My first nicotine overdose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

boochips

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2009
Marianna, Florida
Damn boy...you go with your bad ... self, lol. But really, glad your ok and I'm sure you'll be having a blast with your Silver Bullet when it's ready. :)

I mentioned a couple times that my use was irresponsible and my symptoms were consistent with that of a nicotine OD not an alcohol overdose (though a contributing factor due to impairment of judgment). My intention was to draw attentions to misuse, no one and certainly not myself is 'commending' the actions I've described and the result I would think speaks for itself.

Bella Luce seemed to be commending you.....

Glad you are doing alright man! Would have been a literal cemetaryman. D: I'm afraid im gonna do something similar, even though I had an incident this morning already.

I'm clumsy, and broke a small bottle of 11mg black tea juice in my pocket today and didnt notice till about 4 minutes later. Got a MASSIVE headache. Thank god my pants absorbed most of it, and the headache with some jitters was all I got.

tl:dr... Don't put bottles of juice in your pants pockets! >.<;

Numanoid

Jan 12, 2010
MN
Did the test results come back as nicotine "poisoning" or are you going on the doctor's suspicion?

Nic poisoning is hard to do with vaping, the required amount is really high, even in 25mg strength.

That said, it reminds me of when I had an arrhythmia attack one day after partying WAY too hard the night before. Stimulants and lack of dehydration can cause your heart to race. I was seriously freaked out, but was certain I wasn't having a heart attack. I kept my phone near, took an aspirin just in case and monitored my HR with a monitor I use for working out. I drank a ton of water and just tried to rest. It went away fairly quickly and it never came back. This was well before my vaping use and it was likely a result of too much drinking, smoking, and red bull the night before, coupled with more red bull and smokes in the morning.

robertpri

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2009
Nic poisoning is hard to do with vaping, the required amount is really high, even in 25mg strength.

AsI understand it [and still a novice here] the highest nic patch you can buy is 24mg. So, using your example above, one ML [about 20 drops] of 25mg nic is about the same as one maximum nic patch.

Please feel free to correct me if wrong, because I really want to understand how much nic I get from vaping. Oddly enough, it seems difficult to calculate.

cappuccina

Moved On
Jan 12, 2010
Midwest
There have been several folks on here who have suggested that for those who need nicotine, to vape your "usual" dose at the same intervals you would have smoked cigarettes, approximating the nimber of puffs that one cigarette would have, and then vaping 0-Nic in between...

Maybe have two batteries set up during the day, your "nic" battery and your "no nic" battery...

Oddly, I no longer crave the nicotine; it is the act of smoking I was missing quite a bit, so I use no nic all day at this point.

robertpri

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2009
There have been several folks on here who have suggested that for those who need nicotine, to vape your "usual" dose at the same intervals you would have smoked cigarettes, approximating the nimber of puffs that one cigarette would have, and then vaping 0-Nic in between...

Maybe have two batteries set up during the day, your "nic" battery and your "no nic" battery...

Oddly, I no longer crave the nicotine; it is the act of smoking I was missing quite a bit, so I use no nic all day at this point.

Good points. I bought some high grade VG and diluted my 18mg nic 50/50, so in theory, I'm vaping 9mg nic. I do miss the flavor which has been seriously reduced by the dilution, so looking for a supplier with 6mg nic in VG juice with a tobacco flavor. [I dislike all those candy flavored things] I am convinced all my side affects were caused by PG based juice. YMMV

Massive headache, shortness of breath, laboured breathing and a heart rate of 110-115 bpm.

I should probably go to the ER then; my heart rate is never lower then 110. I have Imitrex headaches about 2 times a week.

I think Nic OD was a bit severe of a diagnosis, but if the treatment worked for you, cheers ;)

Wireguy

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2009
Birmingham Al
I never got nicotine poisoning from cigarettes but we can with eliquid. How much eliquid is too much. I smoked for 40 years and never got nauseated or headache from smoking but I have occasionally gotten these symptoms from vaping. Are we getting more from vaping.

I did. Many many times. According to what I've read around here, anecdotal, doctors reports and some experimentation by our member chemist we get less nicotine from vaping than smoking.

If that's what you think take it up with her.... that's not the impression I got.
:thumbs::thumbs:

jaded

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2009
Lynchburg, VA
This sounds like my typical weekend morning when i smoked. I would chain smoke and drink, usually a pack or more with in the 4 hours or so I would be out. Woke up about every morning feeling like what you describe. I always attributed it to the smoking(nic and other chemicals) Since the smoking ban I haven't had the same trouble, I don't vape as much as I smoked tho.

robertpri

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2009
I liked the 16 and 18, so then bought 24 and 36. Both were too much for me, racing heart and high blood pressure. I bought pure VG to cut those two higher nic's in half, and no problems since. I now buy nothing but VG juice in the 12-18 range, and no bad effects.

I think it's like booze. Some people can swill it down, and others fall down. People's reactions to vaping seem to vary a great deal.

I certainly don't like or agree with the UK's potential to regulate e-cigs, but I wonder if the bigger issue is the juice. One can really mix up some pretty heavy batches. Even on this site, it's warned to wash your skin if you spill raw nic juice on yourself. I hope they arrive at a reasonable solution.

robertpri

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2009
Vapor4life has a huge sale on 0nic juice in 20ml bottles rt now, for $5 plus thier vday disc of 21% grab a few bottles... No more nic headaches ;)

Many thanks! I have bought from them before, good place, and the way various countries [and US states] have banned e-cig's, it's good to stock up.

stevelenti

ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
I highly doubt this was nicotine poisoning because normally 90% of nicotine purges from your system pretty quick and you said you went to the doctor the next morning. It would only take a few hours (maybe even less) to recover from a mild case of nicotine poisoning. I have vaped a ton and got the flushed cheeks and mild headache but it all goes away pretty quickly once you put the e-cig down for a bit.

This sounds way more like dehydration / hangover and then a little anxiety because you talked yourself into the fact that you thought you had nicotine poisoning (the mind is very powerful).

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
On Thursday I got two deliveries of liquid. On Friday, I was happily vaping away, trying them all. A little 36 mg in the morning to help me wake up. A lot of 24 mg throughout the day. I was chain vaping the way I used to chain smoke.

Around 6 I began to feel nauseated and realized what I had been doing. I immediately stopped and pulled it back to a more reasonable level and felt better.

Until I read this thread, I hadn't associated the killer headache on Saturday with all that vaping. But it makes sense. (A couple of Advil every 4 hours and it was gone in 6 or 7 hours.)

I think the problem was that I found some flavors I really, really liked so I was vaping for flavor as much as for nicotine. The morning cartful of 36 mg will stay, but i think I'll cut a lot of the 24s a little lower (and toss in the occasional cartful of 0 mg.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread