Wotofo Disposables Review: Ultra and Mega!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jen Bee

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2020
Wotofo Disposables Part Deux: The Ultra and Mega!

Hello again, vaping community! I am finally back with another review for the ECF community. This time, we will be having a look at Wotofo’s newest disposable devices on the market: the Ultra and Mega. These were kindly sent to me for review by Wotofo (thank you, Cara!).

If you guys have had the chance to read my previous review on ECF, and that so happened to be about Wotofo disposables too (the Airy, Wafer, Mini +), I had described some introductions on Wotofo there. I also mentioned some considerations about disposable e-cigarettes, and the controversy in the community about their rise and use. Saying all that, it looks like Wotofo are really putting their mark in the now highly-congested but very lucrative disposables market. Indeed, at least to me, it seems like they had recently released far more disposable products than their usual fare of atomisers and mods. Perhaps it is driven by demand, or maybe atomisers/mods take longer to design and implement than disposables. But whatever the reason is, these disposables are here now and will be in the market soon enough.

As before, my review will be from my own experience of using these devices in everyday life as a regular vaper.

Wotofo Ultra

Quick specs:

- 24.6 x 112.8 mm. Yep, it’s tall and chunky!

- 550 mAh battery

- Made from food-grade PC

- Having a 1.4 ohms mesh coil

- 8.5mL e-liquid volume and claims to have an up to 3000 puff-life.

- Rechargeable via a micro-USB port.

upload_2022-3-13_16-59-5.png

The Ultra is a pen-like (more like a fat pen) disposable vape made mostly of plastic. In keeping with other Wotofo devices, this has big and bold branding printed on it, although it does become a little minimal around the device which was a nice change to see.

It’s a typical disposable that works on auto-draw. What sets it apart from most disposables in the market is that it is rechargeable, and thus can afford to carry so much e-liquid inside. It is very light and pocketable though, owing to the materials used.

The auto-draw is very responsive, and its duckbill-type mouthpiece is comfortable enough. The draw is a medium MTL to me though, with the air coming from the bottom via a hole beside the concealed white LED indicator light that lights up when charging and when the device is in use. I do feel that Wotofo missed a trick here in not including an adjustable airflow, even a basic slider type. As it stands, I could not get a tight MTL, and this should certainly be a consideration for smokers who would like to use this device to simulate a cigarette to avoid it falling short of expectations.
upload_2022-3-13_16-59-30.png

Another point to note is the use of a micro-USB port as opposed to USB-C. Devices that have come out in the last couple of years have started to incorporate USB-C ports for its obvious advantages. And so I’m a little puzzled as to why Wotofo stuck with a (retro) micro-USB port for this device, especially so because the devices do not come with their own charging cable.

The Ultra comes in a variety of flavours, and I was sent these flavours: Grape Ice, Mango Peach Pineapple Ice, Blueberry Raspberry Ice, Sour Apple, and Pineapple Coconut. As with most disposables I have sampled/reviewed, all of the flavours have varying degrees of cooling in them. As I mentioned in my previous review, I am not a fan at all of ice or menthol vapes, but the flavours of the Ultra are very well done in that the cooling doesn’t flood my mouth when vaping. To further elevate the vape experience though, I wished that the draw was warmer. The Ultra can definitely afford to because it has a rechargeable battery. Currently, the draw is rather tepid: ideal in the summer but will feel really cold in the winter because of the “ice” in the e-liquid. Let’s put it that way.

upload_2022-3-13_16-59-52.png

Did it last the advertised 3000 puffs though? Well, at the time of this review, I have not managed to empty or exhaust any of the Ultra flavours sent to me. So, it is definitely lasting a fair while, and I think it will indeed last at or close to the advertised number because of the Ultra’s rechargeable nature.

From a low power state, it takes about an hour or so to charge which is pretty good. All in all, it’s a simple device to use and get on with. Flavour and (relative) cloud production is really nice owing to the use of mesh coils.

Wotofo Mega

Quick specs:

- 20 x 105 mm in dimensions. This one is sort of short and fat.

- A whopping 980 mAh of battery.

- Made from SS304 and food-grade PC

- Having a 1.6 ohms wire coil

- 5mL e-liquid volume and claims to have a 1500 puff-life.

upload_2022-3-13_17-0-17.png

The Mega is another pen-style disposable device. In contrast to the Ultra, the Mega is lathered in branding and product information all printed throughout the circumference of the device. I did wish it was a little understated than this, but I know better as this is a Wotofo device!

It has a round drip tip that narrows in the middle, which is my preference as far as MTL devices are concerned. Although it holds less e-liquid, the Mega is actually slightly heavier than the Ultra, and that is likely because it has almost twice the battery capacity. It needs this capacity to be able to use up the 5mL of e-liquid it comes loaded with.

upload_2022-3-13_17-0-38.png

This one is a classic open and use disposable: there is no ability to recharge it and no feature to be able to customise draw either. Speaking of draw, it is almost the same at the Ultra’s as a medium MTL. So, as mentioned earlier, this should be a consideration for those wanting that tight MTL to simulate the smoking experience. I suggest for Wotofo to consider adding a simple airflow control option on the Mega so that the user can tailor the draw to their desire.

And like the Ultra, the draw is also not warm- so I have the same suggestion for Wotofo here to make the draw warmer. However, I am not quite sure if that will be practical because increasing the warmth also increases the demand on the non-rechargeable battery. That might mean not being able to use up all of the pre-loaded e-liquid in the device. But, maybe making the draw tighter via adding an airflow control feature might make the draw a tiny bit warmer.

It also comes in a wide selection of flavours, and I was sent the Mint, Strawberry Ice Cream, Strawberry Banana Ice, Mango Peach Pineapple Ice, and Watermelon Ice. All of these flavours went down very well with me, making my vaping experience enjoyable. Cloud production was OK, and was about what I expected from a low wattage device using wire coils.

As for puff-life, it had indeed lasted me a relatively long time. Was it close to the advertised 1500 puffs? I’d say so, although I have a feeling that the battery may go first before the all of the e-liquid is used up.
upload_2022-3-13_17-1-1.png

Final Thoughts:

I know I mentioned a few “wishes” on these disposables, but overall, my experience of using these Wotofo disposables has been a treat! As a vaper for years, I know the kind of vape I enjoy and what needs to be changed to achieve that, hence the wish list peppered throughout my review. But for a smoker that is curious about vaping or those wanting to try it, these are certainly good devices to consider in making that transition. The flavours are really well done and punchy, enough to satisfy cravings.

These will certainly stay in my rotation as back-up devices in the car or when I need a device in a pinch!

My sincerest thanks again to Wotofo for allowing me to review these products!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread