Not open for further replies.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
I'd suggest 2 batteries, so when one needs a recharge you aren't stuck waiting.

Two lg hg2 would be a decent starter pair:

LG HG2 18650 3000mAh 20A Battery

I wouldn't drive the hg2 battery to 75w, but they're fine to 60. (It'll likely be some time, if ever, before you want to go to that power)

For a charger I might recommend going with an xtar, like:
XTAR SV2 2 Channel Rapid Battery Charger

There are certain companies known to do charging well. xtar and nitecore are commonly recommended.

Last edited:

Houndstooth

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2016
Cape Ann, MA
ok. i confess i couldn't wait until tomorrow. i think i'm going with your recommendation. here's my choices:

Eleaf iStick Pico 75W TC Starter Kit
$ 36.99
Sony VTC5 18650 2600 mAh 30A Battery
$ 10.99
Eleaf EC2 Replacement Coils
$ 12.59
Efest PRO C2 Battery Charger
$12.95
VERDE VALLEY VAPES
Rich Tobacco Chocolate Iced Donut
$14+$7.95ship
these flavors are 65pg/35vg
is good? no?

locked and loaded, ready to order. need some feedback on my choices

Yep. Looks perfect. Make sure you get two batteries. I'd get a couple flavors of juice just to experiment. You're smart to get one tobacco rooted as you did (though I happened to tire of it fast favoring dessert flavors - to each their own). You'll figure that out. It's part of the fun. Verde does only one PG/VG ratio 35/65 focussed on cloud production. Fine for now. I like a 50/50 ratio when I mix for more throat hit. Worry about that much later.

When it arrives watch a YT video about setting up a Pico. Congrats! You'll never look back.

BTW, I have a nitecore charger per another mention. :dunno: They're well respected.

Last edited:
Reactions: toneman2121

toneman2121

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2019
philly
Yep. Looks perfect. Make sure you get two batteries. I'd get a couple flavors of juice just to experiment. You're smart to get one tobacco rooted as you did (though I happened to tire of it fast favoring dessert flavors - to each their own). You'll figure that out. It's part of the fun. Verde does only one PG/VG ratio 35/65 focussed on cloud production. Fine for now. I like a 50/50 ratio when I mix for more throat hit. Worry about that much later.

When it arrives watch a YT video about setting up a Pico. Congrats! You'll never look back.

BTW, I have a nitecore charger per another mention. :dunno: They're well respected.
forgot to ask about nicotine level. 3, 6, or 12? what say you?

and thank you for your help. i wouldn't know where to start. luckily i thought of visiting a forum. plenty of veterans with experience to hit on for information. and the other people who suggested gear probably made good choices also but i went with your gear. so i'm coming back to you if and WHEN i need more after purchase advice. :headbang:
wattage, temperature, resistance OH MY!

thanks again, Houndstooth

i switched chargers to nitcore and saved 4 bucks

Reactions: Houndstooth

Houndstooth

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2016
Cape Ann, MA
forgot to ask about nicotine level. 3, 6, or 12? what say you?

and thank you for your help. i wouldn't know where to start. luckily i thought of visiting a forum. plenty of veterans with experience to hit on for information. and the other people who suggested gear probably made good choices also but i went with your gear. so i'm coming back to you if and WHEN i need more after purchase advice. :headbang:
wattage, temperature, resistance OH MY!

thanks again, Houndstooth

i switched chargers to nitcore and saved 4 bucks

Right on. There's many here with considerably more knowledge than I, but I'm leading you right for a solid start. As for juice, since you're coming fresh off cigs (21mg), get 12mg. From there, over time, you can titrate down all the way to 0mg if you like.

As for wattage and the like you can just play around. The Pico has many little electronic features, but I still today just set it on 23W and vape. It's been more advanced then I've ever wanted or needed. Do come back for additional advice. It's a good community who helped me get my vape legs. Cheers!

toneman2121

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2019
philly
Right on. There's many here with considerably more knowledge than I, but I'm leading you right for a solid start. As for juice, since you're coming fresh off cigs (21mg), get 12mg. From there, over time, you can titrate down all the way to 0mg if you like.

As for wattage and the like you can just play around. The Pico has many little electronic features, but I still today just set it on 23W and vape. It's been more advanced then I've ever wanted or needed. Do come back for additional advice. It's a good community who helped me get my vape legs. Cheers!
earlybird gets the...vape

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
wouldn't you recommend juul?
No,, cuz at first you likely will need to vape a lot until you are converted.. eventually you will hate the low juul battery life and their proprietary power cord. If you want a simple pod,, go a vape store not a gas station ask for a Zero / other brand,,, they look like chunky USB storage devices. Much better battery life/power. $25-$30. Meantime just watch these boards/YouTube .

If you're wanting a regular device,, thats cool too ( heed the advise to avoid Smok) nearly any regulated mod can be dialed into any kind of vaping style so you can figure it out what works for you. Granted my shopping would have ended rather quickly had I started out with a squonker,,, but not everyone likes them.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US

Good advice! Learn how to "prime" a new coil, and how to slowly increase wattage to a new coil.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio

Houndstooth

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2016
Cape Ann, MA
You should still order that juice deal from VapeWild (did you understand it's only $4.44 including shipping?) Try 'Wrangler" and "RY4ever" tobacco juices and mix them.

Thanks for pushing this, so to speak... I breezed over it, but $4.44 shipped/120ml is a noteworthy
little promo. That'll cover me for nearly three weeks.

OP, order that but be sure to apply the promo code.

toneman2121

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2019
philly
Reactions: kross8

Houndstooth

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2016
Cape Ann, MA
Good choice on the Eleaf starter kit! That juice you mentioned sounds great, but are you sure of the VG/PG ratio? People get these mixed up very often... 65PG is very thin! Maybe it was 65VG?

Verde is 75%VG. I think what was stated was just an oversight given an abundance of new info.

• Agree

toneman2121

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2019
philly
Good choice on the Eleaf starter kit! That juice you mentioned sounds great, but are you sure of the VG/PG ratio? People get these mixed up very often... 65PG is very thin! Maybe it was 65VG?

you're correct, O sultan of the smokeless, except i was even more erroneous in that the ratio is 75vg/25pg. ;)

do you know of any way to adjust the ratio of a commercially made e-liquid? suppose my juice is 75vg/25pg and i want to thin it a bit. is there any substance i can add that will thin it and not ruin it?

Houndstooth

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2016
Cape Ann, MA
you're correct, O sultan of the smokeless, except i was even more erroneous in that the ratio is 75vg/25pg. ;)

do you know of any way to adjust the ratio of a commercially made e-liquid? suppose my juice is 75vg/25pg and i want to thin it a bit. is there any substance i can add that will thin it and not ruin it?

You can simply add more PG, but it'll throw your Nic ratio off. Some providers allow for different ratios (like that $4 option). At this stage I wouldn't let it consume you.

toneman2121

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2019
philly
You can simply add more PG, but it'll throw your Nic ratio off. Some providers allow for different ratios (like that $4 option). At this stage I wouldn't let it consume you.
my kit should be here today, on the truck out for delivery. the hitch is, i have no juice. but i can become familiar with it and it's functionality and form. and i have just enough smokes to last until tomorrow morning. I'll let you know if i start ripping my hair out while waiting for the juice

Reactions: Houndstooth
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread