How Much Does Ohm-meter Add?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikita Marinko

Jul 14, 2015
So I have recently build a coil (as you can see on the image, that vapes perfectly) and I usually dont mind about the ohms if the meter shows something between 1,8-2,1 ohms. But this one raised up a question.
How much does ohmeter add? As you can see on the second image I have two adapters on it. (I should probably get a single one that does ego to ego, and not how I have it with the ego/510 to 510/ego then atty)
I suppose these adapters can increase the ohm level by a bit, question is how much?
I have noticed that everytime I screw the coil on and depending on how much I screw, either super tight, just right and finger tight. The coil would give 1,4 - 1,45 - and -1,51 ohm. So basically depending on how much I screw this coil it gives me a range of 1,4 to 1,51 ohm. This also happens with other coils (but you know if you see 1,75 one time you screw it and 1,81 the next time and its usually inbetween then its cool I guess?)
So I would rule out the fact that it could short, since no matter how many times I measure it its always inbetween those numbers.

So yeah back to the real question. Do adapters increase ohms? If so what would be the "about" ammount. I mean, if its around 0,10-20 then its fine I guess. I will just calculate and set different voltages and test good vapes.
Right now I am vaping this one at 3,7 to 4 V and it vapes fine.

Attachments

• IMAG0254.jpg
    IMAG0254.jpg
    824.8 KB · Views: 24
  • IMAG0253.jpg
    IMAG0253.jpg
    811.6 KB · Views: 24

Romano Cheese

Master Mod Womper
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
I have noticed my ohm meter jump around the more I tighten it as well. I don't use adapters anymore because I have RDAs and all the sub-ohm fancy whatnots but I assume there's +/- of .02Ω. My ohm reader says one thing but my IPV3 Li says another...do I trust the $20 ohm reader or the YiHi chip designed for temperature control? I can't give you a definitive answer on the adapters but I would just do what you are doing, start at 3.7v and vape it, increase as needed.

Nikita Marinko

Jul 14, 2015
I have noticed my ohm meter jump around the more I tighten it as well. I don't use adapters anymore because I have RDAs and all the sub-ohm fancy whatnots but I assume there's +/- of .02Ω. My ohm reader says one thing but my IPV3 Li says another...do I trust the $20 ohm reader or the YiHi chip designed for temperature control? I can't give you a definitive answer on the adapters but I would just do what you are doing, start at 3.7v and vape it, increase as needed.

Yeah man at 3,7 its good flavour bit less vapor. At 4V its bit dryish/burnish but alot of vapor.
I just settle this one at 3,85 and it vapes fine both way

Reactions: Romano Cheese

Nikita Marinko

Jul 14, 2015
real hi quality ohm meters that read down to .00X ohms cost more than 500$ on average ( lab grade meters)... a 20$ ohm meter isnt going to be accurate to much more than .0X +/- .05- .02 even on a good day, they are intended for a ball park reading, not an accurate reading.

Oh if its in the 0,0x range then thats cool
the 0,x range would be a bit more troubling I guess, but livable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread