Super-T Model Comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
also could anyone tell me if the p16 has juice leakage issues from the bottom of the atties ? I realized it has a juice well but that doesnt mean it cant leak ..so um, does it? I like to use LR atties and flood them to get a good th/flavor so my standard ego leaks like crazy :/

If you are able to get liquid in the batt tube, you would be the first and, it is a 99.9999999999999% probability of it ever happening. The positive post is a press fit.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
I have been vaping mine for 3 months give or take a few weeks and outside of the natural leaking of a 901 (because of the side hole) the well with a 510 fitted does not leak. Should it become flooded (the well) it gets sucked back in the atty.

The button, outside of having to align your pinky, activation is as simple as squeezing your hand and effortless.

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
How does everyone find the switch on the bottom of the tube ? Awkward to use or is it easy to get used to? To me it really seems like an awkward spot to have it but I could be wrong

I was concerned about that too prior to getting the P16. It takes a little getting used to, but after that, it's like riding a bike... very easy and natural... its more a matter of pressing the tube down onto a finger cradling the bottom than pressing the button up.

atavanhalen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Wolverine Lake, Michigan
not the battery tube .. I don't want it on my hands/fingers leaking around the threads...

How does everyone find the switch on the bottom of the tube ? Awkward to use or is it easy to get used to? To me it really seems like an awkward spot to have it but I could be wrong
I can not speak for everyone but it took less than a few hours for me to get used to bottom button. It feels totally natural to me now.

spivey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2009
VA
I've been looking at different mods again, and I've noticed a few familiar posters from the threads I usually troll so I think I might be in the right place.

What I have and am using are PS's mods. The Protege is in the junk drawer and I'm now using a V3. The wife's Protege ended up next to mine and she's using the old BB. The only batts we have are the ones for those mods - 17670s and 14500s. From reading here none of Super T's use these (bummer).

My question is what would you all recommend for the same (or better) vaping experience? I use BE112s (801) and the wife uses 510s. I'd like a smaller size (yes, sacrificing run time) as this V3 is a beast to drag around. I was looking at the P10. Would that be a match?

Vaporologist

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2010
Epic Journey
Hey spivey,

Your 17670 batt from the V3 will work with the P18, it's just slightly narrower than the AW18650. You will get the same performance from the P18 as you get from the V3 assuming you are using the same battery, atty and juice. But, the P18 is in a league of its own looks wise, it's very difficult to truly appreciate David's work until you hold one of his masterpieces in your hand...

If you vape at 3.7V and don't like carrying a big battery mod around with you, I would strongly suggest looking into the P16. The P16 is by far my absolute favorite device!!! It's small and compact yet offers powerful performance when paired with AW16340 IMR batts which can last between 5-12 hrs between charges, depending on your vaping habits of course. I also find it pretty pocket friendly.

Bottom line, whichever SuperT device you end up choosing, you will probably be more impressed than you can imagine now.....

progg

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2010
I have some AW 14500s. Will the P16 work with those?

And I use the LR BE112s; I've never like the LR 510s. Can't tell you why, they just don't click with me.

No, it's built for AW IMR 16340 or ICR. Other brands of 16340 fit but AW was what it was built around. It's considered the superior battery -- consistent size and quality.

I'm not crazy about LR 510s either although I find the 2.0 Ohm from IkenVape as an acceptable back up for the 2.0 Ohm 801 mini.

Last edited:

Vaporologist

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2010
Epic Journey

Vaporologist

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2010
Epic Journey
............... Stainless steel is the perfect metal of choice for the PV.

With all current options available, I agree 100%!

But I can't help but wonder what would a P16 made of titanium feel like. Who knows, maybe some day David releases a special limited edition and we'll find out............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread