Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikedin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
western new york
Ok so after awhile of battery use in my smpl mods and Apollo mod I'm starting to get little black pits in the tops of my battery's that don't clean off is there any way to fix this and still have the integrity of the battery id assume this is the normal thing with the fact the 510 is contacting the battery itself

That being said is there any simple fix for this so I can have a clean battery top again

rhm3769

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2013
Huntersville, NC
Its not normal for me. Been using a 4nine since Jan, no marks/pits or anything on the batteries.
I did have some signs of degradation on the magnets for the switch, though....

I don't know if it'll help any, but I'd check to make sure the pin on your atty extends well enough past the 510 threading and you're not getting any kind of arcing from the battery top and the atty's pin.... And I'd check the build in the atty for solid connections between the coils and the posts and tight screws....

Reactions: Mikedin

Mikedin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
western new york
All builds get double and triple checked before hitting any of my hybrids and I only use attys with abnormally long 510 pins so there's defenitly no contact or arcing it's just odd that there's the little pits in them i have checked the 510s and there all smooth with no burrs or anything that would mark them and most of the pits are centered where the 510 contacts them right in the middle

And thank you for your reply and suggestions, anybody else have any input or similar experience?

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Ok so after awhile of battery use in my smpl mods and Apollo mod I'm starting to get little black pits in the tops of my battery's that don't clean off is there any way to fix this and still have the integrity of the battery id assume this is the normal thing with the fact the 510 is contacting the battery itself

That being said is there any simple fix for this so I can have a clean battery top again

If the pitting is minor a pen eraser (not a pencil eraser) is just abrasive enough to bring any raised spots on the edges of the pits back down. This can help to prevent more pitting in the same place due to all the current first flowing through the tiny raised area before the entire 510 touches the battery.

Reactions: Mikedin

Mikedin

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 6, 2015
    western new york
    If the pitting is minor a pen eraser (not a pencil eraser) is just abrasive enough to bring any raised spots on the edges of the pits back down. This can help to prevent more pitting in the same place due to all the current first flowing through the tiny raised area before the entire 510 touches the battery.
    Thanks @Mooch the battery man himself lol I also went outside and took a Dremmel with a buffing pad on it and a bit of buffing compound and buffed out the raised parts and they buffed out 99% so not only are they mostly smooth and pitiless there also shiny as new after a nice microfiber cloth buff

edyle

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 23, 2013
    Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
    All builds get double and triple checked before hitting any of my hybrids and I only use attys with abnormally long 510 pins so there's defenitly no contact or arcing it's just odd that there's the little pits in them i have checked the 510s and there all smooth with no burrs or anything that would mark them and most of the pits are centered where the 510 contacts them right in the middle

And thank you for your reply and suggestions, anybody else have any input or similar experience?

img_20150830_152050-jpg.488150

Try a truehybrid

Mikedin

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 6, 2015
    western new york
    That will probably be my next step I own 2 smpl mods one clone and one authentic and Apollo clone to really try out hybrids and I seem to prefer them I have all kinds of mods regular with self adjusting top pins manual adjusting top pins 2 box mods , 8 mechs in total not a huge collection but a nice starter set lol

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread