Status
Not open for further replies.

Wow1420

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Somewhere out there
Meter leads are a little jiffy to hold steady on an atty connector. So I clipped off a set of test leads and soldered the wires from the plug side to a 510 connector. I mounted the 510 connector in plastic box. (Hot glue) Now I've got a convenient test jig that I just plug into my multimeter when I'm checking coil builds.

It didn't make sense to me to get a dedicated ohm checker when I already had a good multimeter.

certus11

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2014
usa
The great thing about a multi-meter is you can also check Volts, the charge on your battery coming off your charge or going on your charger. If the charger is going bad, or your mod is discharging too far, this is the only way you'll know...:vapor:

Yeah this is the main reason as to why I bought me. Second most important reason is to use it as a stand while rebuilding

kachuge

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
IMO if your wanting to build low resistance builds, get an ohm meter. Only the most expensive multimeters measure resistance to two decimals.

However, DO NOT buy cheap black box ohm meters, they have huge errors. Dish out the dough for a good quality one.

You said it, I just got one of those black box ones in the mail today....... check a box of five brand new kangar protank II coil heads.......

either they are all off, or the meter is......... they are supposed to be 1.8 ohms, it shows minimum of 2.2 ohms.........

going out tomorrow to spend some $$$

.......it is cheaper to buy good quality (and local)

g

Vapz1

Mar 23, 2014
OH USA
If you touch the black and red probs together is will read the resistance of the meter. It sounds like that is 0.4 from what your describing. You should subtract that reading from the coil reading to get the actual resistance. i.e. 2.2 -.4 = 1.8

I'm fairly new to vaping / coil building so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:

kachuge

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
nope, its not a multi meter, its one of those ohm meters specially made for coil ohms.......

I've got a multi meter, and when i'm too lazy to zero it out, I do the subtraction thing.......... I wish that's what the case was here...

.... this ohm meter even has a carto hookup...... checked a box of those too........ brand new, supposed to be 1.8...... I got 5 different readings

......ten bucks.. thought I couldn't go wrong........... my own damn fault.... you get what you pay for......

g

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread