goliath v2 help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiscoRanger

Aug 2, 2015
Hello, so I recently purchased a goliath v2 and it's spitback city and leaking everywere, it's also getting rediculously hot! Can anyone tell me if I'm wicking it wrong or what's going on? I would really appreciate it! My coils are 7 wrap 24 gauge on an 7/64 drill bit. Around .25 ohms. Iv watched a few videos and it seams like I'm doing it right..

Last edited:

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
Hard to tell without pics, but that seems like a ridiculously low build for any rta. It's not a dripper. I would build it with 28G and shoot for more like .6 to .8 ohms. I don't own one, but I can't see it having the airflow for coils that big. That's probably where your heat issue is. The leaking and spitback are probably from improper wicking.

DiscoRanger

Aug 2, 2015
1442448060407~2.jpg
1442448060407~2.jpg
1442448060407~2.jpg

HighPlainsPuffer

Jul 9, 2015
in flux
What wattage are you running it at? I run a .34 build in my goliath v2 and it's been perfect. Once i get over 60 watts the wicking can't keep up, but at 50 watts the thing has great flavor and good clouds. The goliath has plenty of air, not sure why you wouldn't be able to hang right around .2 - .3, but that said the .34 is the lowest I've built mine. I do prefer twisted coils over the standard ones. Your wicking looks pretty good, i run mine just slightly longer, where the tails are pretty much even with the notched out portion. It may be a little thick, might be worth trying just a little less cotton. As to the leaking, is the juice coming out the airholes? Are you top filling it possibly without closing off the juice feed?

Reactions: DiscoRanger

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
Like I said, I don't have that tank and not familiar with it, but that's a lot of metal to close up in a kayfun type chimney. My guess is you are putting at least 50W to it, and that's a lot of heat. I have a Billow V2 which looks remarkably similar though. And it looks like your wicks are too short. Try cutting them a lil longer so that they go down into those little dimples in the threads for the chimney. Wet them just SLIGHTLY and tuck them back just inside the threads. You don't want them to lose their "fluffy", but you don't want them to get caught in the threads when you screw the chimney on. This is my Billow in the pic. I screwed up the wick on the left ( no "fluffy"), but it still works. Gives a dry hit now and then. The one on the right is what you want to shoot for.
billow wicks.jpg

Reactions: DiscoRanger

DiscoRanger

Aug 2, 2015
What wattage are you running it at? I run a .34 build in my goliath v2 and it's been perfect. Once i get over 60 watts the wicking can't keep up, but at 50 watts the thing has great flavor and good clouds. The goliath has plenty of air, not sure why you wouldn't be able to hang right around .2 - .3, but that said the .34 is the lowest I've built mine. I do prefer twisted coils over the standard ones. Your wicking looks pretty good, i run mine just slightly longer, where the tails are pretty much even with the notched out portion. It may be a little thick, might be worth trying just a little less cotton. As to the leaking, is the juice coming out the airholes? Are you top filling it possibly without closing off the juice feed?
I run it at 60 watts i don't get dry hits at 60, yeah it's coming out of the air holes I bottom fill it, but I close off the juice flow when I put it back together, I leave it all the way open when it's back together could that be an issue too?

DiscoRanger

Aug 2, 2015
Like I said, I don't have that tank and not familiar with it, but that's a lot of metal to close up in a kayfun type chimney. My guess is you are putting at least 50W to it, and that's a lot of heat. I have a Billow V2 which looks remarkably similar though. And it looks like your wicks are too short. Try cutting them a lil longer so that they go down into those little dimples in the threads for the chimney. Wet them just SLIGHTLY and tuck them back just inside the threads. You don't want them to lose their "fluffy", but you don't want them to get caught in the threads when you screw the chimney on. This is my Billow in the pic. I screwed up the wick on the left ( no "fluffy"), but it still works. Gives a dry hit now and then. The one on the right is what you want to shoot for.
View attachment 490678
It looks like you you've got a lot less cotton so I'll definitely try less cotton for sure, and lengthen the tails a bit too. Also I love it's always sunny it's my fav show:)

Last edited:
Reactions: Hans Wermhat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread