Wotofo Wafer 5000 Disposables Review

Jen Bee

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2020
Wotofo Wafer 5000 Disposables Review

1679824998378.png

What’s up, ECF Vape Community?! I’m here again to share my thoughts on one of Wotofo’s newest disposable kits, the Wafer 5000!

These devices were sent to me by Wotofo for review purposes (thank you, Ardhy!).

Indeed, there’s no shying away from the seeming trend of Wotofo releasing more disposable kits as of late versus the typical vaping hardware they are most famous for. This is probably driven by market forces as disposable kits are dominating vape sales, and have done so for the last few years.

For experienced vapers, of course we hold on to the hope of more innovative mods and atomisers in future from Wotofo; for now, we take a look at what the Wafer 5000 is and what it brings to the market.

My review will be from my own experience of using these devices in everyday life as a regular vaper.

Quick specs:
  • 82 x 45 x 25 mm in dimensions with a rectangular form factor that fits well in the hand.
  • A whopping 1100 mAh battery.
  • Made from food-grade PC.
  • Having a 1.1 ohms mesh coil with nexMESH Tech.
  • 12mL of e-liquid pre-loaded, for up to 5000 puffs.
  • Has adjustable airflow.
  • Available in 12 flavours and in various nicotine levels.
The Wafer 5000 (“Wafer”) has user-friendly ergonomics with its curved sides and smooth surfaces. With the kit made of mostly plastic, it is extremely lightweight despite the big battery and generous e-liquid inside. The device shell and mouthpiece are transparent, with the body’s shell giving a view of the battery and e-liquid compartments. These compartments are covered in colourful abstract print that are indeed eye-catching, with the one for e-liquid clearly spelling out the flavour inside. Being a Wotofo product, the kit of course has big and bold branding of “Wotofo Wafer” on it, but it is done in a lively way to make the product unmistakably Wotofo’s. Overall, I really like the Wafer’s colourful design and comfortable form-factor; it evokes “fun” without being too loud or garish.

1679825016881.png

With a transparent shell, one may think that this kit comes with LED light effects, which thankfully the Wafer doesn’t. Not that I’m against such aesthetic effects, but for me, they don’t really add value to my vaping experience. So, I’m very happy that the Wafer chose the pragmatic route by not including such a feature, especially since the device isn’t rechargeable.

The flat mouthpiece narrows to the top and is very comfortable on the lips. At the device’s base is where an LED light to indicate operation is found, as well as the airflow control slider.

The Wafer’s airflow control is quite effective. Sliding the well-placed knob (which is tucked in nicely so as not to snag on anything) adjusts the airflow. In my opinion, the airflow goes from a tight MTL with the airflow closed, to a classic medium MTL with the airflow fully open. So for me, the Wafer is a MTL device, but a quite restricted DL can be attempted with the airflow fully open.

1679825030367.png

For the way I like to vape, I kept the airflow knob in the middle, so looser than a tight MTL but with a little more restriction versus a traditional medium MTL. This just hits the spot for me!

The Wafer is a plug-and-play kind of device: just unpack and then take a pull! A very simple device to operate, I can’t foresee any issues for vapers of all levels.

Of the available flavours of the Wafer, I have been sent these in varying nicotine levels: Mango Pineapple Juice, Grape Ice, Strawberry Ice Cream, Lemon Cola, Cherry Dragon Fruit, Mango Pear, and Blueberry Sour Raspberry. All of these flavours tasted exactly as what you would expect reading the flavour title, with the taste coming as sweet and fresh. The flavours are strong from the first puff and leave a nice taste and feel in the mouth; they do not feel “dry” to vape which is always a pro for disposable vapes!

1679825044694.png

The fruit/drink flavours have a certain juiciness to them, along with a hint of cooling. The Strawberry Ice Cream also tasted great, although I would suggest a little more dairy creaminess to this flavour to really take it to the next level.

For me, what makes the Wafer stand out in a very crowded disposable vapes market is the fact that it is a high puff-count device without a need to recharge it. Considering my lifestyle of being always up and about, this is useful as I don’t have to think about if I will run out of battery when I am out.

The power delivered to the coil gives a dense vape as well, which just adds to a satisfying vape experience.

But, did the Wafer last the 5000 puffs claimed? At the time of writing, I have not yet exhausted a kit during my review, so I will say that it is lasting a fair while. However, and as always, puff life really depends on how a vaper uses the device, e.g., how deep one takes a draw.

Overall, I am more than happy with the Wotofo Wafer 5000 and even as an experienced vaper, I find myself picking it up on quick shop runs just for its simplicity of use. The only thing I could suggest to Wotofo is perhaps incorporating a way for the user to know remaining battery life or e-liquid levels; that way, it eliminates having to guesstimate if a kit is near its end of service life. But again, the Wafer 5000 is ideal for those who want all the convenience from a disposable vape device without compromising on taste and performance.

My sincerest thanks again to Wotofo for allowing me to review these products!

Users who are viewing this thread