Status
Not open for further replies.

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
Okay, so I've been using mechanical mods for about 2 months now. Every time I screw in an rda my ohm meter says 0.0.0 when the rda is tight (not real tight, but like you'd screw on an RDA to a mechanical mod tight). If I loosen it up, it'll range from 0.06 to 0.57 (which I believe is closer to what the coil actually is). I'm hesitant to use it without knowing for sure. I've changed batteries and it does the same thing. Is my ohm meter done or am I just missing an obvious problem? I've googled it, just not getting answers regarding this. Thanks, Danny.

brickfollett

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2013
Washington
I think it's your ohm reader. It's a dedicated ohm reader correct? not like a Provari or an Evic or something? Just buy a new one, that's definitely a must have tool for mechanicals. I'm pretty experienced with building coils, but I never hit my fire button until I've popped my atty on an ohm reader and flicked my coils to check for a steady reading and no shorts

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
Yes it's an actual ohm reader. It worked 3 days ago when I built on the onslaught RDA. Consistently showed 0.41. Then I go to build something for my TOBH and it says something that looks like 0.0.0 on both RDAs and reads 1 when there is nothing screwed in. I agree, I'm not using the coil I built today until I know for sure where it's at.

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
I had an ohm reader and it started doing that. I took the connector apart and found that the pin insulator had gotten torn or pierced. I out a new one on and resoldered the connections. It worked once, and then started doing the same thing. Took it apart again and found the insulator had gotten a hole in it again. Threw the whole thing away. I wasn't screwing the atty on super tight, but for some reason the atty would end up pinching the insulator and making a hole in it.

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
Does the meter do this on all of your attys or just this one?
If it's just this one, and the center pin is adjustable, try backing it out a bit.

Both of the attys I have does it.

Don't know if this has been mentioned . . . Have you cleaned the ohm meter's 510 connection with a q-tip and alcohol?

I've cleaned it with q-tips, but not the alcohol. May give that a shot I have to go to the store anyways,

iClearoman

Jun 23, 2014
columbus
I've had a similar problem with one of my ohms readers. If it isnt making connection all the way it will either give a false reading or it will say 0. Try pulling the center pin up on the reader to make sure it is making full connection with your atty. also this could be happening because you have a short somewhere in your build. Good luck and vape on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread