Updated 7 day Janty Stick review and 510 comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.

wegster

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 10, 2009
    NC
    I have had my stick for almost 2 weeks. Other than the Janty addy going bad after 5 days (Janty is replacing so no problem), it is still functioning like the first day I got it. My biggest concern would be dropping the stick. It is, after all, plastic. THe SD is metal and unless you drop it on the plastic button, appears to be more durable on the surface.

Ludo (from Janty) has indicated that there is a metal version of the stick coming. I am certain it will be more expensive than the current version. I woulod not hesitate to recommend the stick to anyone, so long as you are not too clumsy;)

Thanks, Elendil. I did see the metal stick thread, but also, well, seems to be a fair amount of people with issues on the stick, which of course can be down to user error, or.. ? Thus the question to you, as I respect your opinion on it.

I may be holding out on the metal, tough to say, but definitely on the 510 adapter version, have too many 510 attys on hand, and more on the way :)

SKYYcamel

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 15, 2009
    Mississippi
    I've had me Janty Stick for 3 days now and I really like it so far. It's alot more convenient for me to use at work. I was using my Dura-C with the PCC, but it was kind of a pain to take it out of the PCC and put together every time i had a chance to vape. With the Stick, I just pull it out of the belt holder and vape away. It produces great vapor and a nice throat hit. I'm using my favorite juice (Johnson Creek TN Cured), and the flavor is good. The only problem I have so far is that the silver paint is already rubbing off from taking it in and out of the case. Other than that, I'm glad I bought it and I'm very satisfied. My Dura-C is still my workhorse at home though.

Zofryer

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 4, 2009
    Near DC
    zofryer.com
    I've had my stick for roughly two hours now (was on the loading dock and didn't even know it). If I start talking about it now I'm going to gush with newness if I get too detailed so I'll just nail some bullet points in an attempt to cover things that I don't think are usually talked about:

* This is a completely different level to the j118/510. Very light draw. Ridiculous vapor production.
    * The vapor production is such that I'd be worried to use it in a public non-smoking place.
    * It makes 16-18mg liquid hit like 36mg out of a mini.
    * The included USB pass-though cable is an item you can buy at radio shack. Standard fare.
    * I had to get the 36mg Hilton out of it and put 18mg in because it was kicking my ....
    * Might be the 801 atomizer, but the flavor of the liquid has never been this pronounced.
    * Hated the default mlb carts.
    * Might have been the initial factory charge, but it charged the first battery I put in it while using it charged in under 45 minutes. Same for the next one. Going to keep a spare at work and at home.
    * Not an enormous difference in the already easy draw between cart, and cartless with dripping, so I don't see the point in not just dripping the cart to make sure I never accidentally fry my atty, however I did notice the atty holds a ton of liquid during drip testing.
    * There's a very good chance if this had been my first PV, I'd never have gone on to try anything else it's really that good.

Ok, so some gushing. I'll post again after a few weeks of usage.

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 16, 2008
    Brown Edge, England
    I've had my stick for roughly two hours now (was on the loading dock and didn't even know it). If I start talking about it now I'm going to gush with newness if I get too detailed so I'll just nail some bullet points in an attempt to cover things that I don't think are usually talked about:

* This is a completely different level to the j118/510. Very light draw. Ridiculous vapor production.
    * The vapor production is such that I'd be worried to use it in a public non-smoking place.
    * It makes 16-18mg liquid hit like 36mg out of a mini.
    * The included USB pass-though cable is an item you can buy at radio shack. Standard fare.
    * I had to get the 36mg Hilton out of it and put 18mg in because it was kicking my ....
    * Might be the 801 atomizer, but the flavor of the liquid has never been this pronounced.
    * Hated the default mlb carts.
    * Might have been the initial factory charge, but it charged the first battery I put in it while using it charged in under 45 minutes. Same for the next one. Going to keep a spare at work and at home.
    * Not an enormous difference in the already easy draw between cart, and cartless with dripping, so I don't see the point in not just dripping the cart to make sure I never accidentally fry my atty, however I did notice the atty holds a ton of liquid during drip testing.
    * There's a very good chance if this had been my first PV, I'd never have gone on to try anything else it's really that good.

Ok, so some gushing. I'll post again after a few weeks of usage.

Yes, it does have that affect on people! :)

Had mine about 3 weeks now. It's a gem! :thumbs:

paise

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 9, 2009
    I have both a Janty Dura-C (aka Joye 510, Yenti, 510, 501) and a Janty Stick too. Each comes with it's own pros and it's own cons.

The Dura-C works well at my computer b/c of the USB PT and it's elegant in appearance when going out; however, the Janty Stick seems to be a bit more of a work horse and the battery life can be extended due to the larger batteries and the ability to change them out fairly easily. I use a quarter to make the initial twist on the battery cover then once the top is off the battery covering, I change out the battery (It's a blue one that come with the Janty Stick (actually, it came with 2 blue batteries). It appears as if the Janty Stick lasts longer when going out but it has it's downsides as well.

The Janty Stick can be USB PT'ed too but it's not like a standard PT. It's more of a charger than a PT but it works well as one. The Janty Stick is a bit bulky, considerably heavier, and it's tougher & can be someone painful for anyone with sensitive teeth when attempting to hold the Janty Stick between one's teeth for a few seconds to a minute or two when necessary to free up the hands. This is not a problem with the Dura-C/510/Joye 510/501, etc...

RE: Dura-C/510/Joye 510/501, I would recommend buying a PCC to recharge batteries. The PCC units are supposed to charge a battery for this unit at least 4 times; however, the PCC doesn't work with the new mega batteries. Those are too long to fit in the PCC and allow it to close. However, it is important to note there are PCC units that work with the manual standard sized batteries now. It has an opening on the inside area where the manual push-button will simply drop in without a hitch and it will allow plenty of space to not only drop the battery for charging but it allows the top to close without adding anything over the batt to keep it down so it can get a good charge. I believe I read that it takes about an hour to charge a 510/Dura-C/Dura/etc... battery - manual and automatic.

RE: Janty Stick can be recharged but it will require access to an outlet of some sort. The best wall adapter is here: USB Dual Power Adapter . It has enough electric juice to run the USB chargers, more so than what a computer gives off and you can't beat the price given the quality and power it puts out. It's a Dual USB Charger that plugs into a wall outlet. I've been using it for a few weeks now and it works wonders. I tried a dual USB wall charger that come with my Nano Ipod (before I got the 80gig Classic for Christmas last year) but it simply didn't have the umph to do the job and do it right. This adapter listed above does and it comes highly recommended. I found the recommendations from various threads on the forum here.

I'm trying to buy a few extra batteries for each unit along with a few atomizers when I can to ensure I don't run out in case one of the two manage to crap out on me. I also bought one of the mega batteries for the Dura-C/510 model. This one has the LED light on the end. I'm not sure how I feel about the LED light though. Perhaps I am wrong but it seems to me that having the LED light on the end of a battery would do more harm than good as it has to have a battery source to light the LED and as such, that battery source would be best served going to the part of the battery that actually allows for vaping, not making a Christmas Tree Light about of the end of of my e-cig but that's just my opinion. Others may feel differently and if so, please state why. This is my first battery to come with an LED so I am not well-versed on the LED function and how much of the battery's resources the light takes.

I really hope what I've learned will help someone else out there.

BTW, which works best in the Janty Stick, the 801 atty or the 901? I've been using an 801 atty since the one that came with my Janty Stick crapped out on me. I'm going to try to clean it to see if this will make any difference. I hope so. I realize the wires in the bottom of the atty need to line up with the cartridge; hwr, I am having problems lining them up b/c I simply cannot see that far or that well and on some days I can't see at all. Others have been kind enough to help me with the carts and attys for the 510/Dura-C model and placement of the cart. To everyone on that, my sincerest thanks... If anyone has an idea about making it easier to set the cart without squishing the wiring in the bottom of the 801/901 atty for the Janty Stick, I'm all ears and will be ever so appreciative.

So far, these are great units with their own little quirks but equally nice PVs to order and use. Regular maintenance is important though including changing out the filler in the cartridge. I've switched completely over to poly fill versus fighting the fluval or buying new empty blank carts each time. I only buy carts when the ones I have begin to feel weak as if they are worn to the point of breaking with use.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread