The Super-Six from Super T Manufacturing!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RamShot Rowdy

Battery Police
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2009
Oklahoma, USA
Here are some comparison photos of the Excellerator LiFePo CR2's and the TrustFire Li-Ion CR2's from DealExtreme.

Attachments

• 100_0772.jpg
    100_0772.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 36
  • 100_0777.jpg
    100_0777.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 40

pipes1

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2009
Chandler, Arizona
hey pipes I take it you like the longer throw... I bet I will as well... lets you know that your making contact with the battery.

Yea Grimmer, I actually do like the longer throw. It is easier to feel the contact point and I tend to control it better that way. I am quickly learning the importance of that with 6 volts. Stay on the button to long and the atty fries. (A little bit of a learning curve here.)

pipes1

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2009
Chandler, Arizona
Yea Grimmer, I actually do like the longer throw. It is easier to feel the contact point and I tend to control it better that way. I am quickly learning the importance of that with 6 volts. Stay on the button to long and the atty fries. (A little bit of a learning curve here.)

P.S. Just another of the well thought out design details of the Super 6, adjustable button throw.

jeffcmfrt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2009
Carriere Mississippi
I take it everyone who was waiting on their Super Six has received it (Happy for all of you:)) But sad for me I was reading this thread and decided to take the plunge and ordered Batteries Charger and Super Six and nowone is around anymorehmmmm i guess one can say this is like going to a party but to find out you have the wrong adress and knowone is their(this sucks)

Anyway any news on orders? If you see your credit card was charged does this mean your order was shiped or close to shiped? I hate to contact him just for me being impatient but sure would .... to know.....any ideas anyone?

jeffcmfrt forum newbe

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Only a handful of super sixes have shipped to date. The majority of units are being CNC'd in one big batch as we speak. As of my last visit to the shop this past thursday, they should all be completed within two weeks time frame. I also have a few super sixes i am machining here that should also be ready shortly.

Hope that helps!

David

jeffcmfrt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2009
Carriere Mississippi
Hi all!
Received 6 of the Excellerator brand CR 2 LifePO 3.2 batteries with the charger. Not sure on the performance as I dont have anything that uses CR 2 Bats. The charger is a very cheap regular CR 123 batery charger with 3.6 volt output you can tell if it wasnt for the 2 little springs they soldered on to the negitive end's of the charger a CR 123 would slip right into it. I also had to cut a little lenth off the soldered spring because it was too long and put too much tention on the batteries which in turn tried to force the batteries to eject from the charger by themselve or loose conection because of too much tention from the springs. One of the batteries had a little rust on the positive end when I opened it the package that particular batery came in did not seem to be water damaged or anything but the batery did have a rust spot that I cleaned it off with a little wire brush(and It did take a charge just fine)

If I had to do it over again I would use spacers in a regular CR123 batery charger and just purchase the batteries....I am not even sure about the batteries as I can not comment on how well they will perform as I do not have my Super Six yet nor do I have anything around the house that uses CR 2 batteries( but the charger is as cheap as they can come!)

I measured the batteries with a caliper as the size of the CR 2 batteries came up ......I did not have another brand CR 2battery to measure and compare but it does look like theese are a little shorter then the ultrafire's in the picture that djdavis75 posted....anyway

CR 2 Excellerator Brand LIFePO Model EX-RCR-2 3.2V
L 26.75 mm 1.05 in
W 15.10 mm 59.50 in
Charger output 3.6 V

Tenergy LifePO4 750mAh RCR123 3.0V
L 34.00 mm 1.33 in
W 16.45mm 0.64
Tenergy Charger Output 3.9 V

I am suprized to see that they dont have that many rechargeable CR 2 batteries and CR 2 Batery chargers being it is a pretty common battery for a lot of Cameras theese days!

Anyway can't wait to get my hands on that Super Six I will be able to let my SB cool off im sure it will be more like colecting dust....

Hi all!
Received 6 of the Excellerator brand CR 2 LifePO 3.2 batteries with the charger. Not sure on the performance as I dont have anything that uses CR 2 Bats. The charger is a very cheap regular CR 123 batery charger with 3.6 volt output you can tell if it wasnt for the 2 little springs they soldered on to the negitive end's of the charger a CR 123 would slip right into it. I also had to cut a little lenth off the soldered spring because it was too long and put too much tention on the batteries which in turn tried to force the batteries to eject from the charger by themselve or loose conection because of too much tention from the springs. One of the batteries had a little rust on the positive end when I opened it the package that particular batery came in did not seem to be water damaged or anything but the batery did have a rust spot that I cleaned it off with a little wire brush(and It did take a charge just fine)

If I had to do it over again I would use spacers in a regular CR123 batery charger and just purchase the batteries....I am not even sure about the batteries as I can not comment on how well they will perform as I do not have my Super Six yet nor do I have anything around the house that uses CR 2 batteries( but the charger is as cheap as they can come!)

I measured the batteries with a caliper as the size of the CR 2 batteries came up ......I did not have another brand CR 2battery to measure and compare but it does look like theese are a little shorter then the ultrafire's in the picture that djdavis75 posted....anyway

CR 2 Excellerator Brand LIFePO Model EX-RCR-2 3.2V
L 26.75 mm 1.05 in
W 15.10 mm 59.50 in
Charger output 3.6 V

Tenergy LifePO4 750mAh RCR123 3.0V
L 34.00 mm 1.33 in
W 16.45mm 0.64
Tenergy Charger Output 3.9 V

I am suprized to see that they dont have that many rechargeable CR 2 batteries and CR 2 Batery chargers being it is a pretty common battery for a lot of Cameras theese days!

Anyway can't wait to get my hands on that Super Six I will be able to let my SB cool off im sure it will be more like colecting dust....

To tell you the truth the first time I saw these it brought up red flags. Besides looking like they were made in someons garage I find it odd that all the more recognized battery makers such as Tenergy,Ultrafire etc do not offer cr2 in a protected or LifePo4 version yet this as it seems to me totally unknown battery brand Excellerator just happens to be the only one ANYWHERE available in the world(Internet world at least). I just wonder if they really are what they say. I personally feel better getting a product that can be as dangerous as a lithium battery from a more known company. I know these Chinese manufacturers have there share of QC issues as well but I have more trust in there non protected cr2 than these guys LifePo4.

BTW just to clarify these are just my thoughts and opinions. Im not recommending either but I will be using the green cr2 3volts until a better option becomes abvailable with a decent mah rating.

Derek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread