The next "Big" step in vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilparis47

Moved On
Aug 10, 2015
What do you guys thing the next "big step" in vaping will be? Or have we already reached the pinnacle of vaping?

Currently the newest step in vaping is temp control, but we've all been down the evolutionary road in vaping:
Bought a pen, then got an ego twist, then got the itaste vv, then heard about higher wattage devices, then got a regulated box and rda. then sub ohm tanks came out. now you thought it was great, but then temp control came out. Whats the next phase?

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
What do you guys thing the next "big step" in vaping will be? Or have we already reached the pinnacle of vaping?

Currently the newest step in vaping is temp control, but we've all been down the evolutionary road in vaping:
Bought a pen, then got an ego twist, then got the itaste vv, then heard about higher wattage devices, then got a regulated box and rda. then sub ohm tanks came out. now you thought it was great, but then temp control came out. Whats the next phase?

The next big step is temperature control/limit at more practical ohms.

either that or a firmware upgradeable eazyhead device m21x1 threaded, complete with adapters to fit other threadings to fit just below the topcap of a mech

Reactions: Hans Wermhat

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Oh? elaborate

Prices are going to double (if not triple). People will demand more cost effective ways to vape.
    No different than what cigarette prices did for "RYO" cigarettes.

People have always complained about the cost of a Provari. Well what happens when a little 650 eGo battery costs that much?

The only logical conclusion is that people will demand more - from less.

Last edited:

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
    Jun 9, 2015
    Texas
    I see ways around it. As long as you vape 0 nic, it's not a "tobacco product" and shouldn't be included in any new regulations. Therefore the gear shouldn't be effected by any new laws, since you can use it to vape 0 nic juice. We will have to wait and see how deep the gubment inserts it when they bend us over though.

Reactions: EBates

tj99959

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    I see ways around it. As long as you vape 0 nic, it's not a "tobacco product" and shouldn't be included in any new regulations. Therefore the gear shouldn't be effected by any new laws, since you can use it to vape 0 nic juice. We will have to wait and see how deep the gubment inserts it when they bend us over though.

You need to read the "proposed" regulations.

Their take on it is that if it *CAN* be used to vape nicotine .. it should be regulated.
    (sure glad they haven't figured out that my kitchen stove will vaporize e-liquids)

Last edited:

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
    Jun 9, 2015
    Texas
    I've read most of it. I just don't think ALL of it will make it to the final piece of law. I'm probably too optimistic though. And I have a decent stash of gear and I DIY, so the only thing I see being a huge problem for me is getting my nicotine. If they try to regulate (tax) the rest of the components in e-juice, prices on a thousand different products will triple and the sheeple will demand the law to be re-vamped.

Reactions: David Wolf

Oregon Linda

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 1, 2013
    Salem, OR
    New connector. 510 sucks.

Now THAT I could go for. Temp control and the rest - not all that interested.

I think the Next Big Step might be Closed System Cartridges.

The very reason I'm building my vapocalypse kit and stocking my freezer with nic. It could happen before we know it.

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 3, 2014
    United States
    I've read most of it. I just don't think ALL of it will make it to the final piece of law. I'm probably too optimistic though. And I have a decent stash of gear and I DIY, so the only thing I see being a huge problem for me is getting my nicotine. If they try to regulate (tax) the rest of the components in e-juice, prices on a thousand different products will triple and the sheeple will demand the law to be re-vamped.
    As I see it, regulated (taxed of worse) will be juices+nic and (may be) equipment.
    I am ready.

RipCigs

ECF Veteran
    Apr 17, 2015
    Croatia
    As in the previous thread regarding this topic, i think kanthal TC would be a huge amazing step. Also the ability to adjust when the TC dry coil warning kicks in, i don't want my cotton to be completely dry before it stops me. As always improvements in size and battery life are also a big factor, but the biggest step would be silencing all the voices that demonize vaping with no base and vaping becoming recognized as the best tobacco harm reduction next to complete quitting everywhere.

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
    Jun 9, 2015
    Texas
    I need a couple more mechs. I don't see batteries being a problem since they aren't manufactured for vaping. VG, PG, and flavors are used more in food than in vaping, so hopefully they won't get wrapped up in it as separate items...
    As in the previous thread regarding this topic, i think kanthal TC would be a huge amazing step.
    It's already here. The iJoy Asolo. Haven't seen any reviews, but it does exist.

Reactions: Oregon Linda
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread