you trim the wick tails. Just be sure to properly tuck the neg leg under the wick in the channel. Enjoy!

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.

Jojobo

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2012
Northeast USA
Love love love me some iatty. As many know, I am hooked on the iatty. It may be the predecessor but IMHO the oddy and the penny are far different than the iatty. Nothing compares to the flavor of the iatty but the ody is easier to set up only because of the size of the ceramic. It all depends on a preference. Can't go wrong really.

Scott_Simpson

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2012
Fort Wayne, IN
Congratulations on your acquisition! I'm sure you'll love it, and frankly, I can't help being a bit envious ... I have two Penelopes and love them both, but someday I hope to add an Ody to keep them company. I am using 40-thread cheesecloth wicks in both of the Pennys and I'm getting great taste and perfect wicking ... I keep my juice control cracked open half a turn and there's never a dry hit from full tank to last drop. I just got some of the new 3.5 wick from COV, so as soon as one of these coils finally dies (they seem to last forever with a simple cleaning after each tank), I'll give the silica another try ...

Enjoy, enjoy ... :laugh:

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
its 50mm in length ana. Its one of the smallest rebuildable tanks around. Of course its not Ody at 39mm but its thinner (21mm in width) and carries 5 ml of liquid:)
thanks, there are a couple Iattys in the classifieds. Only thing that kept me from the iatty was the overall length, a bit too long for me.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Scott, I have a Greek friend and when he sees other people that vape another atomizer than Ody or Penelope and they complain about burn taste without a reason or burn taste when they try a little higher volts, he always tells them: "Turn the mouthpiece" :lol:
Congratulations on your acquisition! I'm sure you'll love it, and frankly, I can't help being a bit envious ... I have two Penelopes and love them both, but someday I hope to add an Ody to keep them company. I am using 40-thread cheesecloth wicks in both of the Pennys and I'm getting great taste and perfect wicking ... I keep my juice control cracked open half a turn and there's never a dry hit from full tank to last drop. I just got some of the new 3.5 wick from COV, so as soon as one of these coils finally dies (they seem to last forever with a simple cleaning after each tank), I'll give the silica another try ...

Enjoy, enjoy ... :laugh:

Scott_Simpson

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2012
Fort Wayne, IN
Scott, I have a Greek friend and when he sees other people that vape another atomizer than Ody or Penelope and they complain about burn taste without a reason or burn taste when they try a little higher volts, he always tells them: "Turn the mouthpiece" :lol:

LOL ... sometimes, Imeo, things are too simple for some people!

ohman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2012
missouri
Love my ody..... even makes the bolt look good

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1350846154775.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1350846154775.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 50

Scott_Simpson

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2012
Fort Wayne, IN

The more I thought about this, the funnier it got. I can just imagine him saying that to someone vaping, say, a Vivi Nova and then having a laugh watching them frantically twisting the drip tip, trying to do the Penelope/Ody mouthpiece adjustment trick. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread