Status
Not open for further replies.

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
pretty much there wouldnt be any difference(in performance) between one of these or a unregulated box,right?

A parallel unregulated box should hit harder than a single battery tube mod, voltage drop would get distributed between the two batteries resulting in a harder hit.

A single battery unregulated box would be about the same though.

A series box mod at the same ohm build would obviously hit substantially harder, nearly 2x.

Reactions: Bad Ninja

Froth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Chipotle.
Depends on the box.
Yes, yes it does... :)
MCV-Copper-Cherry-Bomber.jpg

something like 800g of copper billet, solid silver contacts, full mechanical function with zero wires.

Edit: ^That would pretty much destroy every single 18650 mech mod there is.

Last edited:

Froth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Chipotle.
That's a $375 mechanical.
Mucho overpriced.
And I want one!
Lol
You and me both, but my Wife would be mucho ...... about a $375 mod purchase. I must confess though, I ordered the Aluminum Clone from Angelcigs a few days ago on pre-order while it was still in stock. I truly like the engravings on it and if the clone is half as good as the authentic it will likely outperform everything I own.

Back on topic: For the first time since I have owned it my brass SMPL gave me an issue, at some point without my initial noticing tonight the spring collapsed due to heat, I can only assume this is from constant use at 0.12 ohms and wear over time has taken its toll(this mod gets the most use of all of my mods). No matter, I had a replacement on hand that was a bit longer that I trimmed to length and all is now well in Brass SMPL land again.

Last edited:

alicewonderland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
You and me both, but my Wife would be mucho ...... about a $375 mod purchase. I must confess though, I ordered the Aluminum Clone from Angelcigs a few days ago on pre-order while it was still in stock. I truly like the engravings on it and if the clone is half as good as the authentic it will likely outperform everything I own.

Lol I love how its been cloned, and they kept the original "#$%# all cloners!" engraving :laugh:, that 375$ price tag tho jesus, there are more complex products out there that take way more development and made of more precious materials that dont even come close to 375$. That thing doesn't even have any guts :confused:

Last edited:

Froth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Chipotle.
Why get the new iPad Mini 3 when you can have this shiny metal box?

If you buy anything like that, let it be for engraving, not for any performance advantage.
I bet it hits no harder than a box mod with 12 gauge copper wire.
I'll take that bet! ;) We'll definitely find out I've got a friend with a box that just happens to have some solid core copper wire and a 3034 Mosfet with a 3A vandal proof switch to put it up against.

Edit: Don't tell my Wife about the new iPad Mini 3...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread